Bradley at Bendigo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Bradley at Bendigo

Post by andrewb »

Best on ground for bendigo this week. Really killed them apparently and was marking everything playing across half forward and on the wing. Great to see - hopefully Sheeds will leave him down there for a couple more months (at least) so that he can come back breathing fire and make a proper go of it.

Houli also in the best again.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Exactly! No point bringing him back after one good game.

Once he works on his kicking and gets that right, then he can come back into the seniors.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Apparently he was good at CHF.

This makes sense because the forward line involves less decision making prowess and less pressure than the backline - e.g. you mark the ball and if you're within 50m, you shoot, and if not you stop and try to hit a target who is within 50m. As Bradley is hopelessly inept in any sort of pressure situation where he's required to make a quick decision, namely in defence, it makes sense that he should be played up forward. His best game last year was also against Brisbane where he played up forward.

..........But the problem with that is that there's at least 3 key forwards higher in the pecking order than him (Lucas, Lloyd, Johns). Gumbleton might also be higher.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Needs to string a half dozen games just like that. Good luck to him!

Houli will play next week. Good luck to him also!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote: Houli will play next week. Good luck to him also!
No he wont!
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Unless we have a bad run wtih injuries, he's never going to crack into the team as a forward.

Good on him though for keeping his head up. I like the way Essendon abd Sdeedy looks after their players. That clown Wallace has a mutiny on his hands out at Richmond after getting rid of Gaspar.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
No he wont!
Did he get injured? If not, why not?
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Surely Houli has to get a go soon. Desevres it. Mind you so does Hislop and Gumby. Anyone have an idea when they should come in??
And who should make way for them??
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
No he wont!
Ask the coach why he wasnt picked this week.

Not injured or anything, but still couldnt get a game.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was the kids stuffing up, but when its your more experienced players making basic fundamental mistakes, that shits me.
Last edited by Rossoneri on Sun May 06, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

We need to omit like 4 people and put Houli, Longerlan, Hislop and Gumbleton in.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Agree Rosso. Surely we would be better off with another kid in the team instead of poor old Bolts!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
No he wont!
Ask the coach why he wasnt picked this week.

Not injured or anything, but still couldnt get a game.

I wouldnt mind so much if it was the kids stuffing up, but when its your more experienced players making basic fundamental mistakes, that shits me.
Ah, now I gotchya!

I don't think he can ignore his inclusion this week though...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Good to see Bradley doing well in the VFL, he needs to build up his confidence.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Bradley at Bendigo

Post by uptick »

andrewb wrote:Best on ground for bendigo this week. Really killed them apparently and was marking everything playing across half forward and on the wing. Great to see - hopefully Sheeds will leave him down there for a couple more months (at least) so that he can come back breathing fire and make a proper go of it.

Houli also in the best again.
Bloody good news. Hopefully he gets to wipe his bottom wiht 19 pages of blitz rubbish.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

agree completely.

the guys who have been in the team for 2-3 years now.

(dyson, winders, watson, stants etc) really need to earn their spot now.

if we have got good promising talent, bring them in and tell the kids to back themselves.

if we come unstuck, at least we have some experience blokes in the magoos, working hard to break back in the team to replace them.

sheeds needs to take some selection risks, and he needs to show the blokes in the twos, that there is a great opportunity to break into the seniors midfield.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Bradley at CHF makes some sense. But then what about Johns, Lucas, Gumbleton .....

I think Bradley's problem is that there are just better forward line options.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Bradley at CHF makes some sense. But then what about Johns, Lucas, Gumbleton .....

I think Bradley's problem is that there are just better forward line options.
Spot on. Only position is in the forward line (though his kicking for goal is shithouse)
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

So... assuming a couple of months dominating in the twos, what to do with him when he makes it back into the ones? For mine, Kepler is in the top few for contested grabs in the team and he always presents (which is what I like about him).

Coaching staff should instruct him to present at nominated positions on the ground (e.g. on either wing, forward flanks or in the middle) and should give him set plays for when he marks it - instruct runners to go past or give him set positions on the ground to kick to.

Make sure he doesn't receive the first kick out of the back line - his decision making and kicking action are too poor when he gets cornered on the flanks.

Treat him like a ruckman rather than a roving wingman - keep it very simple and make sure that he is always supported by the other blokes who are giving him simple options. Don't put him into positions where he has to hit targets with precision by foot.

Coach this lad right and he will be fine. But please Sheeds, don't bring him back too quickly - you've made that mistake on too many occasions. Be patient and build him up - then, watch him blossom as his confidence returns.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I actually see a little bit of Terry Daniher in him. (Only a little mind you - but enough to be encouraged).

TD was by no means the most silky player going around. But, he presented and committed like no other. He could also take a bloody good contested grab and read the play beautifully. If Braddles could clean up his kicking, a half forward role is not out of the question.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

No f*** it after Anzac day he stay in the magoos for 8 weeks.

And I was a big supporter of his being a WA boy!!!!