Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Re: Skip Bin Ordered @ Tullamarine

Post by Windy Hille »

ealesy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am Wasn't there a story that us an Port Adelaide were the only clubs to have have automatic pay rises written into player's contract when the CBA was completed and the Salary Cap was increased thus creating a fairly decent war chest for us.
I’m trying to figure out what this is and what it means. I’m struggling. Are you able to elaborate??
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Brown, one more year.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

F111 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 pm Brown, one more year.
Probably not good news for Hartley as Brown will obviously play that swing man role as a depth player. Do you need Harts as well? And from reports in the Age, we are looking at May from GCS too.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 pm
F111 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 pm Brown, one more year.
Probably not good news for Hartley as Brown will obviously play that swing man role as a depth player. Do you need Harts as well? And from reports in the Age, we are looking at May from GCS too.
The interest in May has me befuddled. I thought we had more pressing needs in the midfield.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Should we worry about May’s Lack of Onfield Discipline?

He’s done some pretty stupid things if I remember correctly.

Pull me up if I’m wrong.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:02 pm Should we worry about May’s Lack of Onfield Discipline?

He’s done some pretty stupid things if I remember correctly.

Pull me up if I’m wrong.
Yeah, but how frustrated would he be in that rabble?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He was part of that Rabble!

I’ll welcome him,should he come our way,but he should be under No Illusions here,....

Perform Or Else!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 pm He was part of that Rabble!

I’ll welcome him,should he come our way,but he should be under No Illusions here,....

Perform Or Else!
Extremely talented and hard nut player. Goes in hard and is remembered for a hard hit on Stefan Martin. Has also been known to give Buddy a tough time. It's a bit of a broken corpuscles when it comes to him! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Let’s see how he goes,IF we get ‘im!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:23 pm Let’s see how he goes,IF we get ‘im!
I'm not sure we'll get him, or that he's entertaining the idea of coming here, but he is quality.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Unfortunately with the Eagles winning, we will have to wait a further week before Andrew Gaff can announce Essendon as his preferred destination over a more lucrative offer from North
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Unfortunately the Egirls Won!

Unfortunately the Filth Won!

:evil: :-& :(

Caaarrrrn Da Cubs! vingertje =D>
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 am Unfortunately the Egirls Won!

Unfortunately the Filth Won!

:evil: :-& :(

Caaarrrrn Da Cubs! vingertje =D>
You edging for the trap?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Trap?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:03 amTrap?
:oops:

And again!

Meant to say “tarp”
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Windy Hille wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 pm
ealesy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:13 am Wasn't there a story that us an Port Adelaide were the only clubs to have have automatic pay rises written into player's contract when the CBA was completed and the Salary Cap was increased thus creating a fairly decent war chest for us.
I’m trying to figure out what this is and what it means. I’m struggling. Are you able to elaborate??
What it means is that other clubs had it written into their players contracts that if the new CBA mandated a rise of say 15% in the salary cap, then their players would automatically get a 15% rise on their existing contracts.

Us and Port did not have that, thus meaning that we just got a 15% increase in the cap that was not already committed to the existing players contracts.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

ealesy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:20 pm
What it means is that other clubs had it written into their players contracts that if the new CBA mandated a rise of say 15% in the salary cap, then their players would automatically get a 15% rise on their existing contracts.

Us and Port did not have that, thus meaning that we just got a 15% increase in the cap that was not already committed to the existing players contracts.
I’m still struggling to figure out why we (and Port) were different to the other clubs?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:06 am
ealesy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:20 pm

I’m still struggling to figure out why we (and Port) were different to the other clubs?
No offence to ealesy, but if the CBA MANDATES an increase then EVERYONE gets it. Ealesy did say it was only a story.
I wouldn't get too hung up about it, salary cap stuff will be managed by the club, and what will be will be. If we can afford someone, or if we can't, so be it.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Apparently Luey and Baguley have been put in the hallway for a decision on whether to bin or offer new contract after any new furniture is brought in during trade week. (Source Herald-Sun)

Would have thought its a bit rough on Baguley
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:37 pm Apparently Luey and Baguley have been put in the hallway for a decision on whether to bin or offer new contract after any new furniture is brought in during trade week. (Source Herald-Sun)

Would have thought its a bit rough on Baguley
What’s the hesitation on Leuenberger? Absolute dead wood.

Baguley should get another year.
Essendunny