Who's on modified training?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 am

Daniher-calf
Mutch - ankle...edit: maybe better?
Begley - knee
Redman - ankle
Gleeson - ankle
Cale Hooker - hamstring

Anyone else?
Last edited by F111 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by nudder12 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 pm

What's going on with Mutch?
He did his ankle a while back, but he played in VFL against Geelong last week.
So has he re-injured it?

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Gleeson & Redman back to VFL this week. =D>

Daniher calf
Hooker calf
Begley knee
Dea knee
Mutch ?

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Gleeson & Redman played VFL-progressing =D>

Stringer..sore foot. shouldn't miss
Long. AC subluxed. 1-2 weeks
Daniher calf..started running
Hooker calf..started training
Begley knee..group training ...? 2 weeks to return
Dea knee

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Daniher calf-2 more weeks
Hooker calf- 1 more week [-o<
Dea knee-test.
Mutch-?
Laverde-ankle-dunno
Mynot-hip-test
BZT-ankle- 2 weeks
Long-shoulder-test
Begley knee-vfl this week vingertje
Stringer-heel-ok =D>
McGrath-winded-ok. =D>

nudder12
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by nudder12 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:56 pm

F111 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 pm
Daniher calf-2 more weeks
Hooker calf- 1 more week [-o<
Dea knee-test.
Mutch-?
Laverde-ankle-dunno
Mynot-hip-test
BZT-ankle- 2 weeks
Long-shoulder-test
Begley knee-vfl this week vingertje
Stringer-heel-ok =D>
McGrath-winded-ok. =D>
Mutch is fine apparently - selected for AFL this week.
Frustrating that they'd never mentioned him in the injury reports though.
Laverde - seems he might miss 2
Also good that apparently Gleeson is now up to full game-time, so a VFL match this week and let's see how he goes. Though TBH it's hard to see who he'd replace in the AFL side - presuming Hooker replaces Ambrose next week. Maybe McKenna depending on his form??
We seem to have plenty of defensive and tall backup, but barely any mids or forwards - sigh.

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Daniher calf-1 more week
Hooker calf- maybe available [-o<
Dea knee-maybe available vfl.
Laverde-ankle-dunno
Mynot-hip-test
BZT-ankle- 1 week
Long-shoulder-test
Begley knee-vfl this week vingertje

Add
Mutch hammie...a bad one #-o
Smack hammie... not good, not as bad as Mutch
Francis hip cork

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Scans have today revealed McKernan is likely to miss between 6-7 weeks with the injury, while Mutch is likely to miss up to 10-12 weeks.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25190
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by BenDoolan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 pm

F111 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 pm
Scans have today revealed McKernan is likely to miss between 6-7 weeks with the injury, while Mutch is likely to miss up to 10-12 weeks.
Didn’t Smack destroy his hammy last season? Is it the same one?? If so, then it must be chronic problem
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
Windy Hille
High Draft Pick
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by Windy Hille » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am

What’s wrong with Myers?

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25190
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:08 am

Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am
What’s wrong with Myers?
A chronic case of uselessness.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 7819
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by grassy1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:30 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:08 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am
What’s wrong with Myers?
A chronic case of uselessness.
Now,now Benny.Don’t rub it in! :wink:

He might be more than usefull to the Red and Blacks over here,after we belted the eagle reserves yesterday. vingertje

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by hop » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:06 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:08 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am
What’s wrong with Myers?
A chronic case of uselessness.
A good bloke though and a life-member!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

desmondo
High Draft Pick
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by desmondo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:05 pm

hop wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:06 pm
BenDoolan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:08 am
Windy Hille wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:44 am
What’s wrong with Myers?
A chronic case of uselessness.
A good bloke though and a life-member!
Now if only he could learn to kick it to a forwards advantage instead of just bombing it in ALL the fkng time...no good having a super-boot if you can`t use it to the teams advantage.

User avatar
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 11816
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by Windy_Hill » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:23 pm

McKernan without the injuries may well have been a bloody good AFL player over a long time

Unfortunately he seems to be consigned to the odd cameo performance. A damn shame

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Hooker off mod training...ready for game day. vingertje =D>
Cale Hooker is on track to be available for selection to take on Brisbane this week after overcoming a calf injury.
Daniher ...not this weekend, but the weekend after.
Stewart will not be available to return to the senior side after suffering an unfortunate groin injury... on Sunday.
Marty Gleeson full fitness
Matt Dea (knee) is expected to train fully on Wednesday and be available for selection.
Jake Long (shoulder) will need to tick some more boxes before his return.
Jayden Laverde and Brandon Zerk-Thatcher – ankle injuries ... hope of a return for the VFL Bombers’ next match on April 20.

User avatar
hop
Club Captain
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Napier Street

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by hop » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am

Back in the day a bloke did his hammy and it was 3 weeks - and ready to go.

Mutch and Smack are looking at 6-12 weeks :shock:

Thank God for modern medical science!

"We will be taking a conservative approach from which there will be lots of learnings"
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.

User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 25190
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 pm

hop wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am
Back in the day a bloke did his hammy and it was 3 weeks - and ready to go.

Mutch and Smack are looking at 6-12 weeks :shock:

Thank God for modern medical science!

"We will be taking a conservative approach from which there will be lots of learnings"
Agree with this. Players used to rip their hammies and be back within a month. No shit. If I could find evidence of old injury reports I would paste them in here.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

User avatar
s'dreams
Club Captain
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:48 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by s'dreams » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:14 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 pm
hop wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am
Back in the day a bloke did his hammy and it was 3 weeks - and ready to go.

Mutch and Smack are looking at 6-12 weeks :shock:

Thank God for modern medical science!

"We will be taking a conservative approach from which there will be lots of learnings"
Agree with this. Players used to rip their hammies and be back within a month. No shit. If I could find evidence of old injury reports I would paste them in here.
Well as long as you are giving us lots of "informations" to go with their "lots of learnings" it should be okes-dokes then.

(sometimes I just despair)
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)

User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15270
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Who's on modified training?

Post by F111 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Essendon has placed Kobe Mutch on the long-term injury list after the midfielder suffered a high-grade hamstring strain earlier this month.

The 21-year-old will be sidelined as he recovers from the injury he sustained in the Bombers’ round three clash with Melbourne at the MCG.

Defender Ben McNiece has now been elevated to the club’s senior list.

Post Reply