Round 13 V Richmond

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Round 13 V Richmond

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:29 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 am
boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:51 am
boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:46 am

Richardson said only Francis and Belly came away injured.

He ran out of gas.
With a limp
A limp that wasn't mentioned as an injury? He limped for about a minute on the bench and went back into the field.
It’s not as if our officials tell the truth about after match niggles Bonce.
Depends in what capacity you talk to them.

He was good for his 2 ten minute bursts but he doesn't have the tank for AFL yet. Hopefully the taste last night gives him the drive to get one.
Cramp?

No doubt needs to improve his fitness and work hard on other things.

Good debut though. Showed he’s got the talent to play at this level. Good kick, reads the play, can tackle etc.

Fair bit to like on the field.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 am Also fwiw the club will raise the diving with the AFL.
I know what will happen.

The next player that gets caught out “taking a dive” will be an Essendon player. And he will be suspended.

Leroy Jetta says hi 👋🏼
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 am
boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:29 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 am
boncer34 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 am
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:51 am
With a limp
A limp that wasn't mentioned as an injury? He limped for about a minute on the bench and went back into the field.
It’s not as if our officials tell the truth about after match niggles Bonce.
Depends in what capacity you talk to them.

He was good for his 2 ten minute bursts but he doesn't have the tank for AFL yet. Hopefully the taste last night gives him the drive to get one.
Cramp?

No doubt needs to improve his fitness and work hard on other things.

Good debut though. Showed he’s got the talent to play at this level. Good kick, reads the play, can tackle etc.

Fair bit to like on the field.
Stinger. Hurts for a minute or two but can run it off.

Edit: I should clarify, he may well have an injury that Dan decided not to disclose and fed me garbage. I'd be surprised if that was the case but it can happen.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Grimes has taken to Instagram after having received “death threats”. He cited the following posts;

“C--t u are the biggest flop in the AFL. Grow a f--king set of nuts u soft c--t“

“You're a disgrace" and suggestions to join the Olympic diving team were among the other messages that Grimes showed in his video.”

“There aren't any other AFL fans that like you other than Richmond supporters," said another. "Genuinely. Haven't heard of a single one."

I can’t see anything wrong with these unimpeachable statements of fact. I also reckon that they are making this death threat bit.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

nudder12 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:27 pm
s'dreams wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:22 pm
boncer34 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:31 pm Mozzie ran out of gas
Well what the hell was he doing past the center?

Im old fashioned but I think that Crumbing forwards - should umm stay forwardish?
Yeah, we don't hold a forward structure much.
Maybe because they got sick of waiting for entries :shock:
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

nudder12 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:47 am Few stats that say a fair bit....
Our 1%'ers were 42 V 31....Nice, but Tiges don't need 1 %'ers when they play open footy. Something we generally suck at.
Tackles were even...but only 31 each.
Flogged in contested possessions 96-129.
Flogged in centre clearances 9-15...but we won stoppage clearances 21-12.
So....we only really won the ball when we were able to have extra numbers at the scene.Which cost us once the clearance was over.
Says it all.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:15 pm Grimes has taken to Instagram after having received “death threats”. He cited the following posts;

“C--t u are the biggest flop in the AFL. Grow a f--king set of nuts u soft c--t“

“You're a disgrace" and suggestions to join the Olympic diving team were among the other messages that Grimes showed in his video.”

“There aren't any other AFL fans that like you other than Richmond supporters," said another. "Genuinely. Haven't heard of a single one."

I can’t see anything wrong with these unimpeachable statements of fact. I also reckon that they are making this death threat bit.
How can we believe a someone who lies and stages on the football field about what happens off the football field.

Once again Essendon supporters are alleged to have made "death threats" ... publish them so we can see for ourselves. It is getting to be a soft deflection from their own on-field actions to raise thee "people have been nasty on social media" line.

And refer them to the police (AFP had jurisdiction) as if they are death threats made on a "carriage service" - that is an offense punishable by up to 3 years jail for a first offence.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm
MH_Bomber wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:15 pm Grimes has taken to Instagram after having received “death threats”. He cited the following posts;

How can we believe a someone who lies and stages on the football field about what happens off the football field.

Once again Essendon supporters are alleged to have made "death threats" ... publish them so we can see for ourselves. It is getting to be a soft deflection from their own on-field actions to raise thee "people have been nasty on social media" line.

And refer them to the police (AFP had jurisdiction) as if they are death threats made on a "carriage service" - that is an offense punishable by up to 3 years jail for a first offence.
Agree.

I call BS. Just like the ‘push in the back’
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Two points I’d like to make bout Grimes

1) He doesn’t live in Colombia
2) Stop cheating
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

s'dreams wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:54 am
Windy Hille wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:07 am
Was a little disappointed in Shiel tonight. Just seemed well off the pace and had very little influence.

TBC, he’s well past his used by date.

The defence was working overtime tonight. Riddler just great. Must be close to AA selection.
Shiel has been gun-shy since his suspension

I didn't understand why TBell took most of the center bounces in Q3. That's when we lost it

Our defence works overtime most weekends. it show problems with both our midfield and our inability to exit the back 50.
Nothing new in that
Bellchambers gives us nothing in the ruck, nothing around the ground and fukall on the scoreboard. Philips can do better than TBC in the ruck and a hell of a lot more around the ground. He is more likely to mark on the forward line and snag a goal. I reckon he wouldwork well with Draper.

