Round 4 - Bombers v Saints

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

With Ball out I think Pev may get first crack at Del Santo should he play midfield. Pev is going well at the moment.

If he goes forward then hopefully Sheeds has learnt a lesson and will move Slats or MJ onto Del Santo.

We should put Licha on Hayes and exploit him for pace (even have him changing with Lovett).

We should be able to double team St Nick (Mcphee and Fletch).
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ryder on Kozzy would be great to see.

A third tall forward should play to expose St Kilda's depleted defence - I'd like to see Gumbleton play because Lloyd and Lucas are on fire and there wouldn't be anyone left to take him. However Johns kicked 7 this week so will probably come in.

I reckon Jetta should stay in the team. Yes he wasn't great, but that was mainly because he was hardly on. If he is dropped, I'd love to see Dempsey again.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Western Red wrote:With Ball out I think Pev may get first crack at Del Santo should he play midfield. Pev is going well at the moment.

If he goes forward then hopefully Sheeds has learnt a lesson and will move Slats or MJ onto Del Santo.

We should put Licha on Hayes and exploit him for pace (even have him changing with Lovett).

We should be able to double team St Nick (Mcphee and Fletch).
I think Pev is good enough to shut-down Dal Santo. While I have enormous respect for Dal Santo, but Pevvers could give Dal Santo a run for his money.

It'd be good to see Ryder on Kozzy - it would come down to the wire I reckon. Both are in good form. Gumbleton playing would be good - he'd create opportunities for Lloyd and Lucas - both equally on fire. Johns is a definite inclusion for the Bombers - he bagged 7 - you can't really ignore that.

I think Jetta should play a reserves game and come back bursting with energy for the ANZAC Day game. Next two-rounds are crucial to see where we are at. Dempsey should come in for Jetta - adding more pace to our mid-field and if Dempers sets his mind to it - he's a good running goal-kicker. So he'd help out Davey, Lovett, Stanton, JJ and so fourth.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

So Johns won't play, neither will JJ.

So haha, we all got it wrong.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Dont teams get named on thursday night :?
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

The duel that's got me most worried is Sheedy v Lyon. From what I've read Lyon was the architect behind Sydney's game plan. The master of the shutting down tactics. Going to be a real test for Sheeds I reckon.

It always amazes me how the duel of the coaches is never brought into calculations when evaluating games, either by the media or even here on BT. It's as if they (the coaches) have no bearing on the game whatsoever, which is a ridiculous notion....It just doesn't make sense to me....Time to put Sheedy's performance under the microscope, EVERY week, win, lose or draw; just as we do the players.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

pevfan wrote:The duel that's got me most worried is Sheedy v Lyon. From what I've read Lyon was the architect behind Sydney's game plan. The master of the shutting down tactics. Going to be a real test for Sheeds I reckon.

It always amazes me how the duel of the coaches is never brought into calculations when evaluating games, either by the media or even here on BT. It's as if they (the coaches) have no bearing on the game whatsoever, which is a ridiculous notion....It just doesn't make sense to me....Time to put Sheedy's performance under the microscope, EVERY week, win, lose or draw; just as we do the players.
Don't worry mate, if we fall behind the 8 ball and start having more losses than wins, there will be a dozen threads about Sheedy's performance every week :wink:.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gatsid wrote:Dont teams get named on thursday night :?
yes and it's 7pm and well what do ya know the bombers are the only team with out a team named, come on let me organise my dream team dammit sheedy!!!!

:lol:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Well on channel 10 tonight it was said that we aren't making any changes to the team at the moment... so davey and jetta and both playing and Johns, Campo and JJ will play for Bendigo against sandy this weekend.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

well licha has to come out so there will be one change at least
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:well licha has to come out so there will be one change at least
oh is licha injured... what did he do??
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:well licha has to come out so there will be one change at least
oh is licha injured... what did he do??
hammy tightness, they said he will possibly miss the saints and pies game but you would be pretty confident he will miss both
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i thought we would have got a friday night game because we were playing on the wednesday for ANZAC day. So if anyone comes out of this weeks game with a niggle like licha he would have an extra day to recover..

JJ was never going to play either rem.. needs more match fitness in 2's
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ball, M Clarke and Gram were all named in St Kilda's side...

All were ruled out earlier in the week.... :shock:
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

they wont play, ross lyon trying to pull a fast one on sheedy lol
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I hope your right Jazz and these blokes don't play!!

Don't tell Benny though as he wants us to take them on at full strength!!
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I'm pretty sure Sheedy will be doing his own fast one on Lyon.

If Winder is tight in the hammy region, then logically he will miss. I also feel that Jetta will be given a reprieve this week as well.

My prediction is two changes Johns, Dempsey in for the two named above.

I'm not sure if i'd rather Saints play with Ball, Gram and Clarke all slightly injured/underdone or not - Their emergencies are Gwilit, Jones and Voss.
I'd say that Clarke will play and the other two may be replaced
ie Gwilt for Ball, Voss for Gram.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

DYSON#2 wrote:i thought we would have got a friday night game because we were playing on the wednesday for ANZAC day. So if anyone comes out of this weeks game with a niggle like licha he would have an extra day to recover..
And Collingwood?

If memory serves years ago they used to occaisionally play two Friday night games, one in Melbourne and one in i think Adelaide, or maybe they only did this once. ANyway they don't like more than one Friday night game and definitely not two in Melbourne.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.