Headland Vs Selwood

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.

Did the AFL make the right decision regarding Headland Vs Selwood?

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 25

Gossy7
Club Captain

Headland Vs Selwood

Post by Gossy7 »

Just wondering your views on the decision.

Do you think it was the right one?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

no.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Voted No...

For years players have been provoked, and for years if that player has been sucked in he has worn the penalty. The tribunal put on there skirts last night, bolted a seat to the fence and refused to get off.

The Selwood one was always going to be hard to prove so there was no surprise to see that one thrown out (should have gone through mediation and not a tribunal anyway), But the Headland one was free for all to see.

The thing that pisses me most about this is that the match review panel go through video's every week with a fine tooth comb trying to pick some shitty little indescretion out that isnt worthy of losing sleep over in an under 10's match then throw something like this out. Not to mention Farmer got 6 weeks (couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke) for eye gouging alone, was his act any worse than the eye gouging going on between the two players in question here while they were on the ground. Then throw the striking charges in there as well...

Weak as f****** piss... Get off the ****** fence and have a crack, otherwise vacate the seat and give someone with a few balls ago.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I voted No. As this seems to be a bit of a bet each way.

Even if Selwood was misinterpreted by Headland I still cant get over someone seeing a tat like that and then proceeding to say something to the effect that he f-ed a girl like that last night. I mean if someone is going to have a tattoo of a person on them then that person means a lot to them. Even if you believe the Selwood version - which I dont - its still a mongrel of an act to say that.

Headland apparently tried to say to Selwood "you are talking about my 6 year old daughter" why didnt Selwood set Headland straight and basically apologise. He seemed continue to taunt him as per the Headland version of events.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

No,

The tribunal just set a dangerous precident.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Hmmm interesting thoughts.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i voted no but what are they to do when there arn't any witness's....
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Definately NOT!!!!

The namecalling was heresay amplified by the Media hype which went way overboard. Selwood deserved to get off, and I hope he successfully Sue's those in the media who labled him a pedaphile. Even if he did say what was alleged it says nothing more than he is an idiot. Im beginning to think Idiots are common at WC, maybe they all need some form of rehab.

Headland deserved 6 weeks. Clearly the Selwood outcome should indicate that the alleged provication could not be proven. So if you cant prove the provocation, how the hell do you clear the offence which can be proven. BULLSHIT!!!

Idiometreo says players should not think they can use this defence in the future. Well if they took Headlands word for it and let him off, why shouldnt the same apply to others. Hird might say "he made fun of my ears", or Lucus might say "he keeps telling me to handpass". Why should these be treated any differently as long as the player expresses significant offence to the comments?

I like Sam Newmans oppinion last night on the Footy Show. If its true then maybe its provocation, if it is clearly not true then its an idiot remark and should be treated accordingly.

From AFL administrators, to umpires and the tribuneral, they are all noing nothing but damage to this once iconic game that is becoming less australian every year.