Best players according to the Herald Sun

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Best players according to the Herald Sun

Post by gringo »

The Herald Sun has both Watson and Bradley named in our best players against St Kilda!!! Unbelievable. Do these so called football reporters actually watch the game, or just look at the stats sheet once the game has concluded? Although Watson and Bradley did one or two nice things throughout the game, by and large, we would have been better off playing the Olsen twins. Their f*** ups directly cost us a number of goals.

In my mind, Watson's best game for the EFC was his first one where he didn't get a touch and consequently, the damage he could inflict on the team was limited. Pace and skill is what the game is about through the middle. Watson has SFA of either..
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

See anything you liked during the game Gringo?

Care to post something positive for a change?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Best players according to the Herald Sun

Post by Rossoneri »

gringo wrote:The Herald Sun has both Watson and Bradley named in our best players against St Kilda!!! Unbelievable. Do these so called football reporters actually watch the game, or just look at the stats sheet once the game has concluded? Although Watson and Bradley did one or two nice things throughout the game, by and large, we would have been better off playing the Olsen twins. Their f*** ups directly cost us a number of goals.
Clearly you dont watch the game as we played Carlton, not St. Kilda.[/b]
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I enjoyed Fatnell running down Watson from behind and I also enjoyed the observations of the bloke sitting next to me who shouted out to Bradley that he was allowed to join in as well, and then compared him to a hermit crab on ecstasy.

But fair dinkum, I almost vomited and farted simultaneously when I read that. They must be joking.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:I enjoyed Fatnell running down Watson from behind and I also enjoyed the observations of the bloke sitting next to me who shouted out to Bradley that he was allowed to join in as well, and then compared him to a hermit crab on ecstasy.

But fair dinkum, I almost vomited and farted simultaneously when I read that. They must be joking.
Glad to see something made you happy
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Perhaps the Hun pundit was watching without prejudice? Most of the people on this forum probably booed when Bradley kicked that goal because his kicking technique was a bit off.

I'm somewhat concerned that the majority of this forum considers him in our worst for that game based on two or three errors, none of which were as costly as the f***-ups that our senior players made.

He did some good things, he did some bad things. Nothing different to what you'd normally expect from a 22 year old key position.

If you go looking for shit you'll probably find it.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

andrewb wrote:Perhaps the Hun pundit was watching without prejudice? Most of the people on this forum probably booed when Bradley kicked that goal because his kicking technique was a bit off.

I'm somewhat concerned that the majority of this forum considers him in our worst for that game based on two or three errors, none of which were as costly as the f***-ups that our senior players made.

He did some good things, he did some bad things. Nothing different to what you'd normally expect from a 22 year old key position.

If you go looking for shit you'll probably find it.
20 yo. :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Nothing personal to the kid, but Kepler is total shite
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Andrewb you're a breath of fresh air.

Gringo. I'd love to say you lost what respect I had for you when you hypocritcally said the HS didn't watch the game we played against THE SAINTS, as if clearly you did but I never had any for you to start with.

Nuff. Nuff.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:The Herald Sun has both Watson and Bradley named in our best players against St Kilda!!! Unbelievable. Do these so called football reporters actually watch the game, or just look at the stats sheet once the game has concluded? Although Watson and Bradley did one or two nice things throughout the game, by and large, we would have been better off playing the Olsen twins. Their f*** ups directly cost us a number of goals.

In my mind, Watson's best game for the EFC was his first one where he didn't get a touch and consequently, the damage he could inflict on the team was limited. Pace and skill is what the game is about through the middle. Watson has SFA of either..
OK, let's get fairdinkum now. You have assassinated Watson, Kepler and a few others consistently for months on end. Some of it can be validated and most of it is just obvious hatred. If you are of the belief they are the cause/reason why we are crap and why we are going to be crap while they continue to wear red and black, then I ask you this one question.....

Why don't you ever criticise those who are the reasons why they were recruited and why they keep getting selected? I haven't seen you once aim your cannon at Kevin Sheedy who is largely responsible for these guys being at the club and who keep getting a game. Let us not forget that Watson came 2nd in the Chrichton Medal, so I would also expect a bit aimed at the whole match committee. So no point aiming your weapons at the guys who just simply turn up and play the game, I want to see you shoot your load at those responsible for them being there.......
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Gringo, what have you got against this kid??

Has he banged ya missus / girlfriend?
Trent
Top Up Player

Post by Trent »

gringo wrote:I also enjoyed the observations of the bloke sitting next to me who shouted out to Bradley that he was allowed to join in as well, and then compared him to a hermit crab on ecstasy.

It might have been the same bloke ... but when Bradley was benched in the 1st Qtr an Essendon supporter near me told him to "stay off"!!! As a backman he was running out of petrol tickets before 3/4 time, so the wing is definately not for him!!! Such experiment is what the VFL is for ... and whilst it is not the reason why we are losing, it is a reason why some of our kids with potential cannot get a run in the team i.e. Nash, Dyson, Lee, etc. It's not Kepler's fault, but that is why a lot of supporters are annoyed/frustrated when it comes to Kepler.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Trent wrote:
gringo wrote:I also enjoyed the observations of the bloke sitting next to me who shouted out to Bradley that he was allowed to join in as well, and then compared him to a hermit crab on ecstasy.

It might have been the same bloke ... but when Bradley was benched in the 1st Qtr an Essendon supporter near me told him to "stay off"!!! As a backman he was running out of petrol tickets before 3/4 time, so the wing is definately not for him!!! Such experiment is what the VFL is for ... and whilst it is not the reason why we are losing, it is a reason why some of our kids with potential cannot get a run in the team i.e. Nash, Dyson, Lee, etc. It's not Kepler's fault, but that is why a lot of supporters are annoyed/frustrated when it comes to Kepler.
And as I have pointed out, their anger should be directed at the person who keeps selecting him, not Kepler himself. By all means get annoyed, but I want to see that aimed at the person responsible for him being there that causes your frustration. Or are they a little gun shy at aiming this level of criticism towards K.Sheedy?