Round 10...vs GWS Giants

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 10...vs GWS Giants

Post by s'dreams »

F111 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:09 pm Heath Shaw is now one of their team. Waddya expect?

Ward is now playing the victim. It doesn't discount his soccer style dive.
Caroline WIlson backed him up today though ... and she did say that Essendon Fans are the worst haters (and she still gets hate from us). She must have forgotten about Eddie and Sam.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 am
F111 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:09 pm Heath Shaw is now one of their team. Waddya expect?

Caroline WIlson backed him up today though ... and she did say that Essendon Fans are the worst haters (and she still gets hate from us). She must have forgotten about Eddie and Sam.
Does she still get hate from us?

Good.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

desmondo wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:27 pm
mdso wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:33 pm
s'dreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm Out: T. Bellchambers, M. Gleeson, A. Francis, D. Zaharakis, T. Cutler, B. Ham, M. Redman, J. Stewart, J. Townsend

In: K. Langford, J. Daniher, D. Clarke, M. Guelfi, C. McKenna, S. McKernan, I. Mosquito, J. Begley
Cahill needs a rest as well. Time for Clarke to come back as a tagger
Tagger, smagger, you know Woosha doesn't believe in taggers nor its been said does Richmond. That's almighty crap and its all somatics. Certain players call them what you will, do intefere and sit on another players heels, push players around around, talk non-stop to annoy them all the while defending their turf but its not tagging. We need a couple of those with bodies who can bowl players over and run through them (not tag them but make their life miserable) and train them not to become experts at the art of NOT tagging. Hibberd and Guelfi could be good at that. Maybe we should get someone to teach them how NOT to tag.
Josh Begley 188cm,97kgs, apparently training with the mid-field group...I`d like to see him run through a couple of opponents. You don`t get the knick-name fridge for nothing. :lol: He could be the inside BULL of ALL the inside bulls....of course he NEEDS to be able to play the position first. What say you BTers?
Been looking for "fridge" to take up the big mid role for 2 years now. And he's been given opportunity to learn it in VFL and 2020 scratch matches.
Just not getting enough of the ball though. Plus side - he's still young.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:17 pm we get a lead of 29 points....we lose

Groundhog F****** Day

have lost count of how regularly this happens.

This club is toxic....F****** hate em.
Isn't losing from 27 points up our thing?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

nomolos wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:24 pm If Mckenna only wanted to stay in Aus on the condition to play forward. He can f*** off back to Ireland.

Francis can f*** off

Mckernan can f*** off

Snelling can f*** off

Redman can f*** off

No coincidence that when Ridley went off that the dumpster caught fire.

Worsfold can f*** off and give full reign to Rutton. Cause we need to know if Rutton is up to it. So we can decide if we need to f*** him off.
I'm gonna cling to the hope Redman can regain some form.
And Snelling is far from our worst. At least he doesn't mind a contest.
Did you see the 3/4 time coaches discussion? Looked like Rutten had the most input. Oh dear!
But yeah, McKernan & Francis can f*** off. No future. And Stewart.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Rover99 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:57 pm Lot of things let us down tonight. Tippa had 2 costly turnovers then gave away a probable certain kick to idiot McKernan. Announcer called him generous. I call him stupid. Someone should take him aside, analyse his wild moves and teach him to be more effective given his height disadvantage.. Lately he's been spending more time on the ground than on his feet.
Spot on.
Opposition coming at you. Easily in range almost dead in front...kick the bloody goal, not pass to someone on a more acute angle.
And while a lot of focus is on Ward for THAT free, AMT all too often flings himself around like an octopus, looking for frees. Stay on your feet numbskull!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:32 am
Walla - just hasn’t been Walla. Lost his daring do and instinctive moves. No doubt caused by some overly complicated game plan being imposed by the Richmond crew. You can see it ticking over in his mind - should aI be here? should I be there ? Do I do the “team thing” and bring my teammates into it even though I am a better prospect of kicking a goal. Play him at half back where he made his name.
The "game plan", whatever it is, is screwing us.
If you can bear it, watch the game again. And every game this season. Number of times our blokes stand their looking at each other, expecting the other to do something, or times we've competed with team-mates, is crazy. We aint a team. We're a bunch of individuals.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:13 am
6. “Holding the Man” doesn’t exist when we get flung away from a contest, but should we touch someone’s jumper...
This one reallyyyyy gets to me. I see McGrath and Shiel being held at stoppages ALL THE TIME, but we rarely get a free for it.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:48 am
s'dreams wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 am

Does she still get hate from us?

Good.
Why do I see a potential Mark Knight and Piglet cartoon about Carowhine,with her standing in the naughty corner at Essendon Football Club,with her complaining”why do they hate me so?”? :lol:
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

rockhole wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm I am staggered that more has not been said in the media about the hit on Townsend.

Firstly, from that doyen of football callers, Wayne Carey, we heard that it was "accidental contact" and from Bruce that he was "just going for the ball"

Another was that he was "just protecting himself"

What absolute bullshit!!! Shaw had time to get his arm in a position and brace for the contact and he hit Townsend straight down the middle as did Shiel a couple of weeks ago for which he got 2 weeks. Not so long ago, this would have been called a perfect shirtfront.

Irrespective of what feeble excuses these pricks came up with, we hear ad nauseum that the head is sacrosant and the net result of the deliberate collision was concussion for Townsend which left us one short for the rest of the game. Shaw knew exactly what he was doing. There was nothing accidental about it.

