Johns

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Johns

Post by king_rasto »

Who else thought he was good today?
I thought he was far better then Lucas.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I reckon he's, without a doubt, close to securing a permanent spot in our forward line. He's got the size, he can take marks and can kick goals. I reckon he's got a bright future in the mighty (not so much today) red and black. :D
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Played well, kicked a couple and set up a few. Shining light in our forward line. If only he got the delivery that Franklin had.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Only thing about him that i find is, when Lloyd is playing, he finds it difficult to play up the ground. He is much much better out of the goal square. Although i know Lloyd has been playing up the ground alot this year, he does play most of his time out of the square. Johns is a player that just leads out of the goal square, and has kinda no clue when playing on the flanks
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

lozza89 wrote:Only thing about him that i find is, when Lloyd is playing, he finds it difficult to play up the ground. He is much much better out of the goal square. Although i know Lloyd has been playing up the ground alot this year, he does play most of his time out of the square. Johns is a player that just leads out of the goal square, and has kinda no clue when playing on the flanks
Yeah I agree with this - but surely one of the coaches at the club could give him some sort of advice/hints about what to do? Surely that's what coaches are for?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He may not have done a lot today, but he did contribute and did well I thought. The kid is still developing, and I believe he looks more composed than last year. If he remains injury free, he will be a vital player for us in a couple of years. He's making good progress, unlike some others....
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I think he has real promise.

If he can only play out of the goal square then so be it - play him out of the goal square - let Lloyd play further up the ground.

Did some really good things today - and his kicking has improved out of sight. Loves to apply tackles too - which suggests to me that he is a team player.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Three talls doesn't work in the modern game. Thats the only thing against Courtney Johns.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
lozza89 wrote:Only thing about him that i find is, when Lloyd is playing, he finds it difficult to play up the ground. He is much much better out of the goal square. Although i know Lloyd has been playing up the ground alot this year, he does play most of his time out of the square. Johns is a player that just leads out of the goal square, and has kinda no clue when playing on the flanks
Yeah I agree with this - but surely one of the coaches at the club could give him some sort of advice/hints about what to do? Surely that's what coaches are for?
I think Dean Wallis is our forwards coach (nuff said)
Bleeding for the red and black
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Set up 2 goals in the third quarter simply by running hard and splitting packs open.

We need him to play, he actually leads to the player with the ball.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!