Sheedy's 3 quarter address.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DYSON#2 wrote:look different veiws obviously.. i expected something different from an AFL coach.
Like? Very easy to say it wasn't any good if you dont offer an alternative. Knowing you Dys I'd assume you have something you think should've been said?
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

well i was expecting to hear some sort of strategie other than bringing it through the middle. We should have been kicking it long out of defence, using our height instead of all that chipping shit we have become acustomed too which i think is part of the reason we are turning it over so much. kick the ball long use the talls and have the numbers running forward and kicking long again to Lucas, Hille or whoever was down there. All he said was run and back yourself, well common sense says that only applies to a select few in our team because we are still a very slow unit. kick the ball when you get and stop running ourselves into trouble. i hope it makes sense
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

DYSON#2 wrote:well i was expecting to hear some sort of strategie other than bringing it through the middle. We should have been kicking it long out of defence, using our height instead of all that chipping shit we have become acustomed too which i think is part of the reason we are turning it over so much. kick the ball long use the talls and have the numbers running forward and kicking long again to Lucas, Hille or whoever was down there. All he said was run and back yourself, well common sense says that only applies to a select few in our team because we are still a very slow unit. kick the ball when you get and stop running ourselves into trouble. i hope it makes sense
I hope you realise that they didnt broadcast his whole speech? It was on delay, and as such, the Essendon staff had the chance to edit out what they didnt want the rest of the country to see. Why would you talk about stratergies on nationa TV? Why not just display your game plan at training and hand it to the media?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Rossoneri wrote:
DYSON#2 wrote:well i was expecting to hear some sort of strategie other than bringing it through the middle. We should have been kicking it long out of defence, using our height instead of all that chipping shit we have become acustomed too which i think is part of the reason we are turning it over so much. kick the ball long use the talls and have the numbers running forward and kicking long again to Lucas, Hille or whoever was down there. All he said was run and back yourself, well common sense says that only applies to a select few in our team because we are still a very slow unit. kick the ball when you get and stop running ourselves into trouble. i hope it makes sense
I hope you realise that they didnt broadcast his whole speech? It was on delay, and as such, the Essendon staff had the chance to edit out what they didnt want the rest of the country to see. Why would you talk about stratergies on nationa TV? Why not just display your game plan at training and hand it to the media?
More important why would they talk about strategy at 3 quarter time.

Thats what pre-game is for. The other breaks are just a reiteration of points related to the strategy set out pre game.

Ps. i think it was his whole speech, its just for the most of the break they were in their positional groups.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nomolos wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
More important why would they talk about strategy at 3 quarter time.

Thats what pre-game is for. The other breaks are just a reiteration of points related to the strategy set out pre game.
So Sheedy only has a plan A then? No plan B to counter-act what is happening?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

^^^ dunno Proabably not.....

might have changed it at half time?

Maybe kick long is plan B?

maybe he's sticking with 1 game plan for the game?

Maybe he's a coach with 27 years experience that knows what he's doing better than us??
Last edited by nomolos on Sun May 13, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Or even 27 years?
Im not having a go at him. Dyson said that Sheedy didnt say anything different to what a country coach would say. Im telling him that it was edited out so as to not reveal any stratergies we have.

You dont change game plans every week.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

No... and im saying maybe kicking it long is plan B
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

I don't agree with the whole idea - no matter what anyone says, Sheeds would have been compromised in what he said, knowing there was a TV camera looking over his shoulder (watch your p's & q's).

Can you imagine Sheeds telling Courtney Johns to clean up Daniel Harris on his first opportunity?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I saw the talk live and there was nothing worth editting. Just the fact that he kept saying "Bloody" instead of the obvious replacements tells me that he dumbed it down for the cameras.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We had just spent a quarter getting smashed and watching North score.

Our young team went into the huddle with their heads down.

They came out with fire and gave it real crack, they got back into the game doing exactly what their coach asked of them.

A lot of people have been saying Sheeds no longer has the respect of the group. I think this shows he does.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sismis wrote:We had just spent a quarter getting smashed and watching North score.

Our young team went into the huddle with their heads down.

They came out with fire and gave it real crack, they got back into the game doing exactly what their coach asked of them.

A lot of people have been saying Sheeds no longer has the respect of the group. I think this shows he does.
Good point Sismis. If our list doesn't have respect for a man like Sheeds then I am worried about the list
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mark Harvey was asked about it on the news here in Perth last night. He basically said that it WASN'T a typical Sheedy speech and had no doubt that that he had changed it for the cameras. :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Good message.

But didn't do enough to get the team fired up for a big last quarter. Didn't need to crack it, but inspire some passion FFS.

Knights for Bendigo is much better IMO.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.