Fletch.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Fletch.

Post by rockhole »

Have watched the St. Kilda replay at least 6 times after downloading from Bomber TV (God, I miss Fox Footy!!)

Anyone see what happened to Fletch after the 3 mile goal. From the replay I thing Kozzy makes contact and then Fletch is in agony and goes off. I also have a heart attack as I believe that he is our most valuable player at present. He then does a Lazurus and returns to the fray.

Very mysterious!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

G'day rockhole

Couldn't help but notice your signature/quote at the bottom of your posting - if I'm not mistaken I think that's Tim Lane calling the last quarter of the 84 GF v Hawthorn. Dons down by 23 pts at 3qtr time - kick 9 goals in the last qtr and win by 24pts?

Correct me if I'm wrong! :wink:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Hi Tony. You are spot on!! I have Rossoneri to thank for this as I mentioned Tim's call some time last year as being so superior to Channel 7, and he came up with the actual script. I am going to write to Tim Lane to try and get a copy of the tape as mine is almost worn out.

Still believe this to be the most existing couple of seconds I have ever witnessed in an Essendon game as it put us in front of the '84 GF after being humiliated the year before. Baker was simply a magician.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

i got told by someone who went to the game that steven baker cleaned him up after he kicked the ball and that was what screwed him over?

not sure though, i thought kosi ran into him and did it but i could be wrong.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Fletch was laughing about it on the radio after the game. He ran into Kozi whilst celebrating his goal. Got a bit winded that's all. He left the ground because he thought he was going to spew... :wink:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Bingo.

And someone on here has the nerve to say that the new tribunal system is consistent and a step up from the old system. I strongly oppose that view.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant