Round 5 v Northern Tin Rattlers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 5 v Northern Tin Rattlers

Post by s'dreams »

DC2 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 pm how is zaharakis is still getting a game is beyond me. he does pretty much nothing noteworthy. hes just simply not dangerous in any area of the game. has no impact whatsoever.

laverde is horrible too. funny thing is he wanted out at the end of last season but no clubs were interested. cant see that changing this year either. lets hope we dont re-sign this guy like we always seem to do with players like this. nothing personal, hes just not up to it.
He just doesn't work hard enough. I would have though that he would be busting a gut to impress recruiters.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

DC2 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 pm how is zaharakis is still getting a game is beyond me. he does pretty much nothing noteworthy. hes just simply not dangerous in any area of the game. has no impact whatsoever.

laverde is horrible too. funny thing is he wanted out at the end of last season but no clubs were interested. cant see that changing this year either. lets hope we dont re-sign this guy like we always seem to do with players like this. nothing personal, hes just not up to it.
He is being trained for a new role. No one knows what it is yet? So how can we criticise someone for doing nothing, when they are in training and still doing nothing? How long will it take to know if he's doing it well or he has failed?
Let us know when you know, o.k.? Thanks Zacca.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

mdso wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am

He is being trained for a new role. No one knows what it is yet? So how can we criticise someone for doing nothing, when they are in training and still doing nothing? How long will it take to know if he's doing it well or he has failed?
Runner
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rover99 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:15 am
mdso wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am

Runner

That implies running is involved....I think it’s more likely point post
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

This is difficult to watch.

Shiel likely out next week.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

GREAT win......I am sooo f****** annoyed at the presser after the game interviewing Zaccha and asking him if "Our Clubs 'arrogance' contributed to our slow start to this match" Poor Zac did not get drawn in...f*** YOU! WE AS A CLUB/TEAM/SUPPORTERS have been through hell, not for a season nor 5 years but near on a Century...No wonder Conner wants to go back home. What ARROGANCE can we have? Its great when we are down but already, when we appear to rise up...we will be cheats all over again.
Image]
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I’d rather listen to a riveting( :shock: )Wayne Bennett presser,than what the so called accredited AWFULL Media have to ask,Megan.

As for our boys,certainly satisfied with the work rate,resulting in the 4 Wins so far!

Still a bit of work to do,but hey!

4 - 1 so far!Good stuff fellas!You too Coach! =D>

Keep it going!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I’m liking our new style or ‘system’ as they say. Pressure aplenty. This is the Truck and Cara show. Woosha is just there to do pressers.

Zaharakis decides to get involved in 2020. Played well tonight. Very well.

How good Ridley!? He’s going to be a ripping defender for a long time.

Saad and his pressure acts. Brilliant.

McGrath busts his guts at every contest. While I still think he rushes too much, his work ethic is top notch.

Parish is really polished. Does lots of good work with composure and creativity.

Shiel might be in a bit of strife. Probs get a week.

Braised Ham goes alright. I like his work ethic and dare. Could be a player.

Snello doing some good things too.

Razz is defence? Hmmm. Did well tonight. But surely this isn’t going to be the norm?
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Pretty good effort tonight.
I know Norf had their own accuracy problems, but surely if we'd kicked a few of the goals we should have, it would have been a comfortable win.
Good team effort, everyone chipped in. Except maybe McKernan. If he wasn't giving frees away, he was standing there appealing for one.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Unfortunately couldn't see it. Like the way we came back. Did we look comfortable at Metricon? And can someone explain to me what Raz was doing back there and if it's going to be part of our new plan?
Also anyone know if Stewart came up with the team?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:38 am Pretty good effort tonight.
I know Norf had their own accuracy problems, but surely if we'd kicked a few of the goals we should have, it would have been a comfortable win.
Good team effort, everyone chipped in. Except maybe McKernan. If he wasn't giving frees away, he was standing there appealing for one.
Smack was abysmal last night. Admittedly, not the conditions for him, but he was a negative influence that’s for sure.
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Conditions were difficult for anyone to handle. Lots of fumbling, slipping over, inaccuracy etc

Was very impressed with Ham’s game. Thought he showed lots of grunt and dash. Langers was excellent too. Showing a lot of maturity and confidence.

Great to see Irish back. It’ll be a shame if he heads back home. He has a lot to offer AFL. Very good player.

The defensive unit is terrific. Hurls and Hooker are generals down there. Saady is a sassy sweeper. Brilliant.

Snelling (who reminds me of DeGoey) is getting better with every game. Always at the contest and always creating something. He’s a great foil around Walla.

Very impressed with our win.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

Windy Hille wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:06 am Conditions were difficult for anyone to handle. Lots of fumbling, slipping over, inaccuracy etc

Was very impressed with Ham’s game. Thought he showed lots of grunt and dash. Langers was excellent too. Showing a lot of maturity and confidence.

Great to see Irish back. It’ll be a shame if he heads back home. He has a lot to offer AFL. Very good player.

The defensive unit is terrific. Hurls and Hooker are generals down there. Saady is a sassy sweeper. Brilliant.

Snelling (who reminds me of DeGoey) is getting better with every game. Always at the contest and always creating something. He’s a great foil around Walla.

Very impressed with our win.
Thanks for that Windy Hille. Has been a lot of coastal rain blowing in lately so expect slippery ground for the rest of winter. Heavy rain forecast tonight. At least I'll get to see Friday's game and that will be quite a test if we lose Shiel. However I don't believe we will. He should blame it on the slippery conditions :D
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Forward line is starting to get some good structure! not just bombing into the 50 all night. Still not quite tall enough, fingers crossed for Daniher and even Stewart a possibility!

Backline is awesome but I fear they still need some protection from the mids, Im not sure of the inside 50 count to our opposition but it feels like they get it in there a lot.

Did anyone see the Rohan hit? is Shiel's worse?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Compare Shiels to Cotchin on Shiel. What did Cotchin get for that bump? Remember ;)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:36 pm Compare Shiels to Cotchin on Shiel. What did Cotchin get for that bump? Remember ;)

But Shiel has the ball in that image. Shiel chose to go past the ball and bump the Norf chump.
Essendunny
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I’m really impressed these past few weeks. The intensity has been there and they’re helping protect the ball carrier. Fwd pressure has really improved and Phillips in the ruck is the standout for me. He just has a go and is relishing his chance. He has been the difference imo these past 2 weeks and there’s no telling how we would have fared with Belly in the ruck in those games against Super quality ruckmen.

All the new recruits show a really positive body language and it’s infectious to the older brigade.
Keep it up!
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

%%$#@@##$$%$'s 2 game suspension for Shiel!!!! We must have the bastards rattled :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Rover99 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yep,we certainly do Rover.

Looked soft to me at several glances.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Corruption going well doen at AFL house, if Shiel was wearing Geelong or Richmond jumper he would have gotten off, simple as that!

C'mon Carlton smash the doggies! only cause Brad Johnson is a complete flog!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals