F****** MAGGOTS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That was a disgraceful umpiring display.

Absolutely disgraceful. There are too many blatantly obvious frees that weren't called to mention... and the ones they did call :shock:

I will say though, they handed Collingwood a number of goals. The non-decision where Mal Michael was legged and brought to ground behind the play (about 10 metres off the ball) by Rocca (after the ball had cleared his immediate area) and not paid... then Lockyear (or Thomas?) picked it up for an easy goal. Just one example of a clear goal as a direct result of a poor decision.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We usually get the raw end of the deal against Collingwood.

That's all I can add as I haven't seen the match yet!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:The umpiring is always bad. Its just a regular occurance for me now.
Agree. And I reckon today had nothing to do with the umps - we were whipped from about the 5 minute mark onwards. (I will say more on this in another thread).
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The major reason we lost this game was: K. SHEEDY

On a 4 day turn around he brought two players into the team that were never going to give us anything. So in effect we had 20 players who had played a game 4 days previously, another player who gave us nothing apart from one goal and the most pathetic celebration I've ever seen after a hack has scored a goal, and the other f***** up at least 3-4 times if not 5-6 times that lead directly to goals to the opposition.

Make no mistake about it, the umpiring wasn't great for us today, but to suggest that is the reason we lost in absolute joke. We were absolutely pumped today, we had circles run around us, Sheedy was outcoached and did not change tatics all day. We should've lost by about 60-70 points and the only reason we didn't was Collingwood pathetic accuracy in front of goal.
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

We usually get the raw end of the deal against Collingwood.

That's all I can add as I haven't seen the match yet
Save yourself the anguish and don't watch it!
Save me Jebus!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Looks like we are making excuses - sorry guys. The umpiring may have been bad but I would suggest we were let off the hook by Collingwood's innacuracy in front of goal.

Lets not use umpires as the excuse.
Correct.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

ealesy wrote:The major reason we lost this game was: K. SHEEDY

Make no mistake about it, the umpiring wasn't great for us today, but to suggest that is the reason we lost in absolute joke. We were absolutely pumped today, we had circles run around us, Sheedy was outcoached and did not change tatics all day. We should've lost by about 60-70 points and the only reason we didn't was Collingwood pathetic accuracy in front of goal.
Spot on. I msg'd a Collingwood supporter straight after the game to say they should have won by 17 goals not 17 pts.

Smashed in the centre square - smashed at the clearances - turned the ball over like it was 2006 all over again. Couldn't believe how unaware we were all over the ground - how many times were we in space only to stand still or jog to be caught holding the ball - and not one of those decisions was wrong.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Some decisions were terrible.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Some shockers today, a couple in our favour, many many more to the filth. But didn't lose us the game.
Bleeding for the red and black
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

We didn't deserve to win today, Collingwood played better footy.

In saying that - I believe the umpiring made a difference. There were crap umpiring decisions made, blantantly shite - c'mon even the bearded clam thought they were wrong and he NEVER sides with us - at key points of the game. It was f****** awful today.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

While the umps didn't cost us the game, they were downright f****** heinous nonetheless. Again it was the non-decisions. No team's that disciplined that they only give away 10 free kicks in three and a half quarters (haven't heard the final tally).