As for Ward's disgraceful performance, I thought there was a move recently to stamp staging from the game. I see Papley was cited for an exaggerated push. Ward's performance was just as blatant and cost us the game.
Absolutely agree, they keep telling us that the head is sacrosanct, rightly, maybe, (except for Essendon players?). HOW THE f*** WAS IT NOT EVEN PAYED A FREE KICK??... He was concussed and missed the rest of the game #-o :evil:

It may have been 'accidental' or he may have been just 'going for the ball' as the soft cock commentary team said...BUT IT STILL SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FREE KICK.

The newest 'love-child' of the AFL is gifted another win, f*** I hate 'cheating' umpires. :evil: :evil: Are they a protected species?, should they not have to answer to SOME-BODY FOR THEIR BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MISTAKES???
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The GWS have Always been AWFULL’S Love Child.

They’re getting a Free Ride with GWS’s Premiership Window still open for a FAKE FLAG!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And to prove the corruption is real, BZT is found guilty of rough conduct (un-f******-believable) while our guys keep getting smashed on the field in similar ways - Merrett, AMT for example.

Our club is as soft and weak as they come. Not a whimper from anyone. Just bend over and accept all this f****** rubbish.

Laughing stock.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:10 pm And to prove the corruption is real, BZT is found guilty of rough conduct (un-f******-believable) while our guys keep getting smashed on the field in similar ways - Merrett, AMT for example.

Our club is as soft and weak as they come. Not a whimper from anyone. Just bend over and accept all this f****** rubbish.

Laughing stock.
100% agree, how can BZT get a fine for that! it happens 30 times a round if not more! it's blatant corruption and it's almost got me giving up on footy. I can't believe the club is so pissweak! Now I read Harding who was at the club come out and say we want to be nice and not kick up a fuss due to the saga, f*** that! if that's the case then the place needs a huge clean out, the players now deserve waaaaaaaay better then that.

Michael Christenson or whatever has a wank watching Essendon games trying to find anything to suspend or fine our players.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Geez!

And I thought we had it bad with the WA Football Commission in Western Australia.

But then,they are pretty much Suits fitting the same stripes! :roll: :evil: :-&
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:41 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:10 pm And to prove the corruption is real, BZT is found guilty of rough conduct (un-f******-believable) while our guys keep getting smashed on the field in similar ways - Merrett, AMT for example.

Laughing stock.
100% agree, how can BZT get a fine for that! it happens 30 times a round if not more! it's blatant corruption and it's almost got me giving up on footy. I can't believe the club is so pissweak! Now I read Harding who was at the club come out and say we want to be nice and not kick up a fuss due to the saga, f*** that! if that's the case then the place needs a huge clean out, the players now deserve waaaaaaaay better then that.

Michael Christenson or whatever has a wank watching Essendon games trying to find anything to suspend or fine our players.
Yep, our club will always be a mediocre piece of crap unless it has a ruthless no nonsense attitude like it once did under Sheedy.

The submissive, pacifying, appeasing wimps that occupy the offices of our club will keep us in shitness forever and a day.

Love Eddie or hate him, he would never allow this bullshit to continue without a fight.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Laughing stock.

Yep, our club will always be a mediocre piece of crap unless it has a ruthless no nonsense attitude like it once did under Sheedy.

The submissive, pacifying, appeasing wimps that occupy the offices of our club will keep us in shitness forever and a day.

Love Eddie or hate him, he would never allow this bullshit to continue without a fight.
I suspect Xav Campbell's relationship with Gil and the AFL is entirely compromised. Okay, so he knocked back a role at AFL house in favour of seeing out the program at Essendon but that doesnt mean he hasnt been earmarked for a cushy gig there in the future. He certainly wont be rocking the boat while that opportunity remains a possibility.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Laughing stock.

Oh so f****** true!!!! So what does Sheeds really think when he sees hs love child f*** us up the ass?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He’d probably say we’re Jealous,Rover.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

desmondo wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:04 pm
rockhole wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm I am staggered that more has not been said in the media about the hit on Townsend.

Firstly, from that doyen of football callers, Wayne Carey, we heard that it was "accidental contact" and from Bruce that he was "just going for the ball"

Another was that he was "just protecting himself"

What absolute bullshit!!! Shaw had time to get his arm in a position and brace for the contact and he hit Townsend straight down the middle as did Shiel a couple of weeks ago for which he got 2 weeks. Not so long ago, this would have been called a perfect shirtfront.

Irrespective of what feeble excuses these pricks came up with, we hear ad nauseum that the head is sacrosant and the net result of the deliberate collision was concussion for Townsend which left us one short for the rest of the game. Shaw knew exactly what he was doing. There was nothing accidental about it.

As for Ward's disgraceful performance, I thought there was a move recently to stamp staging from the game. I see Papley was cited for an exaggerated push. Ward's performance was just as blatant and cost us the game.
Absolutely agree, they keep telling us that the head is sacrosanct, rightly, maybe, (except for Essendon players?). HOW THE f*** WAS IT NOT EVEN PAYED A FREE KICK??... He was concussed and missed the rest of the game #-o :evil:

It may have been 'accidental' or he may have been just 'going for the ball' as the soft cock commentary team said...BUT IT STILL SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FREE KICK.

The newest 'love-child' of the AFL is gifted another win, f*** I hate 'cheating' umpires. :evil: :evil: Are they a protected species?, should they not have to answer to SOME-BODY FOR THEIR BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MISTAKES???
And concussed so badly that he will miss this weeks match :evil: #-o Nah NO free kick there umpire...

I`d love to hear the umpire/s who neglected to pay the free explain WHY??? As already stated Shiel got 2 weeks for an almost identical incident FFS. ](*,) ](*,)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Does anyone keep a close eye on whether Umps get dropped for glaring errors,or plain appalling overall performances?

I imagine there would be cases like that,but whether it gets reported,or AWFULL allows it to be reported is another matter. :roll: