Lloyd/jumper story

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Lloyd/jumper story

Post by citizenerased »

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/l ... 36775.html

"In their white shorts and red and black jumper, Essendon players will, according to the AFL, look decidedly different from their St Kilda counterparts in red, black and white."

is it me, or is it not just the fans and players that think the AFL admin is a joke.

they are starting to bear a resemblance to the Bracks govt.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hey, THAT'S GREAT! I will now be able to tell them apart! :roll:
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

utterly disgraceful.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

What could the AFL do to the club if we just said stick it up your arse we are going with tradition??

I believe that Collingwood more or less said the same and what is happening to them??

Unless I am missing something here I am pretty bloody disappointed that the club did not fight more on this!!!

I like the sarcastic last paragraph of that story too!!!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

It's time they made a comeback. Bring on the red shorts!

Seriously though, I reckon most Bomber fans thought they looked pretty good last year... Am I wrong?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:It's time they made a comeback. Bring on the red shorts!

Seriously though, I reckon most Bomber fans thought they looked pretty good last year... Am I wrong?
I was a massive fan of the one's last year. I made a thread on it and seemed to get a few good responses. I sent an email to the club suggesting the snazzy new red shorts should be our alternative strip and leave the guernsey alone....oh well, I think it was too late by then.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

So are we wearing the red shorts on Saturday or not?

I was under the impression that we were wearing them in addition to the 'Tony Lockett-esque' jumper.

I know that Age story suggests we are but I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know?
Last edited by Madden on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:So are we wearing the red shorts on Saturday or not?

I was under the impression that we were wearing them in addition to the 'Tony Lockett-esque' jumper.

Does anyone know?
According to the article, we are wearing white shorts....
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I'm pretty sure that we are going to wear red shorts with the "clash" jumper.

If the Aints wore white shorts everytime we played them and we wore black there wouldn't be a problem. Even if we wore all black socks and they wore all white socks.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BERT wrote:I'm pretty sure that we are going to wear red shorts with the "clash" jumper.

If the Aints wore white shorts everytime we played them and we wore black there wouldn't be a problem. Even if we wore all black socks and they wore all white socks.
That makes too much sence, the AFL would never go for it.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

The pies apparently have succumb to the afl and will announce their alternate strip. Itll apparently will b the same but white and black will switch places. Thats wat i heard on the radio last nyt n e way :roll:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

JumboPaddy wrote:The pies apparently have succumb to the afl and will announce their alternate strip. Itll apparently will b the same but white and black will switch places. Thats wat i heard on the radio last nyt n e way :roll:
They presented their clash jumper last year...your description is accurate.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

But seriously, wouldnt it make more sense for ST Kilda to be wearing the White Shorts? (forget about home game status). In that way only one side would have White in their strip??
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Windy_Hill wrote:But seriously, wouldnt it make more sense for ST Kilda to be wearing the White Shorts? (forget about home game status). In that way only one side would have White in their strip??
Exactly, that's what I've been argueing since this whole non issue started.

Seriously though, what if we tell the AFL "stuff you, we'll wear our traditional jumper"

What are they going to do, kick us out of the competition?

Superleague anyone?
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I think it's a $5000 fine for each player if we wear OUR jumper. I remember last year that Sheeds said we will pay the fine if it happened in a Grand Final.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

The saints wear just as much red as they do black on the front don't they? So how is making our shirt more red then black going to solve anything? It will clash just as much!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

The AFL are a bunch of ********. There are plenty of solutions to this that don't involve changing Essendon's marvellous jumper and I believe that teams that have changed their jumpers drastically in the past (Melbourne wore lighter blue up until the late 80s didn't they?) or have had alternate jumpers (St Kilda's had about 100 of them in the past decade) that club should be forced to wear something different, regardless of whether they are the home or away team.

But here's my main argument:

GO TO A GAME DEMETRIOU YOU ****head AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN TELLING APART THE TEAMS!!!!!

Richmond and Essendon? The yellow and red stripes stand out a lot and white shorts definitely make a difference. Maybe Essendon wears red shorts to help but seriously I have no issue when at the game or watching on TV.

St Kilda and Essendon? They have white on the front and no red on the black. Maybe they should wear white shorts all the time. Either way no major problem. If there is, they should be forced to wear their white jumper seeing as they don't mind wearing alternate rubbish.

Melbourne and Essendon is harder, but our red stripe comes down further than their red bit and ours is on the back. Again white shorts makes a significant difference and they wear red socks which stand out substantially, even when pushed down. And again, I believe they used to wear a much lighter shade of blue and have worn red against us in recent years - they should be forced to do something, even if playing as the home team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I understand that we also have to wear the alternative stip when we play Ninthmond. I can see how difficult it would be to distinguish between a red sash and a yellow sash. Yeah, Right!!

For Christ's sake, who is really driving this farce. Who is the total tosser who has nothing better to do that antagonise supporters by dispensing with decades of tradition. And for what purpose???.... is it Anderson??
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Stupid AFL hairy palmed fits f****** tossers, I haven't seen a speck of mud on a jumper for years. Those tools need to get their eye sight checked if they can't tell the current jumpers apart. Lard guts the lot of them.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:I understand that we also have to wear the alternative stip when we play Ninthmond. I can see how difficult it would be to distinguish between a red sash and a yellow sash. Yeah, Right!!
Some people still have black & white TV's.... :roll: