Illegal Hawks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Illegal Hawks

Post by Jazz_84 »

Sheedy has just done a good thing for our chances this weekend, by adding a bit of spice to the game this weekend.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsA ... wsId=42472

what does scare me though is he talks about bolton and kepler are in the mix to take on Franklin, now if kepler gets him first, sorry but game over! franklin will run a muck, surely Sheedy wont do this???

i dont think double teaming him is the answer, leaves a loose man in attack theroretically of course.... and he has almost ruled out Ryder, so i would go with McPhee for sure. but just typing this im thinking our back line is very strong with Mal, Fletcher and McPhee surely the likes of bradley, bolton and ryder shouldn't even be tossed up, what you guys think?
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Illegal Hawks

Post by uptick »

Jazz_84 wrote:Sheedy has just done a good thing for our chances this weekend, by adding a bit of spice to the game this weekend.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsA ... wsId=42472

what does scare me though is he talks about bolton and kepler are in the mix to take on Franklin, now if kepler gets him first, sorry but game over! franklin will run a muck, surely Sheedy wont do this???

i dont think double teaming him is the answer, leaves a loose man in attack theroretically of course.... and he has almost ruled out Ryder, so i would go with McPhee for sure. but just typing this im thinking our back line is very strong with Mal, Fletcher and McPhee surely the likes of bradley, bolton and ryder shouldn't even be tossed up, what you guys think?
Sheeds said in his media conference that he had to play the "Bs" on Anzac day because he didn't have running players available. He has them this week , ergo, no Bs Saturday He slumps to his knees in prayer.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hang on. The article says:

"Mark Bolton, Adam McPhee, Kepler Bradley or Dustin Fletcher are possible candidates, but Sheedy said youngster Patrick Ryder was unlikely to get the job despite his encouraging form"

Sheedy isn't quoted as saying that Bolton and Bradley are candidates for the job - the only thing Sheedy said is that Ryder won't get the job. The article saying "Bolton... (and) Bradley are possible candidates" could just be the opinion of the author of the article. Unless there's some footage or a soundbite of what Sheedy actually said?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I've learned not to pay too much attention to what he says at press conferences, he's a classic chameleon. However, by targetting an umpiring issue, it may come back to bite us in the arse.....
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

BenDoolan wrote:I've learned not to pay too much attention to what he says at press conferences, he's a classic chameleon. However, by targetting an umpiring issue, it may come back to bite us in the arse.....
Hearing you, just setting the record straight, as to what he said at his press conference As to whether it's worth believing what he says, that's a completly different situation.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I will be making Buddy franklin my dream team captain if bradley gets the job!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:I've learned not to pay too much attention to what he says at press conferences, he's a classic chameleon. However, by targetting an umpiring issue, it may come back to bite us in the arse.....
Alternately Ben, it may make the umpires more aware of it and they may actually pay a few free kicks our way (he says in a cloud of optimistic fervour)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

I listened to his press conference on BomberTV and he was the one who mentioned all of the players mentioned above. He said their names with a question mark and stated that mistakes like Bradley's kick across the goal square was something every player does throughout their career.

To me that was the icing on the cake that mistake with respect to all the other mistakes Bradley made on that day and on other days.

Makes me wonder what is to come with the Bradley's of the world with respect to getting a game. Very concerning.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey