BRADLEY, KEPLER BRADLEY.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:The bloke who he reminds me of is Judd Lalich - tall but with no position on the ground, terrible skills and zero decision making ability. Does anyone else see the striking similarity?
Yeah! Except Lalich wasn't a top 10 pick..... :x
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:The bloke who he reminds me of is Judd Lalich - tall but with no position on the ground, terrible skills and zero decision making ability. Does anyone else see the striking similarity?
Yeah! Except Lalich wasn't a top 10 pick..... :x
That's what hurts the most. We are so good at finding rookies, that if we could just have gotten 50% of our first picks right in the last 10 years, we would have a great side. Our record in the first round of the draft is fu*ked. Richmond probably only ones worse than us.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

If i had known that they planned to play him in a KP spot I would have said forget it. Silly me thought they were planning to use him off the bench as the 2nd ruck.

This bloke had an extra week's rest & there are no excuses.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

For what my two cents is worth to me Kepler Bradley seems like a person who hates pressure. And there is no worth characteristic to have than that in the Australian Football League.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

As big brother says... Its time to go Kepler Bradley
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

The fact that most players in the EDFL, and even those who don't play are a better kick than Kep is a worrying sign.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

I have witnessed some shockers....Ben Doolan, Aaron Hennemen, Mark Bolton but Bradley's performance today was a shocker....Unfortunately he is never going to cut it in AFL with his disposal by foot. Collingwood deserved to win today, but we could have been closer without him in the side.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

It was time to go a long time ago. He should have gone at the end of last season. He doesn't have a spot in any team. He cannot play football. It's that simple.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Should've picked Gumby. :(
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Staggy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Well i guess we are about to find out in the 10 days if Sheedy is serious about people earning their spot in the side. If Bolton or Bradley play against Whorefawn, Sheedy should be fired. (I have never said that before)
Big statement from you mate. And I agree 100%.

I'll take it one step further and say that if Sheedy has any integrity, (and unless a plane crash or something takes out our best 22), that is the last game Kepler Bradley should play for Essendon.
Kepler can only give his best. It is for the coaching staff to decide if his best is good enough. If our coaching staff pick him again this year, Sheedy should not be retained as coach end of story FFS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I have been a Bradley defender, and I still think there's potential there, unfortunately, he's too useless to fulfill it. He must not play for this club again. ever. EVER.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Symes, Raines, Clarke, Dunn, Waters, Murphy, Mundy, Moody, Adcock, Peake, Fisher, Rischitelli, Hartigan, Tuck

All players selected after pick 6 in 2003 national draft.

Keps = pick 6? pffft

oh and if memory serves me correct, bolton was a top 10 pick? gee what a pair we got here.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Staggy wrote:Spot the difference.

OO OO I KNOW PICK ME
Staggy wrote: Yes gatsid
The second one is good at his job :lol:
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I must admit that I particularly fell sorry for Kepler Bradley.

I too have given my opinion that I felt Kepler would come good and be a key player for us.

He did a few really good things today but unfortunately his clangers were bigger than Dirk Diggler's donger!

He must really be at his lowest ebb, confidence wise, at present, Ryder has taken his spot and at best would be facing plenty of time at Bendigo getting a game only due to injury - like today.

I hope he does find some form. I might be on my own, but I haven't given up on him yet.
The Dog
Top Up Player

Post by The Dog »

Unfortuantly Kep has poor decision making skills. He and Bolton do the same thing, they swivle their heads looking for an option then you see their minds ticking over "oh no!!! why didnt I take the first option??? Now i am going to turn the ball over the team will lose and i will never play again".

The only good thing about Bolts is that he doesnt get the ball as much as Kep.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I am never one to player bash but when your actually at the game and see it first hand i understand where people are coming from. He is the uncoist footballer on our team. I want him to become an awesome defender but it doesn't look like happening at all. Also disappointing Watson yet again why can't he kick all he does is handpass and yet that still puts us under pressure. My next game is in 2 weeks at the dome and I better see an improvement or else he is on the chopping block as well.
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

swooper wrote:I try to avoid bagging players on the web as a rule, but Bradley was just plain terrible today. I've remained optimistic about him but after today the optimism is all but gone. Sadly, I don't think he even deserves a chance to atone.
I'm the same in trying to avoid bagging players but as everyone else is, except Bombercol, he was absolute shite today and certainly doesn't deserve to wear the Essendon jumper on the main stage.
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I thought Bradley was one of Collingwoods best players yesterday.
The guy is a f****** hack, where are the blokes who said that he will be all-australian? The blokes who after the Carlton game said that he will be a star? You know your in trouble when Travis Cloke starts tearing you apart.
Never seen a more useless excuse for a footballer ever, has got to be the worst to ever play for the club. I would much rather henneman back in the team.

