Ben Cousins Suspended

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Ben Cousins Suspended

Post by Stocksy »

JUst listening to the radio here in the west, details sketchy at this stage but Benny boy has been suspended by the club indefinitely. Missed training yesterday and a press release will be revealed shortly :shock:
Bombers4Premiers
Regular Senior Player

Post by Bombers4Premiers »

Holy crap! Wonder what he's done this time to finally provoke this sort of reaction from the club. :shock: :shock: :shock:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

It's on TV news too. Suspended indefinitely, without pay. :shock:

The Weagles have drawn the line....I wonder if all this east coast journalistic pressure isn't starting to bite?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Might have been tipped off the the testers might be making an appearance at training soon.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Plenty of speculation, the good money however seems to be on this having something to do with the Fletcher incident overseas...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm shocked, but not surprised....if that makes any sense.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Makes you happy to be associated with the Bombers eh? :wink:
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Man! What the hells going on over there??? Maybe we should start talking to Juddy now... :shock:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

All jokes aside, the guy is supposedly in a lot of trouble in his personal life - to the point where his parents have forced him to move back in with them.

West Coast wouldn't have taken this action unless they thought they absolutely had to. My guess is that they are either hoping he will turn around, or they don't want a drug/alcohol-induced death to happen on their watch.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

It had to happen sooner or later, just that it happened sooner. He had a drugs test yesterday, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. But that club was going downhill with all the indicents that have happened over the past few years. Getting rid of Gardiner and suspending Cousins is probably just another step in the direction they need to turn the club back around, and to be known for the footy they play, not all the off field crap that goes on.
I feel sorry for the guys who obey all the clubs and afl rules, but get bought down in all the shit that happens. I reckon that could be a big thing that could woo judd back to melbourne.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

About time the Weagles actually did something their fans could be proud of, OFF the field. They're a rabble, and thank Christ they've finally seen fit to start doing something about it.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

what is scary is if cousins is that good on the field despite drinking like a fish and partying hard off it. imagine if he got on the moderation bus?

perth is a pretty small town, i'd say his only option might be to try make a new start somewhere else.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Worsfold is looking a bit limp in all this, surely his authority is being undermind by these tools carrying on like 2 bob tarts.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

I think there is still alot more to this than the eagles are letting out, from whats been heard it sounds like this was a decission made more by Cousins than the club, there are talks of him sitting the year out to get his shit back together.

Dont like to see anyone hit rock bottom, but certainly sounds like he has done that. Has acheived everything there is to acheive in football (bar a norm smith & a coleman) hope the football world is behind him and gives him the space he needs to get back on his feet and get back on the right track.

I dont think he would go to another club Tom, think he would walk away all together if he had to, as said above its not if he has anything left to prove on the football field.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

If I was in charge of the West Coast Eagles this year would be his last. I would be shopping him around for a key forward adn some draft picks. At least they have 8 months for Ben to change his life around.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Cousin was and will always be a smug prick who is believes too much in his own publicity.

Snotty little sycophant in my humble opinion

Good riddance to him I say. And you know what, I actually reckin the Eagles will be a better 'team' without him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I actually feel sorry for the club. They have some of their superstars who have tarnished the club's reputation over a number of years and now they are forced to take action. The club doesn't want to be known as the West Coast Illegals.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

His own fault and is getting punished! Hope he get's his act together because he's a great footballer.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I'm sure Sheeds is already plotting a plan to get him at Essendon.