We need to bite the bullet...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

We need to bite the bullet...

Post by gringo »

..and stop playing slow, unskilled players in the middle. We've spent the last two years watching hideously unskilled players cost us game after game. If EFC is serious about improving, we need to start playing our young players through the middle who have pace and skill NOW and send those who don't to Bendigo and then delist them at the season's end.

Pev - great stopping player who is slow and deplorable skills. No place for him in the team. Happy for him to play out his days at Bendigo. 2/10.

Watson - disgusting kicking skills and turns the ball over time and time again. Too slow to pick up the opposition when he does turn it over. Borderline at this stage as his handball and ball finding ability is good. Laughed myself stupid when Fatnell ran him down last night. 4/10.

Winderlich - some good dash last night but lacks the poise and finish of a midfielder. Boderline. Has the fundamentals, just needs to produce. 4/10.

Bradley - other than when used as a loose defender early days, Kep's form has ranged from disgusting, to diabolical. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to let him roam around in the middle should remove their head from their ass. Ripper number 6 pick. 1/10. Bendigo IMMIDIATELY.

JJ - slow and unskilled. However, has supreme courage and great leadership which to an extent, makes up for it. Those who play with him walk taller when he is around. Final year for him I'd imagine. Worth playing though to help marshall the younger players in the middle. 7/10.

Heff - has got sufficient pace and skill to play effective role in the middle for us. Has awesome evasive skills when he does have the ball. Hope he can find form this year. If not, back to Bendigo and then delist. 5/10.

Dyson - good dash and showed some poise in a few games last year. I like his left boot and has the fundamentals of a decent midfielder. Should be played as often as possible this year. 5/10.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Ha ha ha. Was thinking the same thing as I wrote it. To be honest, I'm sick of writing the same crap. What else is there to write though?

I hope we do something different next game so I can write:

"Watson was brilliant. His dashing runs through the middle climaxed with bullet like passes to Lloyd, Lucas and Johns."

"Kepler was like a rock in defence. Used his height and body to great advantage and showed why he was taken at number six in the draft."

"McVeigh showed some leadership on the field."
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:Ha ha ha. Was thinking the same thing as I wrote it. To be honest, I'm sick of writing the same crap. What else is there to write though?

I hope we do something different next game so I can write:

"Watson was brilliant. His dashing runs through the middle climaxed with bullet like passes to Lloyd, Lucas and Johns."

"Kepler was like a rock in defence. Used his height and body to great advantage and showed why he was taken at number six in the draft."

"McVeigh showed some leadership on the field."
Na, I agree.....it's the same old story, what else can you write?

I think it's a bit harsh on McVeigh (in other threads), even though he lost his cool again with a decision, he still performs at a level well above anyone else. He was brilliant last season.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

f****** hell guys, it was a pre-season game.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

why dont we just delist everybody who has a bad game and doesnt play like judd week in and out.

that leaves us with hird.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gringo, pls search for my recent thread which extends your list to 14 players of dubious quality.

I will say, my list does not include JJ, Watson r McVeigh.

Truth is, we have a lot of average players. Sure, there is some potential but in the main, we need a couple of season still to weed out the crap and develop a decent bunch. Assuming of course we dont pick up any more Bradley's
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: We need to bite the bullet...

Post by Rossoneri »

My take is in the red.
gringo wrote: Pev - great stopping player who is slow and deplorable skills. No place for him in the team. Happy for him to play out his days at Bendigo. 2/10.
I would have given him 1/10

Watson - disgusting kicking skills and turns the ball over time and time again. Too slow to pick up the opposition when he does turn it over. Borderline at this stage as his handball and ball finding ability is good. Laughed myself stupid when Fatnell ran him down last night. 4/10.
We still need an in and under player who can go in and feed the ball out. Yes his kicking is poor which is why he handballs alot. I think your being harsh on him just a bit. He was rusty and will get better.

Winderlich - some good dash last night but lacks the poise and finish of a midfielder. Boderline. Has the fundamentals, just needs to produce. 4/10.
Agree

Bradley - other than when used as a loose defender early days, Kep's form has ranged from disgusting, to diabolical. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to let him roam around in the middle should remove their head from their ass. Ripper number 6 pick. 1/10. Bendigo IMMIDIATELY.
Your being to kind there, he is shithouse. No brains and no skill, nor any stamina

JJ - slow and unskilled. However, has supreme courage and great leadership which to an extent, makes up for it. Those who play with him walk taller when he is around. Final year for him I'd imagine. Worth playing though to help marshall the younger players in the middle. 7/10.
JJ is a must in the midfield, no bones about it. Need his leadership and his skills arent all that bad (then again, maybe my standards of skills have dropped)
Heff - has got sufficient pace and skill to play effective role in the middle for us. Has awesome evasive skills when he does have the ball. Hope he can find form this year. If not, back to Bendigo and then delist. 5/10.
Useless to us as Cole is.

Dyson - good dash and showed some poise in a few games last year. I like his left boot and has the fundamentals of a decent midfielder. Should be played as often as possible this year. 5/10.
Actually has some skill and pace, like to see what he can do this year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!