Beaten in the Middle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Beaten in the Middle

Post by hillchaser »

Having had a few days to think about it... I would have to say that we were smashed in the midfield for the whole second half. They really lifted their work rate and intensity and we couldn't match it in the middle.

We missed a lot of easy shots and missed some free kicks but they did too.

Most of their recent draft picks have been really good midfielders whilst most of ours are KPP and it showed on Saturday. I thought we did pretty good but it's time to give Bacha and a couple of the others a chance in the midfield.

Watching on TV ... the thing that stood out the most was how hesitant Dyson, Lovett and a couple of others were to get the contested ball in the centre.

I think we'll do pretty well this season but won't challenge in the finals unless we can start winning some hard ball in the middle.

I can't help thinking that the loss might turn out to be a blessing in disquise.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Yes I thought Dyson was a bit hesitant, but we don't know thew instructions given, i.e. be in position to receive, lets others get it out to you etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Don't want to be a Nazi, but there are several threads where this has been discussed already.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

uptick wrote:Yes I thought Dyson was a bit hesitant, but we don't know thew instructions given, i.e. be in position to receive, lets others get it out to you etc.
True about instructions but when there was no one else to go in and get it he should have.