Essendon vs. Kangaroos

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rem
Top Up Player

Essendon vs. Kangaroos

Post by Rem »

What's the go? Win or loss?

I think loss, if the Hawthorn performance is anything to go by. Lloyd out aswell, tough.

(I saw that a thread wasn't made for this weeks upcoming game)
Andy Lovett - no. 1
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

We should win based on the following flawless logic:

Three times this year we have gone in as the underdog - Three wins

Three times this year we have gone in as the favourite - Three losses

We are sure to be the underdogs this week so we should win

As I said, flawless logic :lol:

On a serious note, unless we improve markedly on our effort against Hawthorn, the Roos will beat us.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

we are screwed if bolts plays and kepler comes back on his bendigo performance.
Houli must play, we need the spark and at his expense jobe should be dropped to VFL and get his skills right. Seems logical to me!
Hopefully Hille and NLM are ready to go by Weeks end

In: Houli, Hille, NLM
Out: Bolts, Laycock & Watson
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I have absolutely no confidence in our lot at the moment. Unless they can display some G & D and a bit of passion, we will be seeing red & black marshmellows at the end of the game.

Let's try and get some ascendency in the ruck for once FFS!
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

if Hille is unfit and doesnt play i sure hope Laycock is ready to go because he will be up against a very much improved Hamish McIntosh who could maul the cock
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The team needs some belief. Instead of kicking the first few goals this week maybe having to come from behind early on may provide some spark.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

The game against the roos is going to be a game where we MUST man up our players. Because players like Harvey, Grant, Wells either sit off the back of the packs, or about 20 metres away by themselves waiting for the quick handball or kick, and run off down the ground and kick it into their 50. We have to be much more disciplined with our accountability for the oppsition players. And f things aren't going right, hopfully Sheeds will make the move before the last 5 minutes of the last quarter.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

the dons will win.

JJ has a game under his belt in the middle, likewise Johns up forward.
and I expect Houli to come in at the expense of either Watson or Dyson.

Our backline should contain the roos forwards, midfield should break even.

I would say Hille will be right this week. be nice to rotate Hille and Laycock thru the ruck.

If Lloyd isn't right, I think sheedy will play Hird alongside Johns and Lucas in the forward line.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

the roos have beaten us for the last 3 years.
the one deciding factor will be our effort after the firs quarter.
We must sustain 4 quarters of football against the roos. they can play from start to finish consistently.

Essendon of the last few weeks has only shown we can play consistently good for one quarter, then consistently sloppy for the last 3.

one thing going for us, the roos dont have a power full forward to maul us.
they do, however, have a midfield of Hamish in form for ruck, Simpson, Harvey, Grant, Rawlings, Harris and Firrito.

plus Wells is finding form and confidence. We are going to have to use the ball well this week.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'll be there. I think that Essendon play really well at the telstra dome we have won both encounters there this year and that was after the terrible fade out againstg the blues. I expect to see Lucas once again return to form he won't be kept down for too much longer. Our forawrd line should stretch their defense but the game is won in the midfield and that's what has me worried but last week's effort against the swans must have taken a lot out of the roos but I think it will be really close but can only go by heart and say the bombers by 12
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Have not missed a game since Adelaide which was interstate.

Will be there with a few mates this week. 3 Bombers Vs 2 Kangaroo supporters.

I think we can win, but going on the performances of the past week we wont. Their intensity and spirit is the opposite to ours.

Lets take the first 2 minutes of every game we play, and turn that into 4 quarters, and we should in every game by 50 goals :P
Trent
Top Up Player

Post by Trent »

citizenerased wrote:the roos have beaten us for the last 3 years.
... last 5 years actually!!! Last time we beat them we had to come from 69 points behind to do it!

Stranger things have happened, but can't see us winning this one (barring a drastic turnaround in form from the last two weeks).
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I think we should win. We struggle to play on the MCG (where all our losses have been), but seem a lot better suited at the Dome. Looking forward to the match.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

We should turn it around this week at the dome providing Lucas hits his straps. North don't have a forward line with Thompson out and shouldn't kill us with midfield pace. That said, they will win in the middle... count on it.

Keys to victory:

1. Shut down Hamish Mcintosh - he has been their driving force this year and is killing it in the ruck. I hope like hell that Hille is back!

2. Harvey, Grant, Wells, Jones... I don't care if Simpson has 40 possessions - these are the guys that will cut us up. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in their goal kicking. Need to run extra guys through the middle of the ground to keep them in check and be smart with our changes when they float forward.

3. Edwards, Campbell - a couple of rookies that have been playing pretty well up forward and slotting a few, too. Need to make sure we pay them respect.

4. Spirit - the roos will play for four quarters and will tackle and harass all day. We need to take it up to them.

5. Forwards - we need Lucas back at his best and Johns to step up a little more. I head the "smack" when Johns laid that tackle in the last quarter from 30 rows back. Get him to give one to Wells early :).

6. Fletcher - we should be able to hold the roos defensively... need to make sure that Fletcher is released to play the general role across half back rather than getting stuck on the last line.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

No chance to win.

I will still be going though, but still have no chance of winning. Midfield looks slow, and is very unskilled.

I still believe that we havent improved on the midfield at all from last year. When they start manning up, then we may have a chance.

I predict that we will start well, then begin the decline from the 15 minute mark of the first quarter, much like the past two weeks.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

When I tip Essendon, they lose. When I tip opposition, they win. I'll be using my tip on Essendon because it's at TD.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Will be there. Reckon the Roos will get up quite easily. Our midfeild is just crap. Need Hille to get up or else we will get wooped. Lucas must step up this week.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Don't underestimate the midfield they may be down at the moment but they haven't been entirely bad this year. I think they'll be better than you think.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

KaaN10 wrote:When I tip Essendon, they lose. When I tip opposition, they win. I'll be using my tip on Essendon because it's at TD.
I've tipped Essendon three times for our three losses and tipped against Essendon three times for our three wins, so I'll be tippong the Kangaroos and hope that my trend continues. :P

Nevertheless, it should be a cracking game. Looking forward to it.

My changes for this week:

IN: Hille, Houli, Lovett Murray (if fit)
OUT: Bolton, Heffernan, Dyson

EMERG: Dyson, Hislop, Bradley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It was Thompson and Rocca who have hurt us the last few years. Neither of them are there which will help.