Oh Bradley!!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sol
Top Up Player

Oh Bradley!!!!

Post by Sol »

Bradley is lost!!!

How about the time he was 1 on 1 with Eddie Betts with the perfect overhead pass to his advantage and he coughed it up under pressure from a bloke 1 foot shorter than him. Just typified his uselessness. DISCRACE!!!!

I don’t think there was any danger of Bradley doing anything right, he looks to be the worst AFL footballer I have seen ever!! Because the only thing worse than someone who doest get a touch, is someone who does but stuffs it every bloody time.

I had high hopes for him after his first season, he seemed to play with confidence and purpose. Now in his 4th he just hasnt got a clue. He should earn his strip at Bendigo and not even get a looking in the seniors until he starts dominating and playing with confidence and purpose down there.

Hate to give up on young players, but we have seen this at Essendon too many times before, young talls who cant cut it being given more opportunity to develope than they deserve instead of being forced to earn senior matches through performances.

Another Henno im afraid, but at least Henno can blame injuries.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Give it up will you

There's enough threads putting crap on Bradley already.

There were quite a few other players who did poorly on Saturday night at crucial times. Why not make a special thread for them as well?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Without having seen the game.... I'll attempt to answer your question, swoodley.

The answer may lie in the fact that Bradley is, and will most likely always be, a very poor footballer. He doesn't have skills. He doesn't have smarts. He doesn't have courage. That doesn't leave too much. He does have height, but no speed. He can at times take a decent grab, but can't dispose of the ball effectively.

Bradley is just another in a string of players that we persist with over extended periods that continually put in porr performances, yet continue to get games. Understandably, it's not Bradley's fault that he continues to get games, even though he's not a footballer's bootlace.

The frustration for fans is that we keep seeing the same thing over and over, hoping that one of them will come off. Unfortunately, that has been part of the massive decline in the superiority of our club in the last five years. Hence, Bradley (the cause of our frustration) keeps copping flack.

No skill, no speed, no smarts... plenty of hype. It all equates to oodles of threads all saying the same thing. Bradley needs to either lift his game (and warrant his selection) or he needs to be cut. Only he can lift his game, but it's up to the selection committee to cut him.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Can i get a clarification on what the rules are for abusing other posters on this forum?
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I said this last season and I still stand by it, even more so now...I reckon you can put most of his problems down to the coach.

As sure as the day is long, so help me Christ Sheedy has destroyed this kid. Persistently and pig headedly playing him on all the biggest monsters in the AFL like Brown and Richardson et al. when he was clearly so far out off his depth that it wasn't funny. I remember the Richmond game late in the season last year, Bradley looking despairingly up at the coaches box emploring to be shifted off Richo who was absolutely murdering him... but No!! the master coach decided otherwise, obviouslly too intent on tanking games by that stage of the season.

IMO Sheedy should take a good long hard look in the mirror over the way this kid has been handled. The boy has clearly lost all confidence and I know I've been guilty of this myself in the past but I think it's high time we cut him a bit of slack and turned our vitriol onto the person ultimately responsible for the way he is currently performing.

I've said this on another post I know, but I think it's worth repeating ...Sheedy is beginning to remind me of the Rodent...full of Bull... and well past his use by date.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Sismis wrote:Can i get a clarification on what the rules are for abusing other posters on this forum?
Anything deemed 'over the top' will be looked at and dealt with.

And i'm sure you know what that means Sismis :wink:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Oh FFS. How many threads do we need from you one eyed, whinging sad cases? He played, he wasn't the only one to f*** up out there on the night, get over it. If you have issues go have it out with the panel who pick the players. Or at very least go join in on one of the other threads full of whinging little bitches like yourself.

Were you one of those sooky little princesses who wanted Lucas dropped too?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sorry Megs, even at his lowest Scotty was 10 times the player than Kep is showing us at the moment

Not his fault of course, but Keps is struggling to keep his place
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Yes Megan,

While KB was not alone in his poor performance, its his continual poor performances that see him get bagged over and over again.

He has only ever played 1 good game...and that was as a loose man in defence against Melbourne.

nuff said
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Oh am I gonna cop it. I've finished my review of Bradley on saturday night. Interesting little findings will post the results later when I have more then 10 minutes.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

boncer34 wrote:Oh am I gonna cop it. I've finished my review of Bradley on saturday night. Interesting little findings will post the results later when I have more then 10 minutes.
Sounds interesting...I look forward to reading it
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Megan wrote:Oh FFS. How many threads do we need from you one eyed, whinging sad cases? He played, he wasn't the only one to f*** up out there on the night, get over it. If you have issues go have it out with the panel who pick the players. Or at very least go join in on one of the other threads full of whinging little bitches like yourself.

Im actually none of the above thanks Megan, but I'd suggest you take a long hard look at your own attitude and stop being a keyboard warrior. My opinion is valid and supported thanks and was not a personal attack on Bradley but a question of his footballing ability.

Your attempt to belittle and abuse my character did nothing but deminish your own standing as an intelligent and unbiased person. An impression I had held of you until now and one that is easier to lose than to earn.

Whilst I dont blame Bradley completely, the fact that is his inclusion in the side for the last two years and now rd 1 of 2007 NAB cup is unwarrented, he has shown nothing, not even a glimps of good form and ability to help our team advance and win some games. Clearly he lacks confidence and can play better, but at this stage he is a liability to the team nevertheless.

