SHEEDY: Lloyd's game best captain game ever

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

SHEEDY: Lloyd's game best captain game ever

Post by rama_fan »

Massive Call!

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 81331.html

I reckon I could think of a lot of bigger games from Essendon captains, just in terms of circumstances, inspiration and the value of winning the four points that game.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Lloyd was good but not that good.

I can see where Sheeds is coming from as Adelaide beat us by 138 points last year and it would have been in the back of some players minds.

Lloyd came up the ground to support the midfield whenever he could which is unusual for a full forward.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Lloydy was excellent. Sheeds is just talking it up for dramatic effect but he really did have quite a good game.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'd expect him to stay at full forward this week at The Dome where he usually plays well. It will be good to see him get a bag of goals.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

There was a bloke called Hird who I recall winning a crunch game off his own boot in an inspirational last quarter - as captain - against West Coast.

Oh and his Norm Smith in 2000 was pretty good too!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Lloyd sacrificed his own game for the benifit of the team. There is a reason why he went up the ground and Lucas stayed inside 50 and booted so many goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

This is just Sheedyspeak at its best. Letting Lloyd know that he is the man. Despite Scotty dominating the game, Lloydy is still the player that we need firing and Sheedy is sending him a message of reassurance.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I thought he was great as well, it's good to see him in a different role. Keeping the options open.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He was talking about a pure captains game, in terms of leadership and control out on the field.

He wasnt saying its the best he has seen a captain play, just in terms of leadership and such.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Windy_Hill wrote:This is just Sheedyspeak at its best. Letting Lloyd know that he is the man. Despite Scotty dominating the game, Lloydy is still the player that we need firing and Sheedy is sending him a message of reassurance.
If Lloyd starts next week like Lucas did you will see Lucas move up the ground and leave teh 50 for Lloyd. Stats arnt everything. If Lloyd had stayed in teh forward line, controlling the square would Lucas have kicked 8?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:He was talking about a pure captains game, in terms of leadership and control out on the field.

He wasnt saying its the best he has seen a captain play, just in terms of leadership and such.
Exactly it was about a captain play the role wihin the team.