Round 13 V Richmond

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 13 V Richmond

Post by s'dreams »

There was more fist in that one than all of TBell's ruckwork
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Beggars belief. I just shake my head sometimes with the incredibly bizarre outcomes of MRP and tribunal.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Still a Bloody Joke,Benny.

Doubly so! :-&
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

mdso wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 pm The game is going to an absolute slaughter-fest. If Richmond do not smash us by minimum of 10 goals, they are on the take.
Fifteen goals if they are fair dinkum. And; maybe that's what we need to happen to get real about our list which is highly over-rated.

I plan on watching the smoking ceremony and then turning on to something else.

If Richmond have had kick true yes they probably would have beaten us by ten goals plus. But; they didn't have to kick straight, the umpires took care of that and just awarded several free kicks at crucuial moments in the game. So, the goal goal loss was really NOT what the scores reflect. They thrashed us on the night, at times looked like they were in a Woollies car park speed limit, they were just cruising. Running rings around us whenever they felt like it.

Congratulations Mozzie on your debut and kicking two goals. We all knew you could do it. Maybe you should consider whether you want to stay or go elsewhere so you do not catch the EFC malaise, I think it probably is a terminal disease.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:00 am
mdso wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:51 am Tonight will be telling in a lot of ways. This could be our wake the hell up game or the open your eyes wide open and see what you are looking at, game. We need something dramatic to happen for those who make decisions at this club, to move off their collective, complacent, delusional, backsides and effect some changes, so positive change can happen.

There is so much speculation, so much is hidden and secret, and other stuff is there to be seen if one actually looks.
Much disappointment, frustration and sadness, and there's lies and damn lies. Enough, its time EFC, its time to move.
Change needs to happen or the club will continue on it lowly sliding down eventually, into an oblivion of our own making.

Please be competitive tonight. If anyone really cares about this club, play like you mean it.
I'm afraid we've been here many times before. I can provide a dossier of 'line in the sand' moments where we hope our club fixes all its shitness from top to bottom, but we keep hoping for the same thing season after season.

The only thing that will change it is pressure from us. Too many Essendonites keep mollycoddling the club with fluffy messages when it should be hammering them for the garbage they dish up. Members need to start voting off board members and putting in people with vision and drive for success. They are far too comfy sitting around trying to maintain the good community image of the club rather than building a powerful FOOTBALL club that we used to be.

I totally agree Ben, I have had a gutfull of this neverending "new game plan" and the club continues to keep the truth of what's really going on close to their chest. I simply do not believe them when they say they do not know what is happening with JoeDan???? They know alright they are just not saying!!! The same with Connor McKenna have they dropped because he is not playing well or have they dropped him, because they have dropped him and he is going home? I was extrememly surprised when I heard the club have decided to play Joey again so quickly. When we have several games close together, this week and next. Its either one thing or the other with them, not at all or too soon. We just don't seem to learn from our mistakes.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Windy_Hill wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:17 am
nudder12 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:30 am Haha, with so many games close together I can’t remember what shit thing happened in which shit game #-o
It's yet another AFL conspiracy against Essendon....trying to make sure we can't keep track of our shitness, so we'll remain that way.

Here's a question that's just occurred to me.....what happens to all the AFL Covid rules once the season is over?
And the reason I thought of that is....is there any chance we'll be able to fully practice etc (like a normal year) to get our shit together? But hopefully without the "normal year" outcomes.

They were saying on Footy Classified that several clubs have already expressed interest in staying in the Gold Coast after the season finishes.
Do you mean staying for a holiday or next season if things stay the same or do you mean, staying permanently.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Grimes again this weekend performing a nice pirouette.......
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals