The bottom Line

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

The bottom Line

Post by hillchaser »

Having watched the game and read the posts etc .. I think our issues boil down two key points:

1. Our midfield(rucks included) is one of the worst going around. We can't stop opponents through the midfield and we certainly aren't potent on the attack.

2. We are often out coached.

I think there are other issues but most would disappear with a strong midfield. Even in 2000 and 2001 we would only just break even in the midfield.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

You forgot a few things:

1. Kepler Bradley is a donkey (and is already "hated" by some of our supporters aged 20).
2. Jobe is useless.
3. Sheedy is the devil re-incarnate.
4. The term "supporter" is actually a misnomer... the word actually has nothing to do with support and instead refers to ripping the absolute shit out of your team when they lose a pre-season match.

See the bombers fly up.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

crap, our best midfielder didn't play.(JJ)

neither did MJ or Campo who both add experience(whats lacking).

I am quite happy we are playing a practice match against west coast at subi next week, and excellent test and great experience for our midfielders to work hard against the best midfield group going around.

Essendon will be a better team this year.

I hope hislop/jetta get a run this time around as well.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

andrewb wrote:You forgot a few things:

1. Kepler Bradley is a donkey (and is already "hated" by some of our supporters aged 20).
2. Jobe is useless.
3. Sheedy is the devil re-incarnate.
4. The term "supporter" is actually a misnomer... the word actually has nothing to do with support and instead refers to ripping the absolute shit out of your team when they lose a pre-season match.

See the bombers fly up.
Replace "supporter" with "barracker" and you'll have the terminology right
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

1. Kepler Bradley is a donkey (and is already "hated" by some of our supporters aged 20
Kepler the person is not hated...just Kepler the player. And with good reason, he continually stuffs up. Watching him play is cringe worthy.

I dont care if he is 20, I have seen enough to know he will never be a player.

andrew, if you are so confident in KB the player, lets make a wager$....ok?

I am willing to bet anything, I have seen enough of KB to be able to make a very accurate judgement. 4th season and shown nothing(has had more than enogh opportunity).

I have only written KB off as of the last game I saw him play. He is just as bad as ever. No improvement at all. NONE.

If ppl cant see that the guy is useless then its time to get some glasses or get your head examined. Not even sismis can put a positive spin on KB.
Last edited by DC on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

andrewb wrote:3. Sheedy is the devil re-incarnate.
I knew it...... :twisted:
:D
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Agreed.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC wrote:
1. Kepler Bradley is a donkey (and is already "hated" by some of our supporters aged 20
Kepler the person is not hated...just Kepler the player. And with good reason, he continually stuffs up. Watching him play is cringe worthy.

I dont care if he is 20, I have seen enough to know he will never be a player.

andrew, if you are so confident in KB the player, lets make a wager$....ok?
I am willing to bet anything, I have seen enough of KB to be able to make a very accurate judgement. 4th season and shown nothing(has had more than enogh opportunity).

I have only written KB off as of the last game I saw him play. He is just as bad as ever. No improvement at all. NONE.

If ppl cant see that the guy is useless then its time to get some glasses or get your head examined. Not even sismis can put a positive spin on KB.
Whats the wager? After watching the replay several times I feel its time some of you guys pulled your head outta your ass's.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

So you actually think that KB will be a decent player for us?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

You know me Ross, and as I just said to you. I'm going to reserve my judgement untill my review of his game which will come tomorrow. As he seems to be the most hated bloke I am going to watch the replay focus soely on his game and then post the results on here in a new thread.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'm happy to make a wager, proceeds to the charity of your choice. But... what would the wager be? Games played? Definitely happy to bet that he'll play 150 for the bombers but that's going to take too long. This season? What's a reasonable expectation for a 20 year old KPP?
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Whats the wager? After watching the replay several times I feel its time some of you guys pulled your head outta your ass's.
You have seen the replay several times and u need to watch the game again to see how KB played?

WTF is wrong with u? Are you that blind?

What is the wager u ask? Dude, I am willing to put my house on the line, or any amount of money u want.

I would love to wager you boncer, you probably still think Henno can hold down CHB for us... :wink:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

So actually aint answered my question other then a lot of bluster. Whats your bet? Mind you I am doing a review of Bradleys game tomorrow. As for the Henno jibe *sigh* some people have narrow minded memories. Even Ross gets why I supported Henno, had nothing to do with ability.