DO NOT POST TONIGHT.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Nah, this shows our fustration with this team.

Beat two top teams then lose to this shit?

Come on, that was a pathetic effort, they should be shot.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm not all that annoyed (relatively speaking) because a) i didn't go to the match and so am not in the suicidal state i would normally be in after a match like that, and b) i'm not going to watch the second half because i'll only get frustrated. So i think i'm still of sound mind and can post :wink:. Some things to mention:

- That's the third match in a row we've played in stifling conditions and it looks like it finally caught up with us, particularly after the 6 day turnaround this week.
- We've beaten two possible top 4 teams already this year, so that needs to be borne in mind prior to launching into a diatribe about how shit we are this year.
- Sheedy won't get sacked before the end of the year, so there's no point suggesting otherwise.
- Fevola was the only guy that beat us (again). He was let into the match late in the 2nd quarter when we gave him two easy goals in time on, and the rest is history.
- We are a reasonably young team and will put in shithouse, brain-fades like that now and again. It's just a shame we had to do it this week, of all weeks, against f****** Carlton.
- We aren't a top 4 team, and Hirdy shouldn't get everyone's hopes up like that. Be stoked if we make the 8, because that would still have us as perhaps the most improved team in the competition.

So that's about all i wanted to say. Bear in mind teams like Richmond do what we did today about 10 times per year, and have been doing so for 25 years.
Bombers4Premiers
Regular Senior Player

Post by Bombers4Premiers »

Exactly, jimmyc1985. Couldn't have put it any better myself. Wish I could be as eloquent as you are. ;)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah actually Filthy is right but can't stop people posting, so just keep it constructive and limit the swearing even if there is a filter, we all know how annoyed everyone is, it's just a given
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Ok, I won't ... oops! :wink:
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

OK, no post, just a rant :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Red and Black Forever
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Aaaaaarrrrrrggghh! That bloody team of ours.

It's just like the Mrs., you love them so much but boy o boy they can give you the tom tits!!! :x
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It won't matter how many days or weeks it is, this loss may cost us at the end of the season. It has in the past and it will again this year. We may be looking back and saying "if only we had won this game we wouldn't be a game out of the 8" or "if only we won this game we wouldn't be travelling interstate in the 1st final" - and probably Hird's last game.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

48 points up and cruising, I thought, "How good is this!" as memories of last year faded even more into the gloom. Let's have a relatively easy win with none of the previous heartache of losing close finishes and the utter despair of relinquishing a solid lead. The "G" was a marvellous place to be.

What in Christ name went wrong!! I am not clever enough to analyse why Carlton were able to gain sufficient confidence to get such a roll on but I suspect we took our foot of the gas by thinking "How easy is this" and losing concentration.
Perhaps our younger blokes had not yet experienced how to press home the advantage when you get a flying start as we did. Perhaps several had never been in that position at that level having experienced so much disappointment over the past 2 years.

My biggest concern now is that of confidence, having squandered a match we should have won by 10 goals going away. The coaching staff have a real job in finding reasons for the slump, explaining them and rectifying them. The first 2 wins were no flukes against top flight opposition. We have got the ability to contest at a high level. The team need s to be convinced that they dropped the ball literally on this one and to to learn from it. No an easy task.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

rockhole wrote:48 points up and cruising, I thought, "How good is this!" as memories of last year faded even more into the gloom. Let's have a relatively easy win with none of the previous heartache of losing close finishes and the utter despair of relinquishing a solid lead. The "G" was a marvellous place to be.

What in Christ name went wrong!!
The team just may have had similar thoughts to yours.

That word...COMPLACENCY! :( :evil:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:It won't matter how many days or weeks it is, this loss may cost us at the end of the season.
What's it really going to cost us though Benny? You dont seriously think this team can win a flag do you? We have lots of young blokes who will have their ups and downs, and struggle for consistency. We wasted opportunities in front of goal, and still would have won if the maggots and any f****** idea at all. Am i f****** ropeable we lost to the scum? Yep. Do I think we are still heading in the right direction? You bet your ass.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:Do I think we are still heading in the right direction? You bet your ass.
ill bet mine too

stay excited people!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:It won't matter how many days or weeks it is, this loss may cost us at the end of the season.
What's it really going to cost us though Benny? You dont seriously think this team can win a flag do you? We have lots of young blokes who will have their ups and downs, and struggle for consistency. We wasted opportunities in front of goal, and still would have won if the maggots and any f****** idea at all. Am i f****** ropeable we lost to the scum? Yep. Do I think we are still heading in the right direction? You bet your ass.
If there's one thing that turns me into a frothing green beast, it's a loss to those pricks. I carry scars, deep scars of 99 PF. Level 2a Great Southern Stand has a broken seat somewhere. Since then any unexpected loss to those bastards has unleashed green spew ala Linda Blair in the exorcist.

What will it cost us?.....unknown. We obviously have to wait until the end of the year. But, as I've said, 2003 cost us a chance at playing in a home final because of our loss to a club who finished 15th. I don't know if we're a chance this year, but judging by today's performance - there's a long way to go. It may just be a case where we finish one game out of the eight and this is the game that cost us. Making the finals will give the kids valuable experience in playing in the big time, and prepare them for a real crack at flag some time in the near future, we hope.

But at the moment....I'm still very f****** green!
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I'm still fuming and I've had 2 nights sleep on it. Might have something to do with my sore hand after I belted my front door after they didn't pay that holding the ball decision and then they get it to Fev for an easy goal.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BERT wrote:I'm still fuming and I've had 2 nights sleep on it. Might have something to do with my sore hand after I belted my front door after they didn't pay that holding the ball decision and then they get it to Fev for an easy goal.
Which one? There was a terrible one in both of the last two quarters. My personal 'favorite' was the one in front of the Northern Stand in the third quarter. I actually try not to swear (the big 2) out loud too much when in the stands amongst children etc, but i lost the plot for about three minutes after that non-decision. Terrible.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Staggy wrote:
BERT wrote:I'm still fuming and I've had 2 nights sleep on it. Might have something to do with my sore hand after I belted my front door after they didn't pay that holding the ball decision and then they get it to Fev for an easy goal.
Which one? There was a terrible one in both of the last two quarters. My personal 'favorite' was the one in front of the Northern Stand in the third quarter. I actually try not to swear (the big 2) out loud too much when in the stands amongst children etc, but i lost the plot for about three minutes after that non-decision. Terrible.
The one in the last was when I really got angry. We were within a kick and it was a dead set holding the ball. They run it down and the chin takes a easy mark. Still filthy about it.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BERT wrote:
Staggy wrote:
The one in the last was when I really got angry. We were within a kick and it was a dead set holding the ball. They run it down and the chin takes a easy mark. Still filthy about it.
In my mind they were already gone by that stage so I wasn't as mad. Tell me the last time they have won a close one v Carlton? I still held out hope at that point, but pretty much as soon as they hit the front i knew we were f**ked.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I know I'm going to get shot down for saying this, but you've gotta' pay your dues to Carlton. Sure our midfield went missing for a couple of quarters, but to be down by that much and turn it around... :(
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:I know I'm going to get shot down for saying this, but you've gotta' pay your dues to Carlton. Sure our midfield went missing for a couple of quarters, but to be down by that much and turn it around... :(
The exact same words came out of my mouth at the end of the game....even though I can't stand the bastards.