My team for 2007

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

My team for 2007

Post by Jazz_84 »

im bored and want to see what my team would look like if i was in sheedy's position, post your own thoughts or teams.

hard choices should be made at the end of 2007 to fit in Scott Gumbleton, Sam Lonergan and maybe Tom Hislop

but for now this is my team (injuries aside):

B: Adam McPhee, Mal Michael, Nathan Lovett-Murray

HB: Jason Winderlich, Dustin Fletcher, Patrick Ryder

C: Mark McVeigh, Damien Peverill, Bachar Houli

HF: Andrew Welsh, Scott Lucas, Andrew Lovett

F: James Hird, Matthew Lloyd, Alwyn Davey

FOLL: David Hille, Jason Johnson, Brent Stanton

I/C: Mark Johnson, Leroy Jetta, Angus Monfries, Jobe Watson

EMG: Courtney Johns, Henry Slattery, Ricky Dyson

at some stage id give Hird a bit of time in the middle and move Houli to the forward line, but apart from that not much movement is needed, so to me that looks like a talented generally quick team...
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

How can you be bored on such a beautiful Saturday mornng here in BrisVegas :lol:
Save me Jebus!
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Not bad Jazz.
I think the team needs re adjusting slightly myself too.

He is what I would like to see:

FB: Lovett MM Ryder
HB: McPhee Fletcher Winderlich
C: Houli Watson McVeigh
HF: MJ Lucas Monfries
F: Jetta Johns Davey

FOLL: Hille Peverill Stanton
I/C: Laycock JJ Hislop Lonergan

I would like to see this team for next weeks game. Players picked on form with injuries taken into consideration. (Welsh, Hird and Lloyd out)

Lovett is playing in the midfiled but isnt playing well at all. Maybe he could move into defence where he would have to tackle and he could provide some much needed run through the middle. Just an idea. I too would prefer to see him forward of the middle but he is struggling. A change could do him a world of good maybe?

Same for MJ. Started the season in defence but has struggled. Was better last night, but maybe put him up front and see what happens.

Watson needs to start in the middle. He was very good last night. Have JJ start on the pine. Let those 2 rotate. The midfiled is too slow with both on at the same time along with Pev.

Bring in Jetta if he has recovered. Except he needs some more ground time! Play him as a permanent forward pocket.

Hislop is back from suspension and looks very promising. He could seriously help our disgraceful midfield in the very near future. Put him in. Best to start developing it NOW. Same goes for Lonergan. Seen him play a little and he looks likely. The thing I like about him is he likes to tackle - we need that.

With Lovett, Winderlich and Ryder all down back it could be a little to raw and unaccountable at times, but its time to mix things up, coz things arent right.

Team needs to play like Sheeds said at 3qtr time. Maybe Sheeds' coaching is falling on deaf ears? But move the ball at all cost, stop this stop and start crap all the time. Play with risk and dare. Kick long to contests, we have the speedy crumbers to mop up - and we have the marking targets too.

The short kick game is too conservative and not right for a team with our skill level. I dont know why we do it so much for? :(
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I like the look of the team DC, and the rationale behind it.

Re: the coaching falling on deaf ears, that has been bandied about a number of times in the past, but people are far too quick to dismiss it as an option and take the easy way out... blame Sheedy.

He can only tell them what he wants, and move players into appropriate positions, but if they don't execute then it doesn't matter what he says in the end. He's not out there kicking the ball or running to the space, or translation... kicking behinds, selling teammates into trouble and not providing options.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Great post DC... makes a lot of sense.

Not sure that the backline can handle Winders, Mcphee and Lovett down there from an accountability perspective but we'd certainly get a lot of run out of them. I'd like to see Ryder further away from the goal line, too - he was unstoppable across half back for the early parts of yesterday's game.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

RAMS wrote:How can you be bored on such a beautiful Saturday mornng here in BrisVegas :lol:
was 2am lol
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

Jazz_84 wrote:
RAMS wrote:How can you be bored on such a beautiful Saturday mornng here in BrisVegas :lol:
was 2am lol
Don't tell me you find Bris boring at 2am! :lol:
Save me Jebus!