Fletchers goal

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I was sitting almost right behind it and I went nuts! :D

And yes, Kossie, the big f*cking girl's blouse, whacked him just as he turned around. Gutless.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Awesome stuff and remember he almost did the same against Freo, that one just missed.
BenDoolan wrote: We've been active in both aspects of the game so far this season...

Top Marks: McPhee, McVeigh, Ryder

Top Goals: Jetta, McVeigh, Fletcher
Indeed, although McPhee is not eligible for MOTY because Stanton was paid a free for in the back on that play.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac wrote:Indeed, although McPhee is not eligible for MOTY because Stanton was paid a free for in the back on that play.
Hmm, is that official?

The way I saw it, the umpire called advantage......that means that bit of play WAS the advantage, the mark and then handball away by McPhee...

Boncer - are you about? We need an umpiring clarification here!
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

Was behind the goals at the other end on level two. Absolute blinder, moved about in the air too like no other kick I'd seen before.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac wrote:Indeed, although McPhee is not eligible for MOTY because Stanton was paid a free for in the back on that play.
Hmm, is that official?

The way I saw it, the umpire called advantage......that means that bit of play WAS the advantage, the mark and then handball away by McPhee...

Boncer - are you about? We need an umpiring clarification here!
Can't get advantage paid for a mark, which makes it even more likely that Stanton was paid a free.

But maybe the panel at the end of the year will just look at any mark where a free wasn't paid AGAINST that player or team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gossy wrote:Will be interesting to see if he gets goal of the week. From reports, Yze kicked a good one as did Hunter today. Would be great to see Fletches massive torp get the nod though, as it is so unique to todays game.
We've been active in both aspects of the game so far this season...

Sorry mate, I think you misread what I wrote. I meant the kind of goal Fletch kicked is unique, not an Essendon player getting the nomination.

Also in regards to Smokey, the mark wasn't paid, due to Stanton getting a free, and hence did not get nominated. That is official.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gossy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Gossy wrote:Will be interesting to see if he gets goal of the week. From reports, Yze kicked a good one as did Hunter today. Would be great to see Fletches massive torp get the nod though, as it is so unique to todays game.
We've been active in both aspects of the game so far this season...

Sorry mate, I think you misread what I wrote. I meant the kind of goal Fletch kicked is unique, not an Essendon player getting the nomination.

Also in regards to Smokey, the mark wasn't paid, due to Stanton getting a free, and hence did not get nominated. That is official.
Yeah, I know what you meant....I was just going on a different tangent saying that we have been flying high and kicking ripper goals every week.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Just saw Yze's goal on the AFL website. To be fair, it's an absolute f****** corker. Hansen's isn't bad in the wet too. It will be close. If those three were the final three at the end of the year it would be fair enough.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I have seen Yze's goal, but not the other two...

Yze's goal was total bs...and I have to say, I can't see that being beaten for goal of the year even with a 70m torp...
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Agree - every weekend there is at least 3 freakish snaps from the pocket.

There is lucky to be one 70m+ torp goal per season - and this year it was Fletch! (I know Lade kicked a monster against Freo at Subi in Rd 1 - but don't think it was a torpedo or as long as Fletch's - but maybe I'm biased!)