Can someone enlighten me on how he can be on his own 20 meters in the clear and still get himself into trouble? And lets not forget kicking the ball out of the full from 20 meters out.

The guy is an out and out retard and should never ever play football (or attempt to anyway) again. How he was taken in the draft at all is a joke.

If he was a horse he would have been taken around the back and turned into glue by now.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Sheeds defends Bradley and gets stuck into Mark Johnson....

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

SHEEDS DEFENDS BRADLEY ERROR
26 April 2007

Bungling Essendon defender Kepler Bradley was not to blame for yesterday's Anzac Day loss, but coach Kevin Sheedy conceded the first-round draftee must improve.

Sheedy also lined up midfielder Jobe Watson and out-of-form Mark Johnson as players needing to find touch.

But it was Bradley who was the focus of post-match discussion when his final-quarter mistake handed Collingwood's Tarkyn Lockyer a game-breaking goal.

Bradley's high, floating drop punt was picked off by Lockyer, who gave Collingwood momentum and an 18-point buffer that the tiring Bombers could not challenge.

The final score was 12.23 (95) to 11.13 (79).

Bradley, who played his 47th game yesterday, was taken at pick No. 6 in the 2003 national draft, but has yet to play to that lofty expectation.

Sheedy said last night Bradley had the work ahead of him.

"Obviously most people felt the kid transferring the play across goal hurt us, but he's a player still getting there. He's a player that actually has a fair bit to do to become a league player," Sheedy said.

"Some of those guys do take a while, particularly a big fella.
He knows he's made an error, but don't get gun-shy. A lot of players make errors. It wasn't his fault (the team lost)."

Teammates Dustin Fletcher and Mal Michael also were supportive rather than critical.

Fletcher: "You've just got to tell him head up and keep going because we all make mistakes. But he's going to get better, yeah. We've got to get behind him because it was a pretty important time of the game."

Michael: "I just said, don't worry about it, it's finished, you can't change it.

"If you dwell on it too much, there will be another one, and then another one, and before you know it the runner comes out and drags you.

"It's important he puts it behind him . . . that wasn't the reason why we lost."

Essendon's three-goal start yesterday was slowly overcome by a fitter and faster Collingwood midfield.

The Bombers' key forwards were beaten - Matthew Lloyd, who carried a corked thigh, by James Clement, Scott Lucas by Harry O'Brien and Courtney Johns by Simon Prestigiacomo.

The coach said he could name about eight winners.

Significant was Essendon's inability to take from half-back through half-forward. The inside 50s were Essendon 49 to Collingwood 69, a statistic that supported Fletcher's theory.

"We didn't seem to have enough targets to kick it to (in the forward line), and if you don't have that, it's pretty stagnant and you end up going backwards," Fletcher said.

"The first 10 or 15 minutes was all right, but after that the ball was getting shot around. There wasn't much movement through the forward line, so the backs sort of chipped it round and chipped it round, and we couldn't get much going through the centre."

Sheedy agreed, although he indicated that if he had selection again, he would opt for Bradley and Mark Bolton instead of younger legs such as Bachar Houli, Sam Lonergan or Leroy Jetta.

"We got off to a good start, but their running game was very good," Sheedy said.

"The area that Essendon could do with a few boys back would be in the middle of the ground, players like (Nathan) Lovett-Murray or (Andrew) Welsh or (Jason) Winderlich or (Courtenay) Dempsey."

Jason Johnson is a week away and Scott Camporeale maybe two weeks.

Sheedy said Mark Johnson, who started back and kicked a goal when moved forward in the final quarter, needed to lift. "He knows he's got to lift to be a better player and to get back to the best of Mark Johnson. He's not there yet."

He also conceded Watson's ball-getting ability - he had a healthy 23 touches yesterday - was being hurt by his sometimes poor disposal.

