The "G" or Docklands

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: The "G" or Docklands

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:05 pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... a34590fec2
Essendon is keen to play more home games at the MCG once their current contract with Marvel Stadium expires after the 2024 season.
That sounds better.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:11 pm
F111 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:05 pm https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... a34590fec2
Essendon is keen to play more home games at the MCG once their current contract with Marvel Stadium expires after the 2024 season.
That sounds better.
It does, but was does that mean in essence?

You are either a tenant of a ground or you’re not. Wonder how they will scribe this :-k
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:00 am
That sounds better.

You are either a tenant of a ground or you’re not. Wonder how they will scribe this :-k
The G for me,then.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:17 pm
That sounds better.

The G for me,then.
Would they be able to pen a contract as tenant of the G?

Not sure how this will work out TBH. They might have to extend the contract with Marvel and just make a condition to play additional home games at the G.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:08 pm
That sounds better.

The G for me,then.

Not sure how this will work out TBH. They might have to extend the contract with Marvel and just make a condition to play additional home games at the G.
Don't know to be honest.Nor about the recent utterance from Mr Barham about throwing up his hands about "without pokies,Essendon wouldn't survive",..........

I don't mind us having Pokies,but seriously David,if we're totally reliant on Pokies,then you haven't got much of a Financial Plan for a Club with or without them. :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:58 am

That sounds better.

The G for me,then.

Don't know to be honest.Nor about the recent utterance from Mr Barham about throwing up his hands about "without pokies,Essendon wouldn't survive",..........

I don't mind us having Pokies,but seriously David,if we're totally reliant on Pokies,then you haven't got much of a Financial Plan for a Club with or without them. :roll:
Has he spoken? Must admit… I’m offline a fair bit these days.

Surely he’s shaving the armpits with that statement? That’s a Fitzroy type comment.

As the ol’ LRB would say… “just could never get involved with those one armed bandits”
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Windy Hille wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:37 pm

The G for me,then.

Surely he’s shaving the armpits with that statement? That’s a Fitzroy type comment.

As the ol’ LRB would say… “just could never get involved with those one armed bandits”
Don't know that news clip was on 3AW,but it was mentioned on 6PR.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:11 am
Windy Hille wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:37 pm

The G for me,then.

Don't know that news clip was on 3AW,but it was mentioned on 6PR.
Over a week ago…
Essendon president David Barham says Bombers aren't in a financial position to give away pokies revenue. The Bombers won't step away from the pokies game anytime soon, with president David Barham saying at the club's AGM the club was not in a financial position to give up the revenue.
19 Dec 2023
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:34 am
Over a week ago…
Essendon president David Barham says Bombers aren't in a financial position to give away pokies revenue. The Bombers won't step away from the pokies game anytime soon, with president David Barham saying at the club's AGM the club was not in a financial position to give up the revenue.
19 Dec 2023
Well... if they start winning matches and also winning finals - they won't need the pokies.

People will start turning up at the turnstile and sponsors will fork out more.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:09 pm
Over a week ago…
19 Dec 2023
Well... if they start winning matches and also winning finals - they won't need the pokies.

What's the Net result from 86 000 Members on our Bottom line?
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:24 pm
s'dreams wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:09 pm
Over a week ago…
19 Dec 2023

What's the Net result from 86 000 Members on our Bottom line?
I guess using rubbery figures might have to do here… I heard that the average cost of an EFC membership is around $168.

Based on that glurb, you can extrapolate it out by the multiple of 86K and arrive at a figure of approx $14.5M

I would have thought it he a eh eh average cost would be more than that!