Woeful Performance.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rem
Top Up Player

Woeful Performance.

Post by Rem »

Stupid Essendon stuff up. It was there for the taking being 48 points up and then losing by 3 points? Our first halve was outstanding - goals to Lucas and Lloyd, Lovett on fire and mid-fielders stepping up.

How can we lose to Carlton by 3 points but be up by 48 points? No one was manning up, it was just a poor team performance. There was also no talk. Was just a woeful performance by Essendon. How can we beat Fremantle and Adelaide yet lose to the crapest team in the league? Don't get me wrong maybe it was good to lose, but to Carlton.

If I was Sheedy, I'd be dropping Laycock. He is a dud. I mean, Kepler Bradley is SO much better than Laycock. He gets a mark and kicks on the full almost everytime. I don't know why we play him. He may be good in the ruck, but other than that he's just stupid.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Woeful Performance.

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rem wrote:How can we lose to Carlton by 3 points but be up by 48 points?
By letting the opposition outscore us by 51 points in the time remaining in the match. 48-51 = -3.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

If you were to draw any positives out of today was Winderlich who never stopped trying and I'm bloody glad this kid is getting a chance to shine.

Outside of that, bloody disappointing
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

bombercol wrote:If you were to draw any positives out of today was Winderlich who never stopped trying and I'm bloody glad this kid is getting a chance to shine.

Yeah, I agree. Licha was good. But the rest was pathetic. If we are anything that we've said we were, if we think we're going to be a top four side or make the 8. We need to beat the teams we're meant to beat.

Chances against Saints?
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Davey appeared to panic a few times, particularly in the 3rd quarter. Jetta didnt do much. But that is to be expected, we cant expect too much from them.
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Yeah, Davey did appear edgy. Jetta did well I think, but Lovett should have kicked that clanger and Lloyd when he marked should have kicked it rather than pass it off.

But.. ahh well.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Don't underestimate McVeighs performance today. He'd be leading our B&F at this stage, I'd suspect.

I also thought Hirdy had a very good game considering he was also our player who had spent the second most time on the bench - at least up until the last term. I dunno after that.

Yes the performance was shit. Carlton did not beat us, we gave it to them. Again.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

McVeigh played extremely well and he has been for the past two-seasons. He shows great leadership skills, especially that mark today.

Hirdy had 29 possessions so for someone who has lost their pace etc - he did pretty well. Haha, note the sarcasim in that. Hirdy will never lose anything he has, he's always going to be outstanding even on his bad days, he does something great.

You summed it up with us giving Carlton the win. But we have to bounce back against St. Kilda. If we are what we say we are, we need to show people that, really the players need to show that to themselves.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Davey, Jetta and Lovett (maybe not Jetta so much) were run down and caught with the ball far too often today. I can recall hearing a number of times either Davey or Lovett with the ball and then hearing one of the commentators saying Holding The Ball.

It wasn't fun listening.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Davey and Lovett run to fast and get lot when they try and slow down and kick on the run. Davey is abit like his brother, he runs too fast for his own good. When he tries to kick, it goes for a behind.

There's no composure, and it really showed that Jetta and Davey are first-gamers today. Still playing well, some decisions were naive.

As for Laycock, he needs to play some reserve games.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

bombercol wrote:If you were to draw any positives out of today was Winderlich who never stopped trying and I'm bloody glad this kid is getting a chance to shine.

Agree, but those two goals he missed in the first qtr were shockers and if he's going to make it as a player he needs to ice those.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

give the players all a break.

the loss will make us stronger.

1st quarter was typical essendon stuff.

we then lost our heads for a quarter and a half and will learn from it.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:give the players all a break.

the loss will make us stronger.

1st quarter was typical essendon stuff.

we then lost our heads for a quarter and a half and will learn from it.
As most have said. This loss will two either of two things

1) Make us into a pack of schoolgirls who go back into their shell and cry

or

2) make us stronger and get bakc to playing the winnings style of football we have played so far

Reality check? Hope so!

Let see what the boys are made of.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

After the final siren he just dropped to the ground, he tried bloody hard for 4 quarters unlike alot of him teammates.