Conor McKenna Retires

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Club Captain

Re: Conor McKenna Retires

Post by rockhole »

Didn't he make some comment that he may be available mid season if the club was interested.

I would take him in a heart beat.

Really miss "Irish".
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Tempting!

Although, did he have an issue with Woosha or Truck in regards to his role in the team?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:47 pm Tempting!

Although, did he have an issue with Woosha or Truck in regards to his role in the team?
Before he left it seriously looked like he had an issue about his role. Everyone was discussing it, and then he suddenly fronted up on a forward flank for a couple of games. Maybe they were just "farewell" presents?

He tweeted yesterday, saying "Any AFL clubs need a half back?" :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:47 pm Tempting!

Before he left it seriously looked like he had an issue about his role. Everyone was discussing it, and then he suddenly fronted up on a forward flank for a couple of games. Maybe they were just "farewell" presents?

He tweeted yesterday, saying "Any AFL clubs need a half back?" :shock:
Right, so he likes half back and not up forward. I thought he was jack of half back?

Ah well, he’s probably taking the piss
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Connor has won a premiership at home, I wonder if he's still interested in helping us claim another?

We have no one like him on our list now or before him. I hope the club investigates whether or not he's still interested in coming back and playing for the Bombers again and helping us win number 17? Consider coming back Connor, please.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Nah, we don't need him.

Heppell, Hind, Redders, Cutler and Kelly will be more interested in doing some good. I don't get that feeling with McKenna. He'll want to go home twice during the season too! Then they'll cower to his wants, then that upsets team chemistry.

Stay in Ireland. He had his chance.