Out of the gloom...Houli

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Completely agree. I also liked Houli's interview on BomberTV, quite mature and articulate.

And definitely Houli's goal on his first game did much to break the prevailing gloom on Friday.
Red and Black Forever
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I love this kid already. He's an absolute steal at #42.

I used to think Dodoro was absolutely useless but in the last two or three years he's really turned it around.

Ryder played CHF, CHB and Ruck on the weekend. He did well in all three positions. He is nineteen, playing in the THREE hardest positions on the field and dominating. He is, by far, the best prospect from last year's draft. Murphy and Thomas are good but there's plenty around like them. Other picks from that draft are Dempsay (question mark), Lonergan (looks the goods) and Neagle.

People will be talking about our performance in this draft for years to come - I haven't seen Gumby or Hislop yet but by all accounts they'll be greats. Reimers, Chartres and Dick are all promising, too. Great move by the coaching staff to load up on draft picks in what could easily be the best draft ever.

Credit where credit is due.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Quite a good article
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012