"He's making too many errors, but he's trying to get better," Sheedy said.

"Both Jobe and Kepler would have to say they've got to get their footy better."
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:Sheeds defends Bradley and gets stuck into Mark Johnson....

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

SHEEDS DEFENDS BRADLEY ERROR
26 April 2007

Bungling Essendon defender Kepler Bradley was not to blame for yesterday's Anzac Day loss, but coach Kevin Sheedy conceded the first-round draftee must improve.

Sheedy also lined up midfielder Jobe Watson and out-of-form Mark Johnson as players needing to find touch.

But it was Bradley who was the focus of post-match discussion when his final-quarter mistake handed Collingwood's Tarkyn Lockyer a game-breaking goal.

Bradley's high, floating drop punt was picked off by Lockyer, who gave Collingwood momentum and an 18-point buffer that the tiring Bombers could not challenge.

The final score was 12.23 (95) to 11.13 (79).

Bradley, who played his 47th game yesterday, was taken at pick No. 6 in the 2003 national draft, but has yet to play to that lofty expectation.

Sheedy said last night Bradley had the work ahead of him.

"Obviously most people felt the kid transferring the play across goal hurt us, but he's a player still getting there. He's a player that actually has a fair bit to do to become a league player," Sheedy said.

"Some of those guys do take a while, particularly a big fella.
He knows he's made an error, but don't get gun-shy. A lot of players make errors. It wasn't his fault (the team lost)."

Teammates Dustin Fletcher and Mal Michael also were supportive rather than critical.

Fletcher: "You've just got to tell him head up and keep going because we all make mistakes. But he's going to get better, yeah. We've got to get behind him because it was a pretty important time of the game."

Michael: "I just said, don't worry about it, it's finished, you can't change it.

"If you dwell on it too much, there will be another one, and then another one, and before you know it the runner comes out and drags you.

"It's important he puts it behind him . . . that wasn't the reason why we lost."

Essendon's three-goal start yesterday was slowly overcome by a fitter and faster Collingwood midfield.

The Bombers' key forwards were beaten - Matthew Lloyd, who carried a corked thigh, by James Clement, Scott Lucas by Harry O'Brien and Courtney Johns by Simon Prestigiacomo.

The coach said he could name about eight winners.

Significant was Essendon's inability to take from half-back through half-forward. The inside 50s were Essendon 49 to Collingwood 69, a statistic that supported Fletcher's theory.

"We didn't seem to have enough targets to kick it to (in the forward line), and if you don't have that, it's pretty stagnant and you end up going backwards," Fletcher said.

"The first 10 or 15 minutes was all right, but after that the ball was getting shot around. There wasn't much movement through the forward line, so the backs sort of chipped it round and chipped it round, and we couldn't get much going through the centre."

Sheedy agreed, although he indicated that if he had selection again, he would opt for Bradley and Mark Bolton instead of younger legs such as Bachar Houli, Sam Lonergan or Leroy Jetta.

"We got off to a good start, but their running game was very good," Sheedy said.

"The area that Essendon could do with a few boys back would be in the middle of the ground, players like (Nathan) Lovett-Murray or (Andrew) Welsh or (Jason) Winderlich or (Courtenay) Dempsey."

Jason Johnson is a week away and Scott Camporeale maybe two weeks.

Sheedy said Mark Johnson, who started back and kicked a goal when moved forward in the final quarter, needed to lift. "He knows he's got to lift to be a better player and to get back to the best of Mark Johnson. He's not there yet."

He also conceded Watson's ball-getting ability - he had a healthy 23 touches yesterday - was being hurt by his sometimes poor disposal.

"He's making too many errors, but he's trying to get better," Sheedy said.

"Both Jobe and Kepler would have to say they've got to get their footy better."
To suggest that he would select Bradley if he could have his time again is a bizarre statement.

Don't know why they are just focussing on that one major f*** up....there were plenty more coming from him prior to that.

I feel sorry for Keps. It's Sheedy's fault he is being put through this uneccessarily. He's simply not up to it yet, and his performances at Bendigo haven't suggested that he has turned into a competent footballer overnight. Take some damn responsibility Sheeds. You were right when you said it wasn't Bradley's fault we lost - it's your stubborn fantasy of believing he is something he's not and you put him in these situations where we end up losing the game.