Changes for ANZAC Day

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Changes for ANZAC Day

Post by Madden »

Update:

Jetta's injury is apparently not as bad as first thought, but apparently will still be omitted as a precaution.

Hille - the club is saying that he has just had a bit of a knock and will be okay. He'll still probably miss.

So who's coming back in?

Word from the club is that NLM is a big chance to play - but most interestingly, Bradley and Bolton :shock: were conspicuously absent from the Bendigo side on Sunday...

Camporeale is also apparently desperate to play on Anzac Day, and Sheeds is still toying with the idea of playing a first gamer (however I think this is unlikely given that Houli and Gumby played pretty much full games on Sunday.)

Thoughts?
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Bradley and Bolton coming off a week and a half's break should look pretty good against a Collingwood side coming off a tough match and a four day turnaround... Bradley can pinch hit in the ruck if Hille's out and while Bolton isn't the most skilled player on the list, at least you know he'll run all day.

Coming off a four day turnaround and with the depth we have in our list at the moment my preference would be to bring those two blokes plus any of NLM / Welsh / Winders (if available) into the team. Collingwood had worse conditions and a tougher game - the more run we can bring in the better we'll be.

Injury management is a big one, too - I don't want to see Hird, Fletch or Hille playing if they're a risk. Hird missing Anzac day is better than missing rounds 6 through 9 with a calf or a hamstring.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I think both Bradley and Bolton coming in would be a disaster.

Perhaps Bolton and Jason Johnson

We need some grunt around the apcks on ANZAC Day

Expect Hislop as a smokey
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I heard that Fletcher might be out .. So that would mean Bradley would be fav to come in.

What better game for Bacha to make his debut
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

hillchaser wrote:I heard that Fletcher might be out .. So that would mean Bradley would be fav to come in.

Yep. Some bozo on the radio is saying he has cracked ribs... Probably a disgruntled Saints fan. Saw Fletch leaving the ground carrying the kids, didn't seem to be having too much trouble...

After watching Bacha, Lonergan, Reimers and Hislop yesterday I couldn't help but think that a run in the seniors might not too far away... Will Sheeds put them in for the biggest game of their careers? Who bloody knows... :wink:
Last edited by Doctor Fish on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
hillchaser wrote:I heard that Fletcher might be out .. So that would mean Bradley would be fav to come in.

Yep. Some bozo on the radio is saying he has cracked ribs... Probably a disgruntled Saints fan. Saw Fletch leaving the ground carrying the kids, didn't seem to be having too much trouble...

After watching Bacha, Reimers and Hislop yesterday I couldn't help but think that a run in the seniors might not too far away... Will Sheeds put them in for the biggest game of their careers? Who bloody knows... :wink:
Definitely someone will be making their debut. It's a Sheedy tradition of initiation. I'm tipping Houli to get a crack. Gumby is unfortunate that there are ample tall fowards already in the team.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

After watching Bacha, Reimers and Hislop yesterday I couldn't help but think that a run in the seniors might not too far away... Will Sheeds put them in for the biggest game of their careers? Who bloody knows... :wink:
Definitely someone will be making their debut. It's a Sheedy tradition of initiation. I'm tipping Houli to get a crack. Gumby is unfortunate that there are ample tall fowards already in the team.
Of Bacha and Hislop, did either of them not play a full game for Bendigo yesterday? Could be a big ask to have them play three days after a game.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swooper wrote: Of Bacha and Hislop, did either of them not play a full game for Bendigo yesterday? Could be a big ask to have them play three days after a game.
I personally have no idea, but that's a good point!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swooper wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

Of Bacha and Hislop, did either of them not play a full game for Bendigo yesterday? Could be a big ask to have them play three days after a game.
Both played full games. Houli will be a star, have heard big wraps on Hislop, but havent seen him play.

No one will be making their debut this week and on that, who was the last guy to make his debut on ANZAC day? I dare say it has been a while.

On Fletcher - If he had cracked ribs, would he have been on the ground in the last quarter? What you have to remember about SEN is that the callers are just guessing, that is all.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!