Who you would expect to come in when fit?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Who you would expect to come in when fit?

Post by DC »

There would be a few players that you would expect to force their way into the team when fit and in form.

JJ & Campo

I think JJ and Campo when fit will be in the best 22. At whose expense? I dont know, but JJ did come into some good form late last year and still has some good footy left in him.

Johns

Sheedy project player. Looks to have what it takes. The forward line looks good with just the 2 talls and the speedy smalls and Hird. Will a third tall work? I can see Johns in the best 22.

Laycock

Will come back in almost straight away when fit I reckon. Hille cant do it alone, and Ryder looks good down back. Which only leaves Kep to play back up. Laycock is a must.

They are 4 guys I can see that would come in whe ready.

What do you guys think?
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Dyson, when he gets game time he will show you why is one of the most skillfull in our team...

Nash, him and welsh going toe to toe but i think welsh wants more of a midfeild role.. maybe him in slatts out

the cock, when he gets fit of course prob at keps expense as ryder is playing well
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Can't see Slatts getting dropped after his performance the other day.

I wouldn't say Johns when fit. We need to see him prove himself in the magoos first, show us he can kick 5-6 in a game, before we bring him up and work him into the forward structure.

The cock should certainly be in, when fit. Can be a crucial player as we saw on anzac day a few years ago. Hopefully he can become like that week in week out.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Campo is a waste of space on the list now. JJ can fit in. We need that second in and under player for when Watson is on the bench.

Johns will play, when we need him for the line-up. So if we play a team where we want to stretch the defence or they might have Lucas and Lloyd covered, then he can fit in the team.

I can see Nash taking Welsh's spot and Laycock is needed as teh second ruckman.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

After a win like the one in Adelaide, its a tough call. Lets see how the side performs over the next 2 weeks

I cant see Johns coming in after the way the forward line worked in Adelaide. This is a pity as I do think game time is what he needs.

I dont think JJ or Campo will be in for a few weeks.

Depending on form in the 2's maybe Nash, Houli or Dyson are a chance.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Laycock in for Bradley is the only certainty I feel.
JJ might come in for someone like Jetta or Davey as they are very young, but that upsets the forward line balance which I thought they were integral to.
The other one at risk is probably Slattery, which is unfair as I thought he did quite well on Sunday.

Nice to have difficult decisions to make. :)
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I think it's important that those who have been missing through injury play at least 1-2 full games with Bendigo before getting a game. Make sure they're over their injuries and have some match fitness before putting them in regardless of their name/potential.

No need for change from last week unless we get last minutes injuries at training.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

I'd worry having JJ, Pev and Watson in the team at one time. Too many midfielders with poor disposal, 2 of them to play at the max.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i cant really see who JJ is in front of who played on Sunday.. He'll have to work his ass off for bendigo and on the track imo
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

JJ comes in after a couple with Bendigo as he will have learnt from last year not to come in underdone.

Laycock a chance but again these guys need to get match fit in the 2's particularly if we are winning.

Campo can go!!

Johns I think will get his chance when we play teams light on for tall defenders ie Bulldogs, Freo (Johnson is out and now they have lost Dodd), Richmond etc.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Unless Laycock is fit i can't see there being any changes to the team this week. Bradley would probably have to make way for Chook due to Slats, Ryder, Licha and Welsh having good games.

Campo is a toughie, he is a champion footy player but do we put him in the lineup ahead of a younger player like Davey and Jetta... i don't think so. JJ would have to be included when fit but its looking pretty bad for Campo at the moment unless (knock on wood) we have an injury in the midfield.

Johns will have to prove himself at Bendigo for a while as will Dyson. No doubt both will have a role to play this year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Forget about Campo and Cole. Bloody disappointments if you ask me. Johns is no automatic selection....I said in another thread that he still needs to work on his kicking for goal. Maybe a few big games at Bendigo will give him the confidence with his kicking (he has everything else but that).
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I wouldnt expect anyone but JJ to come in at the moment, but we have to make allowances, as people will get injured...
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Ossie wrote:Laycock in for Bradley is the only certainty I feel.
Am I good, or am I good. :wink:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

Hypothetical - say Bolton has a couple of good games at Bendigo - do we bring him in as a reward or not.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Pazza wrote:Hypothetical - say Bolton has a couple of good games at Bendigo - do we bring him in as a reward or not.
not, you dont just reward a good game in the two's, otherwise reynolds would have been in every second week whilst he was on our list. Sadly bolton is not in our best 22, he's a great bloke but probably not in our best 26 therefore in order for him to get a spot we have to have injuries/suspensions simply because he isn't good enough to warrant a spot ahead of other fit players.
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Jason Johnson when fit should get a game. Did find form towards the end of last year. Although Makaveli made a good point about playing him peve n watson. And Johnson does need to be in form when he comes into the side. Don't want a repeat of last year with him. Campo I'm not to sure on giving him a spot in the side in front of youngters but would play him in front of a guy like Heffernan i guess. (when fit)

On the others I'd like to see play. Who arnt really injured.
R.Dyson and Nash (how is he going? injured?) they should be pushing for selection with good performances both have potential and with spots hard to get need to take their chances when given (thought nash did well when he had a chance late last season before getting injured).

Richard Cole also needs to make a mark but it doesnt look like he'll get a view into the squad. C. Johns should be playing @ Bendigo get some form their, we are to top heavy in the forward line with him. Bradley should join him @ Bendigo too.

The other two I'd like to see get some game time are Houli and Dempsey both don't need to make a mark and enter a cemented spot as such a Cole, Dyson or Nash would but some game time with good signs is needed. I very much like the look of both of these players. Can't see Jetta playing every game this year so they could fill in his spot.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gatsid wrote:
Pazza wrote:Hypothetical - say Bolton has a couple of good games at Bendigo - do we bring him in as a reward or not.
not, you dont just reward a good game in the two's, otherwise reynolds would have been in every second week whilst he was on our list. Sadly bolton is not in our best 22, he's a great bloke but probably not in our best 26 therefore in order for him to get a spot we have to have injuries/suspensions simply because he isn't good enough to warrant a spot ahead of other fit players.
Agreed.

Dont get the whole thing about writing Cole off, the bloke did finish 5th (? maybe 6th?) in Collingwoods B&F. He can play, just needs the chance.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I'd say JJ and Laycock and thats about it.

CJ has a long way to go and Campo should be happy he got a nice superannuation package.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

JJ, probably for Peverill.

Laycock is in this week and I agree he should be in.

I reckon Dyson should be in too, perhaps for Pev or Lovett-Murray soon and then see who makes way for Johnson.

Definitely not Campo. Probably not Johns either.

Nash? I don't think so. Welsh, McVeigh and SLattery can all play back or middle and I think are probably ahead of him right now.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.