Johns to CHF

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Johns to CHF

Post by DC »

I think Johns should be moved to CHF and Lucas to a flank or pocket.

Im not saying this because I think Lucas in suffering from poor form after one bad game, but rather to get Johns into the game more. Lucas has shown he can play in many different positions and still be effective. Have Lucas lead down the ground or rotate with Lloydy at FF when Lloydy leads up the ground.

I think Johns is ready to take over a few games maybe, he just doesnt seem to have the chance to. With Lloyd and Lucas as the 2 BIG targets it makes it very difficult for Johns to get amongst it. At CHF players will have to look for him, plus he is big you cant miss him charging out.

Just a thought...
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

I'm not sure that doing that will add anything to the team. Lucas is, or was, comp's leading goal scorer(haven't seen the table after round 5) and Lloyd is Lloyd.

I agree that the three of them in the forward line doesn't overly work but you can't remove Lucas just so Johns can get a bit of form.

They need to figure out a way to make it work at training or otherwise Johns' role will be in the VFL until injury/form badly effects one of the others.
Save me Jebus!
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

Johns FF
Lucas CHF
Lloyd roaming forward.
the goal he scored after cleaning up R Shaw on Wed was great. if he could exert a presence in the attacking middle, then press up forward to receive the ball for a goalkick a la the way Fev, Hall and Tredrea can push up the ground, we may have an option to really break up opposition defences and mix up their defensive man-ups.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We all know Johns has the talent but he just hasn't shown it enough times to warrant big roles. Hopefully he can work up some confidence and show everyone what he can do.