Dean Solomon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Dean Solomon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Suffer in ya jocks, Freo. Absolute liability.

Reported today and concedes a 50m penalty 30 seonds after being reported. Changed man my arse.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha, I logged in to post the exact same thing! Makes his demand for a 2 year contract all the more ridiculous. Grow up sunshine!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Saw the down field free kick he gave away. Soft call by the ump but silly by Solomon for doing it. I could see it happening a mile away as well and thought the exact same thing, he hasnt changed.

Didnt see the report but im sure he has carry over points from his time at Essendon. As we play them in round 2 and Freo now out of the cup, he may miss the Essendon game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Didnt see the report but im sure he has carry over points from his time at Essendon. As we play them in round 2 and Freo now out of the cup, he may miss the Essendon game.
Usual sort of Solomon shit: 5 metres off the ball, raised elbow/shoulder and got a bloke that wasn't looking. I'd be very surprised if he was available to play us in round 2.

Oh, and in case you're wondering who was on the receiving end, it was the huge, vicious, man-mountain, Mr Universe.......Brent Harvey.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was actually a little concerned that we would miss Solly this year... after todays game i say good riddance to him and a big thanks you to the Dockers for giving us two quality draft picks for him... it was same old undisciplined Solly today the only difference was he was in a white jumper.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

escaped with a reprimand.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Hahahah suck arse freo :D
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Fremantle's Costly Loss to the Kanagaroos

Post by 2QIK4U »

Looks like the loss to the Kangas was only half the issues. Farmer has been given 6 for eye-gouging and Johnson has got 4 for a high bump. Talk about a player who cant change - eye-gouging is a serious offence. I personally think he is an arrogant prick that deserve what he gets.

http://prod.www.afl.cfour.com.au/Season ... wsId=38702
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:escaped with a reprimand.
Really? Bloody hell, i and the commentators were certain it would've got weeks.

Farmer = dirty dog. Hope he gets the six weeks.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Solomon is definitely undisciplined, but gets nowhere near the same amount of slack that most players get cut to them by the umpires. He should've realised this himself a few years ago. He's earned himself a rep and that was the main reason I wasn't sad to see him go.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:escaped with a reprimand.
Interesting!......if he were still wearing red & black, that wouldn't be the case.....guaran f****** teed!
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

How can a elbow to the head get a reprimand? :shock:
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Filthy wrote:How can a elbow to the head get a reprimand? :shock:

Dean Solomon, Fremantle, has been charged with striking Brent Harvey, the Kangaroos, during the fourth quarter of the Round Two NAB Cup match between Fremantle and the Kangaroos, played at Telstra Dome on Sunday March 4, 2007.

In summary, he has an existing five-year good record and is able to accept a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, which relates to a Level Two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record.

Can't help thinking if he had worn the red and black he would have received 4 weeks.
Red and Black Forever
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

This is a joke how can he get off with a reprimand but the other two almost identical incidents are treated differently?

Typical AFL bs IMO!!!!

Those that have mentioned that Solly would have been treated a lot harsher if he were still in the red and black... SPOT ON!!
Trent
Top Up Player

Post by Trent »

It's true, but who cares ... I would rather him be available for Round 2. And then we might be on the good end of some of his undiscipline for a change!!!
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

I guess the good thing for Solly though is that he will be playing in September and no player at Essendon will be!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberflyer wrote:I guess the good thing for Solly though is that he will be playing in September and no player at Essendon will be!!!
Is that guaranteed?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Oh! Gee! Bomberflyer has really put us in our place.

Thank-you oh wise one.

If only we realised that our team is shit and Freo are great, there really wouldn't be any need to have a BOMBER SUPPORTERS WEBSITE!

After all - Fremantle's record in the competition has been second to none!
Yep - they're the only team that's won none!

Still - clearly this year will be theirs and Dean Solomon and Taz will surely be leading the charge! This nonsense about them bleeding a pack of footballing spastics as their careers move into Superannuation mode is patently nonsense!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bomberflyer wrote:I guess the good thing for Solly though is that he will be playing in September and no player at Essendon will be!!!
Freo are very likely to be September participants, but Solomon is no certainty to be part of that. Dean Solomon c. 2003-2004 would be a walk-up starter, but Dean Solomon c. 2007 is definitely not guaranteed a spot in a possible top 4 team.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I'm glad Solly got off. The game needs its hard nuts on the field at this day and age of soft free kicks and questionable new rules. Give it another season or two and they won't be needed anymore.

Admit it guys, we all used to love Solly's crash and bash style. Sure he did some stupid things and gave away more than his fair share of frees, but it's part of how he plays.

I hope he has a good year, as long as Freo don't... :wink: