Make the moat of it...........

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Make the moat of it...........

Post by auditor »

make the most of it Kevin it's your last season.

The game has now passed you.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

What's a f***'n moat? Or dont they teach you English in accountants school?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

robbie67 wrote:What's a f***'n moat? Or dont they teach you English in accountants school?
The water round the castle, stops people from gettin in or atleast i think thats what its for.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

He might not be able to spell or type - but I think he's on to something.

Sheeds did nothing to help our cause today. The Fletch to Buddy move was 10 min too late. He hasn't got a tactic to beat the flood, our centre square is a mess (despite the stats that reckon we had more clearances up to half-time).
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

We dont make those turnovers coming out of half back, we win the game. It was fking skill errors, and dumb decisions. Nothing to do with the coaching.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

It all starts from the top robbie
It just fell out of the sky
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

sheedy can't control what the players are thinking when they have the ball, he can however organise the setup to get players making leads to make these decisions easier for the ball carrier
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

auditor wrote:It all starts from the top robbie
Yeah, I can just see West Coast sacking Worsfold because "it all starts at the top".

Blame him all you like for our shit house recruiting, and playing Bradley, Bolton etc etc. But that rubbish served up today was from players that didnt want to do the hard things.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

touche jazz....it all starts from the top
It just fell out of the sky
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i wasn't exactly agreeing with you, just saying there is an element of both views here, players have to stand up if they dont then hello draft picks
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

Watched the game with my wife and she commented several times on how come when Essendon had the ball they were under pressure from the Hawks, but, when Hawthorn had it their midfield players seemed to have time.

The major reason has to be that Bombers players were not prepared to work hard defensively through the midfield. It can't be fatigue after we had 3 days extra break. The skill errors didn't help but there was too many Essendon plyers not running hard enough today.
Save me Jebus!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I agree that the cause of today's loss was just a complete lack of ticker, coupled with bad skills. I'll blame Sheeds for persisting with players i don't agree with (Bolton and Watson), but even with different selections we still would've been comfortably beaten.

Skill level was woeful from numerous players, most of them experienced. And i was disgusted how badly outrun we were coming off a 10 day break - i can only conclude we just didn't mentally turn up today.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

RAMS wrote:Watched the game with my wife and she commented several times on how come when Essendon had the ball they were under pressure from the Hawks, but, when Hawthorn had it their midfield players seemed to have time.

The major reason has to be that Bombers players were not prepared to work hard defensively through the midfield. It can't be fatigue after we had 3 days extra break. The skill errors didn't help but there was too many Essendon plyers not running hard enough today.
Along similar lines - how come when we marked the Hawks would do everything possible on it - often managed to get some extra centremetres (got pinged a couple of 50s for it too). But when the Hawks marked we step back a metre or so, the player who takes the mark doesn't even have to back peddle to get enough space to kick over the mark. I really don't get why we do this - the player doesn't go back far enough to block leading space - and puts no pressure on the man with the ball. The more I think about it the more I think we are clearly a dumb unit.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We were comprehensively whipped by Hawthorn today. They were ferocious at the ball and at the man with the ball. They taught us a lesson today. Apart from the first 15 minutes, they had the game in control. We have far too many soft players in the team who leave all the hard work to too few.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Hird'y picks top four, our President said, apparently, that Sheedy will stay if we finish 7, 8 or 9th. Started the yr winning games, now we start games winning qtrs, soon, it'll be 2006 rervisited the way the trend is going.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I dont understand the game plan. If hawthorn had a loose man in our forward line, where was our loose man?

Wy was Johns and Lucas so far up the ground, at the same time? I counted around 4 times we went forward and there was no one to kick to.

The constant handballing is f****** annoying.

You could see out of the center, Hawthorn had a plan. When a Hawthorn player got the ball from the ruck tap, he would be going backwards. All players would go right, except three. two of them ran to the left wing to space and the player with the ball handpassed to a player running through heading towards the wing, who would then eventually pass it to the two players in space.

In the rare occurence that softcock won the tap, all the players seemed to do was quick kick to CHF. Kinda falls down if they have a spare man in defence.

And why did sheeds wait until Franklin had 9 on the board beroe he put winderlich in front of him?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robbie67 wrote:We dont make those turnovers coming out of half back, we win the game. It was fking skill errors, and dumb decisions. Nothing to do with the coaching.
The first sentence I agree with. The last, I'm not so sure. I want to know where the hell our forward line disappeared to for half the game. It was like they all went out for coffee for about 45 minutes then decided to come back and see how the rest of the team were doing without them.

I will say, on the up side, we kicked straight todat. 15 goals 6 behinds (including 3 rushed behinds).

I say, we don't make those skill errors at half back and we have a forward line, we win. Some really dumb decision making across half forward hurt (which is included in that forward line comment).
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Boyler_Room wrote:
robbie67 wrote:We dont make those turnovers coming out of half back, we win the game. It was fking skill errors, and dumb decisions. Nothing to do with the coaching.
The first sentence I agree with. The last, I'm not so sure. I want to know where the hell our forward line disappeared to for half the game. It was like they all went out for coffee for about 45 minutes then decided to come back and see how the rest of the team were doing without them.

I will say, on the up side, we kicked straight todat. 15 goals 6 behinds (including 3 rushed behinds).

I say, we don't make those skill errors at half back and we have a forward line, we win. Some really dumb decision making across half forward hurt (which is included in that forward line comment).
It's simple why the forward line didnt function. Hille, and Lloyd. Johns and Lucas were both moving up the ground to provide the targets Hille, and Lloyd have done all season. Even last week, whne it was just Hille out, this hurt our structure. Now take Lloyd out of there as well, well what do you expect?