Lucas for the Chas?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Lucas for the Chas?

Post by Sismis »

I'm chucking some dosh his way. 4th in goals, 5th in grabs, playing in a team with few shining lights. Well worth a dip at $400.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

He should be better than $400 but he won't win it. We havent won enough games.

Put some money on him to finish in the top 10 or something.
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

$400?

Some nutjob would plonk $100 on that for a laugh...
BT's resident umpire
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Nah...... Kicked 8 Goals last week and still probably won't get 3 votes. with West and Johnson in the winning side he may have to settle for 1 VOTE
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm preparing myself for the words "dual Brownlow medallist" to precede every description of a certain Sydney sook from September 25 onwards; it's quite nauseating already.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Lucas for the Chas?

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:I'm chucking some dosh his way. 4th in goals, 5th in grabs, playing in a team with few shining lights. Well worth a dip at $400.
You must be making too much money playing poker, if you are going to throw it away like that. Maybe you should try cocaine. :lol:
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm preparing myself for the words "dual Brownlow medallist" to precede every description of a certain Sydney sook from September 25 onwards; it's quite nauseating already.
Ugh I can't stand him, so lazy so often, a great actor and sometimes footballer - but "dual Brownlow medallist" is not a true representation of this bloke.

We could all name dozens of players who would be more befitting of that title.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Malky wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm preparing myself for the words "dual Brownlow medallist" to precede every description of a certain Sydney sook from September 25 onwards; it's quite nauseating already.
Ugh I can't stand him, so lazy so often, a great actor and sometimes footballer - but "dual Brownlow medallist" is not a true representation of this bloke.

Painful isn't it? But i'm already pretty much resigned to it. He'll win it because there's no one at Sydney who consistently competes with him for votes; compare that to his main competitors (based on the current market):

* West - Proven vote getter, but is competing heavily with Brad Johnson. Will be Goodes' main threat.
* Judd - I'd be amazed if a West Coast player won it, because there's 4 blokes who are all going to take lots of votes off each other. Kerr, Judd, Cousins and Cox will all poll at least a 12-15 votes. I reckon Kerr will go close to polling the most votes (but he's ineligible). Cox was on fire for about the first 6-8 rounds.
* Cousins - As above.
* Goodwin - Maybe, but doesn't do enough flashy stuff. Competes with Edwards, McLeod and Ricciuto.

My favourite smokies are Fraser, Lade and Pavlich.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Judd will always poll votes.

It doesn't matter how he plays he will always seem to get votes.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Agree that Goods isn't the best in the comp but has been far and away the best player for sydney again. he has just been awesome.

His goal running allong the boundary line showed why he polls votes. How does a 100kg + 6ft+ guy move like midfielder?

I agree he is unaccountable and fickle but he beats midfielders in airial battles and runs the talls of thier legs. In fact I hate him but if he wore red and black im sure id have a woodie.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Malky wrote:

Painful isn't it? But i'm already pretty much resigned to it. He'll win it because there's no one at Sydney who consistently competes with him for votes; compare that to his main competitors (based on the current market):

* West - Proven vote getter, but is competing heavily with Brad Johnson. Will be Goodes' main threat.
* Judd - I'd be amazed if a West Coast player won it, because there's 4 blokes who are all going to take lots of votes off each other. Kerr, Judd, Cousins and Cox will all poll at least a 12-15 votes. I reckon Kerr will go close to polling the most votes (but he's ineligible). Cox was on fire for about the first 6-8 rounds.
* Cousins - As above.

* Goodwin - Maybe, but doesn't do enough flashy stuff. Competes with Edwards, McLeod and Ricciuto.

The exact same thing was said last year and look what happened....
bugman
Champion of Essendon

Post by bugman »

robbie67 wrote:
Sismis wrote:I'm chucking some dosh his way. 4th in goals, 5th in grabs, playing in a team with few shining lights. Well worth a dip at $400.
You must be making too much money playing poker, if you are going to throw it away like that. Maybe you should try cocaine. :lol:
I tried to say no to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen.

Lucas won't make AA, let alone the Brownlow.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I'll chuck some on Scotty for most Essendon votes as well as Hird.

Because Hird could not play a game in the year and somehow he'll get votes, everyone thought he wouldnt get that many last year and he ended up topping our list.

Also money on Adelaide for most team votes and Reiwoldt for top 5.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Malky wrote:

* Cousins - As above.

The exact same thing was said last year and look what happened....
Cousins was very lucky to win it last year in the end; not because he wasn't good enough, but he only polled 20 votes, which is the lowest winning total since 1993. Him and Kerr very nearly took the medal off each other. Another problem is that Cox was better this year than last, in spite of his broken collarbone, and he'll get more votes this time around. Judd has also been better this year than he was in 2005, whilst Cousins and Kerr have probably had similar years to the ones they had in 2005.

My argument that a WC player won't win it because there's 4 blokes who'll take votes off each other might seem a bit stupid in light of the fact that Aka won it in 2001 and Black in 2002 when Brisbane were in a similar situation to WC this year (e.g., there was Black, Aka, Voss, Lappin, Power and even Headland (in 2002) all taking votes off each other).

But i distinguish the situation Brisbane were in back then and the problem WC have now by saying that only Voss went close in 2001, and Headland and Voss both went sort of close in 2002 to stopping their teammate from winning. This year, i really think that all of Cousins, Judd and Kerr will take votes off each other to such an extent that it will prohibit a West Coast player from winning it.

The problem with West Coast this year is that, in a given year, even a very good team will poll about 100 votes; of course, those 100 votes have to be divided up among the players. With WC, i personally think that Judd, Kerr, Cousins and Cox will poll about 60-65 votes between them, yet no single player will get more than 20. They're just too even and in many games when WC win, all 4 of those players perform very well and it becomes almost arbitrary as to who the umpires give the votes to, and in the end i think they just spread them around.

The exception i'm prepared to make is that a West Coast player could still win it if there is only a low score required; something less than 22 votes, as was the case last year. But if either Goodes, West or someone else gets up into the mid-20's, i think an individual West Coast player will really struggle to poll that many votes.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I agree WC is too balanced side and wont win it. So it's between Goods and West IMO, they were clear standouts in thier team's and whilst I really want West to win, I'm pretty sure it's Brownlow no.2 for Goodies, as Johnson will steal 3-4 votes too many to get west over the line (again).
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

I think West may have doen enough this year to finally snag himself a Chas. as good as Johnson has been forwards don't ever seem to poll well on the night of nights. Goodes has been spectacular, and will come close but I'll be putting my money on West.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

I hope West wins it. Im sure if he coloured his hair pink, or had some distinguishing characteristic, that he would have several Bronlows hanging on the wall. Been so close several times, though it counts for nothing! Hopefully he'll get there this year
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

1st- West
2nd- Goodwin
3rd- B Johnson
4th- Kerr
5th Lade

8th- Fev
9th- Lucas

thoughts??
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Lucas $1.45 for most Essendon votes!

I think I'm going to take the $5.50's for Hird. Stants is at $21.

James McDonald and Alan Didak are $8.50 to top their clubs brownlow votes, I think there's some value there.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Just gloating about everything i wrote in this thread. I am f****** brilliant.

FIGJAM!!!