A Champion's time has come.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Bottom line, wasn't Jimmy's fault yesterday!!!!!!
Rotorog
Top Up Player

Post by Rotorog »

Your really are a twit Swoodly. Sitting in Perth and trying to comment on a game which I have seen from start to finish at the MCG the other day. I am not a negative poster. You look at Essendon through rose tinted glasses. That is why the club cops a hiding and posters like you think it is okay. Me? I have followed this club for the last 25 years plus and hate to see this crap being played out, and la la land posters like you thinking we are about to win a premiership!!!
As much as I hate Collingwood look at what Malthouse is doing with the kids. Sheedy ?? Talks rubbish, does not play the kids and you think Hirdy is going to win us a premiership. As I said in my last post TD and Madden played in the reserves in the twilight of their careers! Or are you so blind or stupid to see that we must play ex-chapmions at the expense of the kids.
Take a look at Gaspar, Lynch, Buckley et al and then post the stupid reply that you did.
swoodley wrote:Rotorog used to post the same sort of shit on the old bombertalk.

He's obviously just ben waiting for "the right moment" to vent his spleen on Hird.

Can't remember a single positive post from him before and it looks like nothing as changed
The Oracle has spoken.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rotorogs 2nd post just confirmed my opinion.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

[quote="Rotorog"] Sheedy ?? Talks rubbish, does not play the kids

We played 8 guys 23 years old or under on Saturday. If Leroy had been fit would have been 9. I am so sick of hearing "Play the Kids, Play the Kids"

We are playing the kids which is one of the main rasons for our inconsistency. As hard as it is, it is the only way forward. If we can get a good balance between experience and youth, we have done well. Adelaide, St. Kilda and Freo were no flukes no matter how many people have now demeaned those efforts. I fear that the season is going to be very inconsistent but that goes with the territory.

It is amazing how quickly the knives appear!!!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

first ever thread about dropping hirdy to the 2's and in his farewell year aswell, congrats rotorog you've just become the BT doofus
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rotorog wrote:Your really are a twit Swoodly. Sitting in Perth and trying to comment on a game which I have seen from start to finish at the MCG the other day. I am not a negative poster. You look at Essendon through rose tinted glasses. That is why the club cops a hiding and posters like you think it is okay. Me? I have followed this club for the last 25 years plus and hate to see this crap being played out, and la la land posters like you thinking we are about to win a premiership!!!
As much as I hate Collingwood look at what Malthouse is doing with the kids. Sheedy ?? Talks rubbish, does not play the kids and you think Hirdy is going to win us a premiership. As I said in my last post TD and Madden played in the reserves in the twilight of their careers! Or are you so blind or stupid to see that we must play ex-chapmions at the expense of the kids.
Take a look at Gaspar, Lynch, Buckley et al and then post the stupid reply that you did.
swoodley wrote:Rotorog used to post the same sort of shit on the old bombertalk.

He's obviously just ben waiting for "the right moment" to vent his spleen on Hird.

Can't remember a single positive post from him before and it looks like nothing as changed
Rotorog

I've read your reply and here's mine to you:

1. Show me a positive post you have made

2. I don't look through rose coloured glasses and if you read more of my posts you would realise that I take a fairly pragmatic view of our current position and shortcomings

3. I've followed Essendon since going to my first game at Windy Hill in 1966 so stick your 25 years where the sun doesn't shine

4. Show me where I said that Hird would win us a premiership...you'll struggle to find such a post because I'm smart enough to realise he won't be around as a player when the cup is next lifted by the Bombers.

It would appear that you are the only one calling for Hird to be dropped among the variety of posters on this thread alone.

So do your best and try and post something positive.

Do you really think it will help develop our younger players by having Hird playing for Bendigo...think about that statement and then explain to me how it would help. I promise I'll listen to your view adn if it's reasonable I will acknowledge it as such.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

You want someone who got 29 disposals to hang the boots?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

KaaN10 wrote:You want someone who got 29 disposals to hang the boots?
forget the 29 disposals on the weekend, think about how much he ooze's class and can lift a team and break a game open in the space of 2 minutes
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
KaaN10 wrote:You want someone who got 29 disposals to hang the boots?
forget the 29 disposals on the weekend, think about how much he ooze's class and can lift a team and break a game open in the space of 2 minutes
And that
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

swoodley wrote: Do you really think it will help develop our younger players by having Hird playing for Bendigo...think about that statement and then explain to me how it would help. I promise I'll listen to your view adn if it's reasonable I will acknowledge it as such.
Bingo.

I think most people are hanging their hat on the fact that Terry Daniher and Simon Madden both spent a year in the reserves in 1992 to fast track the development of the club's younger players, many of which produced the goods in 93 and formed the core of the playing group into the late 90's.

However, the fact is that Bendigo is not and will never be the same as the Essendon reserves. While Essendon's seniors and reserves trained together and in many ways played together as one group, Bendigo and Essendon are two different entities, (save for the fact that AFL listed players train in Melbourne every week)

Hird being stuck out at Bendigo for any reason other than form (even though IMO his form is more than enough to sustain his position in the senior side) will have a lesser effect than Daniher and Madden for the simple reason that Essendon and Bendigo are, in respects, two different sides.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hird still has alot to offer. It's still basically Lloydy's first season as captain and having someone like James Hird around to help him will be invaluable in the future.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Swoodly you must be special... no one in the thread agreed with him and yet he singled out you. In spite of Donnie being far, far more verbally aggressive?

The day Hird is ready to be dropped to the seconds is the day I hope the Great Man retires. I don't want to see him there unless he wants to be there. And I DO see Hirdy with rose coloured glasses and don't give a f*** who thinks so.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Megan wrote:Swoodly you must be special... no one in the thread agreed with him and yet he singled out you. In spite of Donnie being far, far more verbally aggressive?

The day Hird is ready to be dropped to the seconds is the day I hope the Great Man retires. I don't want to see him there unless he wants to be there. And I DO see Hirdy with rose coloured glasses and don't give a f*** who thinks so.
Aw shucks Megs :oops:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Megan wrote:Swoodly you must be special... no one in the thread agreed with him and yet he singled out you. In spite of Donnie being far, far more verbally aggressive?
People saying stupid shit about the great man brings the best out in me Megs... What can I say??
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Swoodley, however not special enough for me to have spelt your name right ;)

Donnie - I agree whole heartedly, just didn't understand why you weren't in the firing line :D
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Megan I can see you at the end of the season sitting in the lounge room watching his retirement press conference on TV with your legs hugged to your chest, shaking and say, "Its not true Hirdy, tell me its not true":D
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Boncer, that reminds me of Hirdy's comeback game from the navicular bone injury. Thankfully I was in the room by myself because I was sitting on the couch with my knees pulled up to my chest, and he ran out and just when his feet hit the turf before he even got through the banner I got so excited I went to shoot up off the couch cheering, fell over my own feet and took a header into the carpet and great speed.

Still one of the best nights of my life :D

I wore black the day he got married :D

And I'll wear black for a week when he retires :( I'm gonna order a custom made zimmerframe in red and black, with 4WD so he can take it out onto the MCG on Anzac day, and he'd still kick those Collingwood f****** arses.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I agree that he should play only as a forward.

He has been playing mostly forward for the past few years and stated that this is going ot be his last season, so why does he only play in the middle this year?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.