And whilst I agree he was not the only player to f*** up, I can tell you that he was the only player who couldnt do anything right, NOTHING!! not even behind the play! I was there and everyone in my sectioned cringed everytime he was near the ball. it was truly horrible and I feel sorry for him being embaressed like that week after week.

I'll admit I was on the drop Lucus bandwagon when his form was bad and and still stand by my oppinion that he should have played himself into form in the 2's. But Lucus had shown already what he could do, so at no stage did I feel he will never make it at AFL level, only that he needed to be played into form. I was not one of those calling for the axe or supporting a trade.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sol wrote:
Megan wrote:Oh FFS. How many threads do we need from you one eyed, whinging sad cases? He played, he wasn't the only one to f*** up out there on the night, get over it. If you have issues go have it out with the panel who pick the players. Or at very least go join in on one of the other threads full of whinging little bitches like yourself.

Im actually none of the above thanks Megan, but I'd suggest you take a long hard look at your own attitude and stop being a keyboard warrior. My opinion is valid and supported thanks and was not a personal attack on Bradley but a question of his footballing ability.

Your attempt to belittle and abuse my character did nothing but deminish your own standing as an intelligent and unbiased person. An impression I had held of you until now and one that is easier to lose than to earn.

Whilst I dont blame Bradley completely, the fact that is his inclusion in the side for the last two years and now rd 1 of 2007 NAB cup is unwarrented, he has shown nothing, not even a glimps of good form and ability to help our team advance and win some games. Clearly he lacks confidence and can play better, but at this stage he is a liability to the team nevertheless.

And whilst I agree he was not the only player to f*** up, I can tell you that he was the only player who couldnt do anything right, NOTHING!! not even behind the play! I was there and everyone in my sectioned cringed everytime he was near the ball. it was truly horrible and I feel sorry for him being embaressed like that week after week.

I'll admit I was on the drop Lucus bandwagon when his form was bad and and still stand by my oppinion that he should have played himself into form in the 2's. But Lucus had shown already what he could do, so at no stage did I feel he will never make it at AFL level, only that he needed to be played into form. I was not one of those calling for the axe or supporting a trade.
Nothing right at all...what about his goal in the first quarter after several others including Lucas had missed from set shots.

And the reason he played might have something to do with the coaching staff seeing how he had trained and wanting to see how he would go performing a specific task.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

swoodley wrote:
And the reason he played might have something to do with the coaching staff seeing how he had trained and wanting to see how he would go performing a specific task.
That might wash if the same thing hadn't happened all of last season. The reason he played has everything to do with the coaching staff.... but I doubt it has anything to do with seeing how he'll go performing a specific task.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Boyler_Room wrote:
swoodley wrote:
That might wash if the same thing hadn't happened all of last season. The reason he played has everything to do with the coaching staff.... but I doubt it has anything to do with seeing how he'll go performing a specific task.
Seeing as how he spent most of last season playing on the backline and this year the coaching staff have talked about playing him on a wing, I would think that my original point is quite valid.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

He was tried on the wing last season. Bare in mind I didn't get to see the game this week.

I just don't think we can carry passengers, and as far as I'm concerned he's a passenger. I admit that it's not his fault he keeps getting selected.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Pshaw, after putting up with bluey for so long and being gagged by all and sundry due to the "You're a mod, you're supposed to set the example" argument you'll have to excuse me if I enjoy actually being able to have an opinion for a change. This does not make me a keyboard warrior, but someone whose sick to f****** death of hearing people whinge about the players.

As it's stated - who kicked our opening goal? I recollect it was Keps. And I also disagree that he's never shown any form over the last two years... perhaps an exaggeration.

And I've done as you suggested and taken a long hard look at my attitude. And yep, I have no probs with it.

(FTR sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at you exclusively, but at the general whole who need to start a zillion threads every week to say the same thing. If you all bitched in one thread I'd just avoid it ;))
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

I only tuned in half way through the third quarter Saturday night and it looked like alot of these blokes had spent little time with the ball in there hands over summer. How one bloke can be singled out for a shit game is beyond me...

I would like to see him given a go on the wing (his only game he played there last year was well above average) at least for the rest of the practice matches. He played well there for West Perth before being drafted, before sheeds thought he could mould him into something his not, so give him a crack there for the pre season.

The little bit I saw I honestly thought that he looked to have more confidence, one stage there he was caught yet still had the peice of mind to keep his feet and get a kick out (which hit one of our players on the chest).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

f***!

I'm not defending Bradley, nor am I crucifying him. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion of a player. I've had my opinions over certain players and posted them accordingly. But it all comes down to this........if you are of the opinion that this guy has played 2 or more seasons of rubbish, and you are of the opinion that HE is the reason why the whole team is crap, and cannot believe how he keeps getting a game, then there is one person your anger should be directed.....

He da man;

Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Benny you're getting this real "Blame Sheeds" thing going on aren't you ;)

I have a theory - no one person, whether he be player, coach, official or bootstudder can be blamed for an entire team playing like shite. It's usually a collective effort, and if I'm not wrong there aren't too many decisions made in a footy club by one induvidual these days?