Round 9... vs Brisbane

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Round 9... vs Brisbane

Post by Jazz_84 »

Why is it every time they score a behind we wait around for them to setup and we kick to the boundary with 75 people there yet when they do it they get uncontested marks all the way to the wing?

Why is it at every contest there are more of them then us yet they still get it out and kick to someone on their own for an easy clearance?

We somehow manage 5 more inside 50's to get spanked by 60 odd.....

Umpires not even hiding their cheating against us, we just bend over and take it which is the worst part, there's no way Eddie or Kochie would cop that...

Who is even coaching us?

What an embarrassment of a club.....
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 pm
boncer34 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:29 am
s'dreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:21 pm
Rover99 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:59 pm Won't be wasting any more Friday nights on this team. Wake me in 2022. Basically we cannot function as a team any more with these omissons.
Until we omit woosha - we have little hope
Hate to break it to you but Rutten is coaching
Well get Rutten to take the pressers and accept responsibility for the coaching.
How do we justify the cowardly and pathetic decision to keep Woosha around if we don't make him go to the pressers?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 pm Why is it every time they score a behind we wait around for them to setup and we kick to the boundary with 75 people there yet when they do it they get uncontested marks all the way to the wing?
This is another constant in our system of play for YEARS. It is infuriatingly shite!

Time and time again 🤬
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I saw Woosha saying jack about the umpiring at some presser. At least he could have said something about the calamatous holding the ball against McGrath, the deliberate that wasn’t and that extraordinary goal they got by allowing a lions player to receive a handball when standing between a lion on the mark and our player standing on the mark.

Just straight cheating all three instances. Where is Sheedy with the alien jibe when you need him.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 pm I saw Woosha saying jack about the umpiring at some presser. At least he could have said something about the calamatous holding the ball against McGrath, the deliberate that wasn’t and that extraordinary goal they got by allowing a lions player to receive a handball when standing between a lion on the mark and our player standing on the mark.

Just straight cheating all three instances. Where is Sheedy with the alien jibe when you need him.
That’s when you need our old mate Mal Brown,storming their Rooms with the Trakie Dacks or Bikini Suit to give ‘em a

Right Royal Bloody Serve!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 pm I saw Woosha saying jack about the umpiring at some presser. At least he could have said something about the calamatous holding the ball against McGrath, the deliberate that wasn’t and that extraordinary goal they got by allowing a lions player to receive a handball when standing between a lion on the mark and our player standing on the mark.

Hahaha, what about the best of the lot where Hurley was penalised for “front on contact” with Hipwood when it was Hipwood who shoved Hurley!

Woosha lol

Have you listened to his responses whenever he’s asked about a specific bit of play or a decision? Ever single time, without fail, his reply will be...

“Sorry, I didn’t see it” or “from my position on the bench, I couldn’t tell what actually happened” or “I wasn’t watching that passage of play at the time”.

Makes me laugh. Gotta wonder if he’s watching at all :lol:
Essendunny
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

All things considered, we were playing a top 4 team with about 7 players with less than 35 games experience. It takes its toll when things aren’t going your way like they were last night.

It was a disappointing 2nd half effort, no doubt. But not entirely surprising. Our forward Structure is decimated. We can’t take a trick in that department. We virtually need our midfielders to step up and kick goals - Shiel, Merrett as good as they are, need to chip in with goals to help the fact our forwards are simply undermanned. Can’t believe it has been 2 years since Bobby Stewart had a game :shock:

Good signs from debutant Draper. Will grow from here. Will take confidence out of his debut for sure.

Disappointed with the more senior players last night. Did not fire a shot. Zaka, Belly, Hurls were lethargic. Very disappointing. Tippa had a shocker too. Although, it seemed like we avoided passing it to him. And if they attempted to, it was well over his head.

At least we get Langers back next week.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If they’re Man enough to Face a Critique of their poor performances,that at least is a start.

They then have to Seriously address their Faults and work to their strengths On and Off the Field,to have some sort of chance to WIN against their next opponent,no matter who it is!

Of course,you do some serious homework on them as well,which happen to be Great Western Sydney!

So Essendon,pick up the pieces and do your UTMOST BEST TO

WIN!C’mon!!!!!!!
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:04 pm
Jazz_84 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 pm Why is it every time they score a behind we wait around for them to setup and we kick to the boundary with 75 people there yet when they do it they get uncontested marks all the way to the wing?
This is another constant in our system of play for YEARS. It is infuriatingly shite!

Time and time again 🤬
This is probably THE most infuriating thing about our team and we have been doing it for years - and it's much worse now that we have almost no talls at all. The couple of times they did it, they usually suffered a similar fate, only we were too shite to go on,because people actually manned up on us..
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

We’re in a hole right now and we should worry about how we do,not others.

Still,it’s good to be able to have a laugh at the Filth,with the past 2 games they’ve had!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you should all take up Tennis,Bucks!Just hope it doesn’t get too expensive for you,next time you play. #-o :roll:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Strange that neither the AFL nor the Umpires Association has declined to say anything about the umpiring decisions on Friday despite much outrage in the media and from well respected former players.

Last week, St Kilda got an apology within 12 hours of the match ending.

Gutless.

Further - I have heard nothing about any AFL determination about Shit Truck Robinson throwing his mouthguard at Gleeson despite him also dumping on the umpires at the same time. All Fox had to say was that this shows why Robinson is so beloved by Brisbane fans and teammates... :shock:

Strange - I would have thought that throwing a possible biohazard at an opposition player is not just a bad look, but would be worth a fine.

They managed to fine Carsisle for thumping Rampe's hand (despite the guy taking the field AND using the hand to mark and punch the ball). But I guess that is whataboutism...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Remembering what Rampe got up to last year,it might be poetic justice if he whacked his hand on the very thing he illegally climbed! :evil: