Vale the Mayor of Fumbledon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Vale the Mayor of Fumbledon

Post by Windy_Hill »

In all the fuss over Dylan Shiel, we should take a moment to reflect on the great career of Trav Colyer who ends up costing Freo more than Tom Scully took to go to Dorkthorn.

Thanks for your service Trav

Underground, overground, fumbling free
The King of the Fumbles for pick 93
He goes with our blessings and uncontrollable glee
The Mayor of Fumbledon that's Trav to a T

Good luck buddy, please leave the Number 32 washed, pressed and folded on the table by the exit door
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Vale the Mayor of Fumbledon

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha :lol: =D>

We just traded out about 30% of our clangers. =D>

Scully to Hawks for 4th rounder
Colyer to Freo for 4th rounder

LOL
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

OK, I'm sure I'll get canned for this, but.....
Really? You don't think you could say something nice, or just nothing at all (guess your mum didn't teach you that saying) about him being traded out of the Club?
Everyone has had their fun criticising his deficiencies for a while, but he deserves to be thanked for his services to the club, and be recognised that of the people who know and value players i.e. the coaches and selection panel, that he's been a valued player at EFC.
I'm disappointed he's leaving us, he's been very good at his best. Best wishes for your future Trav.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Nah, nothing good to say. Part of the reason why we’ve been so shit for so long. Good riddance. About time.

It makes me sick that some can bag the shit out of Goddard (who gave us damn good service), yet applaud this fraud. :roll:
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

You'll like this Benny.

I quickly checked to see if 'Fumbles' had met the prerequisite 100 game total - in order for any future 'father-sons' to play for the club.....As we all know he'll never punch out a 100 games for another AFL club beyond this point.

In a twist of irony - he's played 87 games.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:56 pm You'll like this Benny.

I quickly checked to see if 'Fumbles' had met the prerequisite 100 game total - in order for any future 'father-sons' to play for the club.....As we all know he'll never punch out a 100 games for another AFL club beyond this point.

In a twist of irony - he's played 87 games.
Thank goodness for small mercies!
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm OK, I'm sure I'll get canned for this, but.....
Really? You don't think you could say something nice, or just nothing at all (guess your mum didn't teach you that saying) about him being traded out of the Club?
Everyone has had their fun criticising his deficiencies for a while, but he deserves to be thanked for his services to the club, and be recognised that of the people who know and value players i.e. the coaches and selection panel, that he's been a valued player at EFC.
I'm disappointed he's leaving us, he's been very good at his best. Best wishes for your future Trav.

Look, I am sure he’s a great guy and clubman etc etc. I can only comment on his football and being perfectly honest and not blowing smoke up the guy’s arse, he was very average for a long time. Just think about it, when a club delists a player or trades them away for a fart, what do you think their reasoning is? It’s simple, they don’t rate him good enough to keep around any longer. All I am saying is that Trav was not good enough to keep on the list. He lacks the basic skills to be an effective AFL footballer. Having said that, he was well rewarded for 10 years service and will continue to be so at Freo. Long May the Lord of Fumbles Fumble.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:53 pm Haha :lol: =D>

LOL
We won on that trade
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:53 pm Haha :lol: =D>

LOL
We won on that trade
Absolutely
Essendunny
patoman
On the Rookie List

Post by patoman »

At his best Trav was a decent player... super quick, he had genuine line breaking pace and handy in front of goals... unfortunately as I think we can all agree we didn’t see enough of his best and over the last two years especially he seemed to go backwards with poor decision making and poor disposal. Wish him all the best at Freo and hope it works out for him... who gets the number 32 now??
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Was it 2014 or 2015 when he played absolutely brilliant football for about the first 11 weeks of the season (clean with the ball, good disposal, used his pace to advantage) then busted his foot and missed the rest of the season.

That was the best football he played for us.

Goodbye Trav, all the best at Freo
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Had one really good season, had 12 months off, foot problems and wasn’t the same.
A reset at Freeo May help with a full pre season under his belt. Good luck, but not sad to see him go.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

I think he tried his best. Unfortunately, his best just wasn’t up to it lately. Looked good in stages of his first 50 games. But just never progressed.

Young players like Clarke and Mutch would be better options going forward. Maybe they could use the pick to get Nick Hind on the list? Definite upgrade.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Colyer had some excellent moments. He'd have a scintillating highlights package =D> , albeit not too long :wink: He was the one post Lovett that streamed thru the centre with great pace and the crowd loved it.

I liked watching him. Good luck, though when we play Freo I wanna see fumblemania! :D
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

In the late 90s it was Port who used to poach our players...Wanganeen, Cookatoo-Collins, Kingsley, Hardwick etc.

It has well and truly shifted to Freo now with Kepler Bradley, Solly, Mark Johnson, Gumbleton, Coyler
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 pm In the late 90s it was Port who used to poach our players...Wanganeen, Cookatoo-Collins, Kingsley, Hardwick etc.

It has well and truly shifted to Freo now with Kepler Bradley, Solly, Mark Johnson, Gumbleton, Coyler
Don't forget Ridley and Co back in the 90's (who were the others) for which we got their priority draft pick that landed us Matty Lloyd

Honestly, that deal today would be like us giving them Colyer and getting Nat Fyfe in return
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:19 pm
ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 pm In the late 90s it was Port who used to poach our players...Wanganeen, Cookatoo-Collins, Kingsley, Hardwick etc.

Don't forget Ridley and Co back in the 90's (who were the others) for which we got their priority draft pick that landed us Matty Lloyd

Honestly, that deal today would be like us giving them Colyer and getting Nat Fyfe in return
Todd Ridley, Dale Kickett, Russell Williams and Tony Delaney. We also got Scott Lucas with that deal.

FREO
Todd Ridley 21 games 16 goals
Dale Kickett 135 games 24 goals
Russell Williams 0 games 0 goals
Tony Delaney 28 games 16 goals

Total: 184 games 56 goals

BOMBERS
Mathew Lloyd 270 games 926 goals
Scott Lucas 270 games 471 goals

Total: 540 games 1397 goals
Last edited by BenDoolan on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:54 am Was it 2014 or 2015 when he played absolutely brilliant football for about the first 11 weeks of the season (clean with the ball, good disposal, used his pace to advantage) then busted his foot and missed the rest of the season.

That was the best football he played for us.

Goodbye Trav, all the best at Freo
He was probably our best player in the first half of the 2014 Elimination Final. Then he went to sleep - just like the rest of the team (I still have vision of Goldstein running past Stanton to the ball)

He was going along pretty well in 2015 before injury.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 pm In all the fuss over Dylan Shiel, we should take a moment to reflect on the great career of Trav Colyer who ends up costing Freo more than Tom Scully took to go to Dorkthorn.

Good luck buddy, please leave the Number 32 washed, pressed and folded on the table by the exit door
Can we draft Orinocho the Wimbledon? :lol:

In all seriousness,thanks Travis for your time.Good luck on your career at Freo,but under Lyon,.....
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 pm In all the fuss over Dylan Shiel, we should take a moment to reflect on the great career of Trav Colyer who ends up costing Freo more than Tom Scully took to go to Dorkthorn.

Can we draft Orinocho the Wimbledon? :lol:
At last someone picked up on it - well done Grassy