Davey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Davey

Post by stryper »

What a player.
Is electrifying with his pace,hard tackles and confidence boosting play...
Not to mention his goal kicking ability...
He is exciting to watch week in week out...
What a pickup for us...

Weel done!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Pretty sad when the probable best and fairest is a first year player.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Very disappointed that f*** all players went up to him after he kicked his 2nd inspirational goal. A bit of damn appreciation from his team mates wouldn't go astray.....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Very disappointed that f*** all players went up to him after he kicked his 2nd inspirational goal. A bit of damn appreciation from his team mates wouldn't go astray.....
Maybe they were picking up their opponents?

Nah, that definitely wasnt the reason.

Maybe they are ashamed that a guy in his 6th game is quicker, more skillful and more hungrier than them? Not to mention a better tackler and the only bloke who doesnt worry about what he looks like in the mirror (apart from Pev)
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Very disappointed that f*** all players went up to him after he kicked his 2nd inspirational goal. A bit of damn appreciation from his team mates wouldn't go astray.....
Maybe they were picking up their opponents?

Nah, that definitely wasnt the reason.

Maybe they are ashamed that a guy in his 6th game is quicker, more skillful and more hungrier than them? Not to mention a better tackler and the only bloke who doesnt worry about what he looks like in the mirror (apart from Pev)
Very funny, but very true I think.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Can you tell how pissed off I am?

We looked so hungry for the first 3-4 weeks. our pressure at the ball and the man was incredible. But the past couple of weeks, we have been worse than 2006.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well I hate to say it, but we are soft. We haven't got enough guys willing to get in the trenches and help out a team mate. I noticed from the stand that a few players were just holding back reluctantly wanting to get involved in contests, scrimages and other scraps. I won't name them, but will if they don't start showing some hardness.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Rossoneri wrote:the only bloke who doesnt worry about what he looks like in the mirror (apart from Pev)
Geez... the only time Pev wouldn't worry about what he looks like in the mirror is if he was wearing a hard tag from Cameron Ling.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought some of what Davey did would have inspired the side. It would help any other side out.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

He did do some inspiring things yesterday and was once again one of our best. It was just a pity that about half of his team mates forgot how to play football and also forgot how to give the ball to thier team mates instead of the ground or opposition!!!!

Poorest display of skills i have seen by an AFL side in ages. If half of the side had the enthusiasm and confidence of Davey instead of worrying about personal stats, like we did in our wins this year, we would be going a lot better.

Mind you, it is all there, but for some reason, has dissappeared for now!!
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

Will be happy when we get over this 3 Wins the same as last season. Too many passengers yesterday and handball skill wasn't there. Need some youth injection to get some enthusiasm going like the first few rounds.
Houli, Hislop and Gumby might be the go!
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He has some highlights reel already, and it's only R6! The last two weeks the little highlights thing on bombertv has been ONLY him. :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Rossoneri wrote:Can you tell how pissed off I am?

We looked so hungry for the first 3-4 weeks. our pressure at the ball and the man was incredible. But the past couple of weeks, we have been worse than 2006.
agreed...

Davey is leading by example.... but unfortunately the rest of the "senior" players aren't following his Lead
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:He has some highlights reel already, and it's only R6! The last two weeks the little highlights thing on bombertv has been ONLY him. :lol:
Exactly!

And they couldn't even fit in the incredible smother, chase and dive to win the free kick in the forward pocket....