Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 pm Am now hearing McGrath is not a happy camper. Apparently disillusioned by the lack of professionalism inside the Footy Dept and the squad itself.
He has literally said days ago he absolutely loves the club and wants to stay long term...

People are losing their shit over what "journo's" are vomiting up and it's pissing me off, f*** sake we create our own drama letting them control the fans we just eat it up and react like no other.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

nudder12 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:18 am
s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:10 am
nudder12 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:44 am
nomolos wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:49 pm Prominent senior players are pissed off that Bellchambers wasnt selected for last game even though he was right to play.
Think that's a fact, not a rumour :D
Hurley & Hooker disenchanted, possibly others.
Hurley being disenchanted don't phase me at all.

Hooker - IMO probably should have called it a day as well. His body is shot and he would get maybe a max of 10 games next year (though 3LO was discussing the possibility of Hooker as well as Hurley going to another club for a year in a Hodge style move).
North Melb perhaps? I don't know what their defensive stocks are like now, given their mass delistings.
Then again, I wouldn't rate either of them in such a role relative to Hodge.
I was thinking more of Sydney or Adelaide.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Windy_Hill wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 pm
mdso wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm I heard Geelong were also looking at Parish. Looking at.
Pretty sure Parish is still under contract but yeah, has long been linked to a Geelong move...would be a star there. Other clubs are circling our better players like vultures over a dead carcass.

If the club doesn't want to rebuild maybe the other clubs will help and do it for us. Someone from our Medical Team is leaving, a couple of coaches and we have already let some players go so; with Connor and Belly retiring, it probably adds up to half a dozen at least. Then there's the maybe's - the troops are circling Saad and Guelfi has asked for a trade back to W.A. Also if JoeDan is exploring his options, if doesn't know where he wants to be by now - he needs a push either in or out. Hooker and Hurley????? Both are contracted Hurley until 2022 Hooker 2021, its said they are unhappy with club over a couple of things.
So all in all it looks like things are going take care of the players and thin the dead wood.

Cancelled my Kayo subscription - not interested in watching the finals or anyone in them. I am really surprised how turned off AFL, I am. I did not watch us play Melbourne either. First time ever I have done this.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Cancelled my Kayo subscription - not interested in watching the finals or anyone in them. I am really surprised how turned off AFL, I am. I did not watch us play Melbourne either. First time ever I have done this
I am not surprised. This year the footy overall has been of a style that makes the AFLW seem interesting. And that is apart from the way that EFC have played.

Also - 6 days a week footy just seems idiotic. It was constant and turned me off. There was little chance to build expectation, celebrate or grieve and vent and then reflect.

Yet Gil and his idiots think the whole thing was so splendid that they want to have at least 2 "festivals of footy" next year.

Give me strength.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

They think everything they do is splendid s’dreams!

Self Deluded AWFULL Fools!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

mdso wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:13 am
Windy_Hill wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 pm
mdso wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm I heard Geelong were also looking at Parish. Looking at.
Pretty sure Parish is still under contract but yeah, has long been linked to a Geelong move...would be a star there. Other clubs are circling our better players like vultures over a dead carcass.

If the club doesn't want to rebuild maybe the other clubs will help and do it for us. Someone from our Medical Team is leaving, a couple of coaches and we have already let some players go so; with Connor and Belly retiring, it probably adds up to half a dozen at least. Then there's the maybe's - the troops are circling Saad and Guelfi has asked for a trade back to W.A. Also if JoeDan is exploring his options, if doesn't know where he wants to be by now - he needs a push either in or out. Hooker and Hurley????? Both are contracted Hurley until 2022 Hooker 2021, its said they are unhappy with club over a couple of things.
So all in all it looks like things are going take care of the players and thin the dead wood.

Heard on Perth Radio yesterday,that Hooker was looking at possibly coming home to WA,mdso.Whether he can get a look in at either AFL Club here is another matter.

Cancelled my Kayo subscription - not interested in watching the finals or anyone in them. I am really surprised how turned off AFL, I am. I did not watch us play Melbourne either. First time ever I have done this.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

The AFL is a crappy product at the moment.

The games are typically nothing more than a stagnant, scrappy, rolling maul.

Forwards are nothing more than midfielders due to the congestion in the 50m arcs. There is no space to lead and little room for one on one contests.

No one plays up the middle. It's just circle work around the boundary.

I've lost all interest.

