Denis Pagan

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Denis Pagan

Post by nomolos »

f****** disgrace the way the Filth are treating him.

Bring him in to fix the team, leave him with a trash list. Shithouse Board.

Then they try to knife him and try and appoint Barry Mitchell.

I hope the headquarters burns down, and all past premiership memorabilia gets destroyed as they wont be winning any in the near future.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

he hasnt been sacked yet has he??

does he deserve to be there? does any of the football dept?

I know that they were given a shit list but surly they should be doing better by now, 3 spoons in 5 years is ridiculas, they should be well further advanced in their rebuilding by now.

although I cant remember what year he joined carlton, or when the draft pick restrictions were.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'm buggered if I can see how they would be able to AFFORD to get rid of him. He's already said that he has a contract and expects to fulfil it so he won't just walk away from the money if Carlton try to give him the flick.

The (spineless) AFL have said they won't interfere but surely they can't let them get away with throwing away a heap of money just to change coaches.

And as nomolos said, their list is trash so what is he supposed to do?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Caroline Wilson got stuck into Kernahan big time in yesterdays age.

They've never been smart though Carlton!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Bring him back to Windy Hill
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

With that list, he has done well to get them to 3 wins per year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

they give him 5 years to get the club somewhere and they piss him off after just 3 it's a disgrace!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Reported on Fox Footy that he is safe
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

He's been pathetic.

Brittain without a substantially different list (although he had Silvagni) got them into the finals in 2001. Pagan has had four years and managed to get them to 11th, plus two spoons and a second last.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yes, confirmed. Is staying out his contract until 2008.

I feel a bit sorry for the guy; as others have already said, he clearly has the worst list in the AFL as well as limited finances to deal with, so how people can arrive at the conclusion that he needs to be replaced is beyond me.

The sad thing from Pagan's perspective is that what's likely to happen is that Carlton will be crap for at least a year or two more, they'll continue plundering the draft by finishing low on the ladder. After 2 years, Pagan will be given the arse, and by then, after about five years of plundering the draft, there's no doubt Carlton will improve and improve dramatically. Just a matter of time.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

antcl wrote:He's been pathetic.

Brittain without a substantially different list (although he had Silvagni) got them into the finals in 2001. Pagan has had four years and managed to get them to 11th, plus two spoons and a second last.
Reading some of your posts Im starting to think you have no idea.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

ZRS wrote:he hasnt been sacked yet has he??

I know that they were given a shit list but surly they should be doing better by now, 3 spoons in 5 years is ridiculas, they should be well further advanced in their rebuilding by now.

although I cant remember what year he joined carlton, or when the draft pick restrictions were.
Carlton will be suffering for 10 from the draft restrictions they were dealt and nothing could possibly make me happier.

f*** Pagan and f*** the scum why do any of us care either way!!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Call yourself an Essendon supporter? You missed a spoon, they have won 3 wooden spoons
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

bomberdonnie wrote:

Carlton will be suffering for 10 from the draft restrictions they were dealt and nothing could possibly make me happier.

Well i dont know about you idiot, but im also a Football supporter.

Yes, i do take an interest in other AFL matters.

I think we had this problem when i created the Hawthorn thread on the "old BT".
Well this is the new one, and if you are unable to form an opinion or participate in a non essendon discussion which evidently you still post shit. So dont post if you have nothing worthy to contribute.... Then go eat dick.

Grrr...I nominate this clown for a bluey award.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:

Call yourself an Essendon supporter? You missed a spoon, they have won 3 wooden spoons
only two under Pagan
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

nomolos wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

Well this is the new one, and if you are unable to form an opinion or participate in a non essendon discussion which evidently you still post shit. So dont post if you have nothing worthy to contribute.... Then go eat dick.

We are all entitled to our opinion my friend so my opinion is that you are still a c*** and should f*** off and let me have my opinion.

Is it OK if I keep posting as long as I dont hurt your feelings???

http://www.mylittleponyforum.com might be somewhere that suits you better...
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

Pagan is the most over rated coach by a mile.

He was gifted a Norf side with the likes of Schwass, Carey, Longmire, McKernan etc. 20 of the 96 premiership team weren't drafted by him. Not hard to win a flag when you have game plan of kicking it to (pissble the best) Half Forwards of this century in your line up.

Then there's carlton. Spare me the shit about 'salary cap penalties' etc.

pagan, like malthouse, has always got off easy from the press, never had the blow torch applied to him. Whenever a difficult question is asked, he stares down the reporter or storms out of interviews.

I hope he stays on with the scum. Go for the "3 peat" denis!
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
nomolos wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

We are all entitled to our opinion my friend so my opinion is that you are still a c*** and should f*** off and let me have my opinion.

Is it OK if I keep posting as long as I dont hurt your feelings???

http://www.mylittleponyforum.com might be somewhere that suits you better...
Fellas theres a time and place for everything. And this is neither. Both cool it. We are here to talk Footy and its OK to disagree but enough with the personal attacks. Its not needed. We are interested in your views on the debate but not on your fight.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

agreed lets all share our opinions and allow everyone to have there say...

I am with supersonic lets all sit back and watch the scum suffer under a 3peat... OOOOOHHHHH that will be a nice day!!! :D
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Gossy7

This line here is the problem, saying that he is entitled to his opinion and telling us what we should care about. If you dont care dont post.

Yes ive taken offense because in my vain attempts to talk about matters of football my thread has been belittled.

im willing to let it go.