Bendigo Today

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Bendigo Today

Post by j-mac31 »

Can't remember the score but Bendigo lost to Port Melbourne by about 6 goals today.
Really should have been more, but Port kicked terribly in the first half.

Gumbleton struggled - the kicks into the forward line were mostly horrible.

Johnson and Campo were largely ineffective through the middle, disposal letting both of them down as well. And Campo needs to expand his vocabulary a bit beyonf "f***", "f*****" and "f******".

Cole was alright in patches although got reported after an incident that started a brawl. Someone cleaned up a Port player not long afterwards but it was on the other side of the ground so didn't see who it was but nothing should come from it.

Jetta injured (as well as a couple of Bendigo players). Not sure what it is.

Lee did some good things but still got a few kicked on him and occaisonally made poor decisions in trying to mark rather than punch from behind.

Lonergan did very little, although spent much of the game deep in the forward line.

Houli had a great second half with some very good runs through the middle although missed a couple of gettable goals.

Can't tell Reimers, Hocking and Hislop apart from a distance well enough to really tell how they did.

Bendigo was smashed in the ruck, not having McKinnon hurt. Manning up through the middle was almost non-existant and Port often had three or four players getting to the drop of the ball to Bendigo's one or two.

Out of the Bendigo players, Jason Cloke was suprisingly good and interesting to see his dad giving him advice at 3/4 time. Skipworth was injured in a marking contest and it looked like someone landed on him, but I think he's done his knee judging by the way he didn't get up and was holding it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Cheers for that.

Apparently Cloke has bee killing it in the 2's, but whats the deal with having his old man giving him advice at 3/4 time? How old is this guy? 10?

Surely Houli would be a better option in the team than say a Bolton or Bradley (especially if Hille comes in)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:Apparently Cloke has bee killing it in the 2's, but whats the deal with having his old man giving him advice at 3/4 time? How old is this guy? 10?
Nothing's changed. Old man river used to give instructions to his kids when they were playing school footy, presumably on the basis that he could coach better than anyone else who was in charge. That's despite the fact that, having had D. Cloke address our school team at a pie night, i quickly reached the conclusion i will never meet anyone dumber in my life. Ever. The guy struggles to elocute anything beyond one syllable.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Thanks for the update J-Mac
Bleeding for the red and black
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rama injured too - strained abductor.

And Jetta's was that groin again.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

So much for Jetta's original groin injury not being as bad as they thought. Sounds like he should not have played.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

danstar84 wrote:So much for Jetta's original groin injury not being as bad as they thought. Sounds like he should not have played.
The new Shane Watson?!
Bleeding for the red and black
Rem
Top Up Player

Post by Rem »

Haydn Skipworth out for the season he snapped his patella tendon.
Jetta groin.
Rama groin.
Maddern concussion.

While Cole and Hislop are on report. Houli killed it with 31 possessions.
Andy Lovett - no. 1
Blidge
On the Rookie List

Post by Blidge »

Hislop on report? hasn't he already gone this year for something?
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Apparently Cloke has bee killing it in the 2's, but whats the deal with having his old man giving him advice at 3/4 time? How old is this guy? 10?
Nothing's changed. Old man river used to give instructions to his kids when they were playing school footy, presumably on the basis that he could coach better than anyone else who was in charge. That's despite the fact that, having had D. Cloke address our school team at a pie night, i quickly reached the conclusion i will never meet anyone dumber in my life. Ever. The guy struggles to elocute anything beyond one syllable.
Were you a Yarra Valley boy mate?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

rama_fan wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Were you a Yarra Valley boy mate?
Nup. I went to the school the Clokes went to before they moved to Yarra Valley. Cam was in my year level (actually had the locker above me for two years) and Jason was in my older brother's. I think they moved to Yarra Valley because they weren't the best players in their respective teams when they were at the school i went to. That, and the fact they lived in Ringwood so Yarra Valley was a more logical choice of school.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Houli to be added into the team to face the Hawks. After Anzac day alot of peopel have been asking that this kids get a gaem. He keeps playing wel and I think he will get his first game.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Blidge wrote:Hislop on report? hasn't he already gone this year for something?
Yeah...he copped a week (I think) after being reported in round 1
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Did Cole and Hislop get rubbed out??

Its disappointing to see that Bendigo have so many injuries, especially with Rama and Skipworth. Hayden was trying so hard this year to get back on an afl list and to injure his knee like that is a tragedy. Good to see Cloke playing well but our ruck stocks are miserable, we should have held onto Cartledge for one more year or at least recruited one via the trade of draft.