hawks....toughest game of the season.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

RAMS wrote:
Watch the Hawks totally rape us out of the middle
Don't want to start a fight on this forum but can we come up with a better term than raped? That can be pretty offensive to a lot of people.

Apart from that, I think that whoever gets the job on Mitchell will have to wear him like a glove as he is excellent at clearances
I am fairly sure that it was figurative
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

RAMS wrote:
Quote:
Watch the Hawks totally rape us out of the middle

Don't want to start a fight on this forum but can we come up with a better term than raped? That can be pretty offensive to a lot of people.

Apart from that, I think that whoever gets the job on Mitchell will have to wear him like a glove as he is excellent at clearances

I am fairly sure that it was figurative
I didn't think it was meant literally.

But as I said don't want to start a fight and this topic is not about that, so maybe we'll save this discussion for another time and topic. :)
Save me Jebus!
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

How about i use 'murder' instead? Is that more appropriate?

Geez some people are precious!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

topdon wrote:How about i use 'murder' instead? Is that more appropriate?

Geez some people are precious!
Yes, "murder" is far less insulting. :lol: :wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

topdon wrote: Geez
Stop raping and murdering the English language Adrian.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Rossoneri wrote:You people must be very stupid if you think Bradley will get dropped. Sheedy is not going to want to be proven wrong, so he will put Bradley on Franklin, and move him off franklin when he kicks he 6th goal at the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter.

Ryder will be the obvious choice to put on Franklin, but rest assured, Bradley will be playing next week.
This is exactly what I am afraid of. We missed Hille dreadfully on Wednesday and that caused the domino effect of then having to play a clearly unfit Laycock in the ruck and then Ryder. It would have been better to throw Bradley into the ruck than what happened.

Apart from the umpteen clangers from Bradley Watson wasnt far behind him in terms of his kicking.

ALL I WANT IS TO PLAY 22 FIT and COMPETENT PLAYERS OUT THERE. GIVE THE LIKES OF LOVETT AND DAVEY MAXIMUM GAME TIME. WE A HUGE CHANCE PROVIDED WE PUNISH INCOMPETENT FOOTBALL. ITS CRUNCH TIME
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ryder would be the obvious matchup, but he is the only one on the list who looks like he could be an AFL ruckman.

Fletcher could take him I reckon.

Maybe even Lee.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Let's see if the "big man" Hodge will try to rough up Hirdy with Lloyd being there!

Ryder on Franklin would be a good match up.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:Let's see if the "big man" Hodge will try to rough up Hirdy with Lloyd being there!

Ryder on Franklin would be a good match up.
Lloyd has got to start crashing the packs like Johns does. Against the Pies, Johns was the only guy who looked like doing something.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Should be interesting...

For mine, Michael at FB, Paddy on Buddy, Fletch to help out and roam around at will pumping the ball long to Lucas at CHF or Lloyd on a long a lead...

In the middle, I would not mind seeing McVeigh get the starting job on Mitchell...

Hird on Crawf...neither player likes to pick up their opponent ;)
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Looks like Williams is out for a while with a knee and Bateman is in doubt with a calf. A couple of key players out - don't know if it means much thought.....
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Everyone stop worrying. We'll smash them by 6 goals or more.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Jim, I'm book marking this post to see if it will comeback and bite you.

But, judging by our form, we can beat the good/improving teams and lose to the shit.....so going on that we should beat the hawks.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Everyone stop worrying. We'll smash them by 6 goals or more.
You're a betting man (you're a lawyer), put money on it. The ill be confident.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'll printscreen my betting ticket when i lay the bet on Friday and post it up here for all of you to see.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I think if we can at least break even in midfield we will win the game. Put it this way, that is going to be their strength as their backline is weak compared to ours (who have they got down there who can take Lucas,Lloyd, Johns, Davey etc?)

Their forward line will also be exposed without Williams down there and we should be able to repel their attacks with our experience down there ie Fletcher, Michael, M.Johnson and the in form Ryder (who should take Buddy Franklin - great match up).

I am just worried about Hodge, Mitchell and Crawford in the guts.. They may well kill us there so i hope Sheeds can come up with a plan to combat it.. Thats where we need to get some first hands on it (not that it always matters) Lets hope Hille is back this week.
Play McVeigh on Hodge, Jobe on Mitchell (both true centremen) and Stanton to run with Crawford.

I think we should win by 3-4 goals but i'm still worried.. They seem to have the wood on us recently.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It would be good if Bateman didn't play. As much as he is a little c*** he played well against us last time.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Well I don't know why people are not tipping Essendon this weekend I know we were poor against Collingwood but the inclusions this week are fantastic and puts us back to the way we were in the first two rounds. Their backline will struggle to hold a Lloyd or Lucas besides maybe Croad but I am sure one of those two should run rampant on Saturday and it won't rain so i expect our skills to be extremely better than theirs. They have poor goal kicking accuracy where we have pretty good. Besides Franklin and the midfield we have nothing really to be worried about. Midfield will be the key to the team that wins.