Remember

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Remember

Post by Gossy7 »

We've played one game, and its the first of the pre-season. Its the first of the year.

There has been a fair bit of negative talk over the past 20 hours. Settle down guys, remember, its pre-season :wink:

Can someone tell me in the past 5-6 years how many pre-season matches we've won?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

You're right, it is only one largely meaningless pre-season loss. However, there are some depressing thoughts that flow from last night's game:
- We've had 6 months to fix as many of our problems from last season as possible. On last night's evidence, we haven't made considerable progress in that regard. If we've only made that much progress over 6 months, how much progress are we likely to make before the season proper begins in one month?
- We lost to the team that may be the worst team to take to an AFL field since Fitzroy exited the league. That hurts.
- We played with a pretty strong side - we were missing the Johnsons and McPhee and that's about it. In seasons past where we've played with skeleton sides the results are rendered meaningless, but i assume most people were expecting something more from the team we fielded last night.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Blimey. You'd think it was September judging by some of the vitriol being posted today... :|
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

You are right Gossy7. This is only a fairly meaningless NAB-CUP game so no big deal. However after the Allstar game 50 points win, everyone: fans, players, even coaches got all pumped up and ... now, we get beaten by less than a goal in a game that feels much like 2006, and we lose to Carlton to add insult to injury. So everyone is down, normal.

Too bad it was a good chance to recreate a winning culture before the real season starts and we really need it because we play Adelaide in Adelaide round 1.
Red and Black Forever
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Remember

Post by Rossoneri »

Gossy7 wrote:We've played one game, and its the first of the pre-season. Its the first of the year.

There has been a fair bit of negative talk over the past 20 hours. Settle down guys, remember, its pre-season :wink:

Can someone tell me in the past 5-6 years how many pre-season matches we've won?
Can someone also tell me how we have performed over the last 5-6 years?

Carlton looked ok last night and they have played one less match than we have.

If NLM, Bradley and Peverill are in our best 22 then we will finish bottom 2, no doubt.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Remember

Post by gringo »

Gossy7 wrote:We've played one game, and its the first of the pre-season. Its the first of the year.

It's the first of the year, and we haven't changed a bit. So when we are venting our anger, it's not based on last night's efforts, but on the past two seasons of filth. Nothing has changed. Still no game plan, no speed and no skill.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

We've played one game, and its the first of the pre-season. Its the first of the year.

There has been a fair bit of negative talk over the past 20 hours. Settle down guys, remember, its pre-season

LMAO

Tell that to Sheeds. He said he wanted to win NAB Cup games for the fans because they deserve a win after the last 2 seasons, and also so that the club could get that winning culture/spirit back, because the last 2 seasons we have forgotten how to win.

There was a reason why Essendon fielded the best team they had on offer, there was a reason why Hirdy played...the reason was to win.

Essendon went out there to win and played like they did last year...CRAP.

We tried to win and lost to arguably the worst team in the comp. 6 months of training for that crap.

People said the same thing last year when we lost to Brisbane...dont worry its justa pre season game. LOL..the Lions fielded a team of players whose names I barely even know. They were severely short handed, and they still won. It was troubling last year given Sheds wanted to win that game, and its troubling this year that Sheeds wanted to win even more.