So why the hell do we persevere with TBC. !!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I don’t think players should be exempt from Criticism,sometimes harsh from Fans.That old Chestnut of having to play the game at the Elite Level,is a load of old cobblers.Does that mean players are not entitled to praise from us plebs,then?Of course not,they love it!But they can’t have it both ways and should take the good with the bad!

However,when the bad becomes abuse,then the problems start!I must admit,when I was younger,after a few sherbets and a Bad Loss,I went overboard from time to time and really went over the top,giving the Perth boys the same Shitcanning as I had Essendon in 2009,after the Bombers copped a similar Bad Loss!

It could have got me the Sack and I quickly recoiled and apologised!

I have given the players criticism since,but changed the way I did it.And from my position,I give the players all the space the need from a Neville Nobody like me!Doesn’t mean to say I don’t care about the guys and I keep one or 2 contacts from within the group,to say G’day and see how they’re going!

Then Win,Lose or Draw,pop in after the game has been long gone,just to say “Well played!”or “Better Luck next Week,Fellas!”But I guess I’m lucky and priveledged to be able to do that,whereas as many folk on the Internet,don’t get that chance.I know an Umpire’s Observer or 2 and a League Goal Umpire and am able to say G’day to them and chew the fat on footy and life.Whatever they do on the Footy Field sometimes has me,twisting my face in contorted pain.But whatever the Result,I keep my Trap Shut and give them the paperwork and move on.

We’re all Fanatics at Heart MH.It’s how we Conduct ourselves from our side of the fence and/or Couch or Internet,that’s also important as how players(in Particular),Coaches and Club Officials do.Plus of course,the Competition Officials and Executive.Players can act like prize dicks sometimes,on and off the Field and leave themselves Wide open for Justified Criticism!

But when people hope they,or their families Die,or subject playersto Inexcusable Racist Attacks,then by all means pursue them through Legal Means,fair enough in my book.I don’t follow the Eagles or Dockers,but what have guys like Liam Ryan or Michael Fredericks have done to upset anybody?Nothing really!So why the Outrageous Abuse!

Because Society in the 21st Century,still possesses Morons,Dropkicks and Racists for some reason.Love to know what makes them think they are justified in attacking people the way they do,in whatever shape they feel free to Outrageously attack players and others,the way they do!

FFS,what gives here?! :roll:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Yep I couldn't help but think it was all bullshit the death threats and then I saw his insta and none of it was violent at all. disgusting language but nothing threatening about it at all.

Funny how when Ward did this, others came out and said they get these kind of threats "all the time"..... yet they only make headlines of it when their about to go on trial...

Love how he tried to play the victim and singled Essendon fans out, screamed of going for the sympathy card to get leniency from the MRO.

Weak as piss Grimes and Vlaustin, lot of respect for Richmond gone now, f*** em
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Jazz_84 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:38 pmLove how he tried to play the victim and singled Essendon fans out, screamed of going for the sympathy card to get leniency from the MRO.
Worked beautifully for Ward. Why wouldn't he?
The dive and consequent wrong decision cost us a goal, the turnover cost us another down their end, then another in quick succession. The player behaviour had consequences for the game. The juvenile umpiring also had consequences for the game.

Vlaustin's head tweak after being touched on the shoulder was another poor decision that had consequences for the game at a time when it really mattered. The 50M penalty was most critical.

Those decisions cost the EFC 4 points (at least a better chance at it)
Those decisions cost Richmond $1500/2=$750 each.

Richmond will be giggling like teenagers into their gatorade.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

rockhole wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Was a little disappointed in Shiel tonight. Just seemed well off the pace and had very little influence.

The defence was working overtime tonight. Riddler just great. Must be close to AA selection.

I didn't understand why TBell took most of the center bounces in Q3. That's when we lost it

Our defence works overtime most weekends. it show problems with both our midfield and our inability to exit the back 50.
Nothing new in that
Bellchambers gives us nothing in the ruck, nothing around the ground and fukall on the scoreboard. Philips can do better than TBC in the ruck and a hell of a lot more around the ground. He is more likely to mark on the forward line and snag a goal. I reckon he wouldwork well with Draper.

Totally agree. He’s become as bad as Zac Clarke was for us. Just horrible.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 am
rockhole wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Nothing new in that

Totally agree. He’s become as bad as Zac Clarke was for us. Just horrible.
Clarke at least had a Natty hairstyle
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

@Grassy

Didn't someone we know get voted as the most hated poster on Big Footy and on some West Australian Forum? Didn't he also get banned?

I wonder who it was?

:-k
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ozfooty mate.By the same person who passed me near the gate yesterday,as I had to repark the Car,due to the bloody 4 Hour Limit,the Claremont Council imposed on Footy Fans. #-o

And Yes,I was voted Most Hated by the Dorker apologists for the person who started that thread,who is also barred,after he and Demons Den(Another Dorker fan)must have had a falling out!

Bugger me,I forgot his name! #-o :roll: :lol:

Ahhh Yes!

Peter North!

Be curious to know if he’s been fishing this year,supporting his Amateur Club,supporting Perth or up to all 3. 8)

Oh Yes,he too is a Dorker Fan. :lol:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I am surprised that when they let Lynch off tonight that the "Judiciary" didn't fine Hurley for staging.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

What a bloody Joke it was that Lynch got off! :evil: #-o :roll: :-&
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:08 am What a bloody Joke it was that Lynch got off! :evil: #-o :roll: :-&
No surprise. Has about 15 minor offences lined up against him. What’s another one to the tally?

But put Shiel up for his first offence in his life...BANG! You’re dead.
Essendunny