The AFL needs to make rule changes or the game will perish.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

All the more reason to have tried to perfect run and gun, which is exciting to watch, than adopt the borefest being served up by most teams.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 pm The AFL is a crappy product at the moment.

Forwards are nothing more than midfielders due to the congestion in the 50m arcs. There is no space to lead and little room for one on one contests.

I've lost all interest.

True dat
Essendunny
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover99 »

BenDoolan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:49 pm
gringo wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 pm The AFL is a crappy product at the moment.

I've lost all interest.

True dat
In a Nutshell!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Or they need to leave the Game Alone for once in their bloody Lifetime!

Gil the Dill is umming and ahhhhing about keeping the 16 Minute Quarters!

f*** off with that you bloody Great Dill!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Apparently Joe is doing an exclusive interview with Fox/Kayo next week, revealing..."what he's hoping to achieve in the next part of his career."
No date/time announced yet AFAIK.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

nudder12 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:23 pm Apparently Joe is doing an exclusive interview with Fox/Kayo next week, revealing..."what he's hoping to achieve in the next part of his career."
No date/time announced yet AFAIK.
No time or date announced BECAUSE HE DONT GIVE A f***.I would love to know what he expects to achieve... Instead of doing "exclusive interviews" get your lazy arsed mound in front of a goal square and pretend your a half decent player and learn how to KICK that round leather object that is making you Hundreds of Thousands a year!
Image]
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Fantasia for Daniel Talia has been suggested.

Which Sounds ok. Especially if Hurley and Hooker are crying and being little BITCHES. Give us a defender of similar age and experience to help our pathetic key backs.(looking at you BZT - not Ridley)
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

nomolos wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:17 pm Fantasia for Daniel Talia has been suggested.

Which Sounds ok. Especially if Hurley and Hooker are crying and being little BITCHES. Give us a defender of similar age and experience to help our pathetic key backs.(looking at you BZT - not Ridley)
lol, bzt is going to be a gun! (insert sarcasm)

i dont see what the hype around bzt is. hope im wrong.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC2 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:59 am
nomolos wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:17 pm Fantasia for Daniel Talia has been suggested.

You expected the bloke who's just gone 22 to dominate as a one out KPD in our backline with our pathetic mids in front?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:22 am
DC2 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:59 am

You expected the bloke who's just gone 22 to dominate as a one out KPD in our backline with our pathetic mids in front?
never said i expected him to dominate anyone. Just havent seen the signs of what the hype is about. I remember seeing hurley in his debut season as a teenager playing well on tredrea and seeing clear signs that he could be a player for us. Same can be said for others. Just havent seen much to get excited about with BZT, thats all.

Not saying hes a write off by any stretch, just mearly laughing at people continually talking up players because they happen to wear the red and black. people just need to pump the breaks a little with this guy. let him have a stand out game first at least.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

BZT does need time. He looks good athletically, is skinny, but disposal is average.

Having said that. Poor disposal and and turnovers out of the back half from a poorly designed system combined with poor pressure up field means he can routinely be caught out of position.

How much time do we give him?

Harris Andrews 23 years old
Darcy Moore 24 Years old
Luke Ryan 24 Years old
Jacob Weitering 22 Years old
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nomolos wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm BZT does need time. He looks good athletically, is skinny, but disposal is average.

Having said that. Poor disposal and and turnovers out of the back half from a poorly designed system combined with poor pressure up field means he can routinely be caught out of position.

Darcy Moore 24 Years old
Luke Ryan 24 Years old
He definitely needs a couple of more preseasons so worth persisting with for now. I think he has shown glimpses of potential. To be fair, he has been thrown under a bus by our shocking mid field pressure, something the above mentioned players have not had to deal with in quite the same way.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 pm
nomolos wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm BZT does need time. He looks good athletically, is skinny, but disposal is average.

Darcy Moore 24 Years old
Luke Ryan 24 Years old
He definitely needs a couple of more preseasons so worth persisting with for now. I think he has shown glimpses of potential. To be fair, he has been thrown under a bus by our shocking mid field pressure, something the above mentioned players have not had to deal with in quite the same way.
To be fair - most of the listed players have many games under their belt as their coaches put lots into youth development

Andrews 111 games
Moore 87 games
Ryan 66 games
Weitering 93 games

BZT 11 games

Even Francis has only 35 games from 5 seasons while Marty Gleeson has 91 (6 seasons) and Ambrose has 87 (6 seasons).

I think we can make a judgement on Gleeson based on the number of games he has participated in - but BZT is far too early.