Round 5 v Northern Tin Rattlers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 5 v Northern Tin Rattlers

Post by grassy1 »

Whether he is or not Jazz(and I’ll take on board your opinion of him),I’d sooner the Scum got Done tonight!

Don’t want them getting any ideas! :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Two outstanding efforts really caught my eye.

Phillips had the same number of hitouts as Goldy, with effective hitouts 7 to 8 in Goldy's favour. Goldy beat him around the ground, but that is not the reason he is in the team.
Andy has more than held his own against two of the top AFL ruckmen in the past fortnight.

Hooker demolition of "the Vertical Dunnybrush" was outstanding. I know the Snowflake is struggling at the moment, but in the past it was these types of games where the Benevolent Bombers would help a struggling player back into form!! Let's hope those days are over.

One gripe. I cannot understand how skinny Gleeson gets a game ahead of Redmond. On at least 2 occasions, he was cast aside liike a 14 year old school kid. He will cost us a game if they keep playing him.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I have to admit Zacka played very well and surprised me. I hope he is able to maintain it. Dylan gets done for two games and is scrubbed from the Brownlow this year.

Interesting how no cause and effect is taken into consideration by the Tribunal. Meaning the conditions when the ground is wet and greasy. Obviously, the players have less control over their movements. Does the AFL or any of the Clubs mention it to the players and suggest they take more care, remember OHS. NO, they don't. The players are actually are told to hunt the ball and are expected to play to win, therefore the player with the ball becomes the hunted. I'm sure most of the players playing do not go out with the intention of hurting or injuring another player but; they do go out every game, with the intention of depriving and impeding the opposition from getting the ball. So INTENT does play a role. The AFL has said numerous times the umpires are unbiased. That's just crap!

The AFL have so much evidence now, however they fail to utilise it. Is it possible that those adjudicating could be biased towards some teams and/or players. Absolutely. Why do I say this with conviction? Looking at the evidence of previous bumps by Trent Cotchin, Peter Burgoyne and others, where NO penalty was applied and should have been.

I don't want to be a killjoy but I feel that Essendon will not turn it around until the last player still playing from the saga is gone. I wonder if ten years will be enough for some people???
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Nope!

I reckon not mdso.

And it’s got me beat why the MRP/Tribunal won’t revisit the case,given what North said about their player bumped by Dylan.

Oh yeah,admitting they got it wrong! #-o :evil: :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Was a free kick even paid?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

The penalty is an over-reaction by the AFL/Christiansen but arising from their fuckup from not penalizing Burgoyne for that sling tackle.

Since the media blowup over that, Christian-san was been instructed to assess incidents on their potential to cause injury.

That said - it is mystifying why the Ebert one was thrown out given the potential to cause serious injury was far worse than the Shiel one. He was only saved because he didn't connect.

The AFL have made a rod for their own backs over this one. If they don't apply the new interpretation consistently from here on in, the should rightly be pilloried. An the media will be looking for inconsistency.

f*** them.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

And while we are about it, did the AFL take any action against McDonald for his sledge?

Seems our players are open slather for any shit behavior or put down from any of our opponents.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Also letting Rohan off with just a fine.... it's very hard not to think there is some blatant favoritism going on. We are always on the arse end of the stick too
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:08 pm
The AFL have made a rod for their own backs over this one. If they don't apply the new interpretation consistently from here on in, the should rightly be pilloried. An the media will be looking for inconsistency.

f*** them.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....where have you been for the last 10 years s'dreams?
They won't be consistent, never have.
They simply change the rules/interpretations every single time where consistency doesn't suit their agenda.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Jazz_84 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:51 pm Also letting Rohan off with just a fine.... it's very hard not to think there is some blatant favoritism going on. We are always on the arse end of the stick too
This was the biggest problem I think. Rohan getting just a fine. If he'd copped a week or 2, as he should have, the Shiel verdict would have been more acceptable.