Who's in front?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Who's in front?

Post by DYSON#2 »

To those a bit closer to the club and get to training etc i was wondering about two kids taken in the same draft in Sammy Lonergan and Dempsey.

Who looks more likely to get a call up to the seniors in coming weeks? i know both names have been thrown around past couple of weeks and i also hear courtney has had injurie problems?

Just interesting to know who'd be the preferred option in there early footy careers.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Lonergan would be really close to be playing seniors. Might get a game this week. Dempsey has been injured but can really play from what I've seen of him.

Haven't seen much of Lonergan so couldn't really tell you.

Wish the reserves would come back when you could see these kids play and everyone would know how they are going.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

i rate lonergan alot higher than dempsey, but dempsey will probably get the go ahead over lonergan cause he's simply got speed and sheedy is addicted to the stuff.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I think Longergan would be very close to getting a game. Did well in the pre season before getting injured. Did some very nice things against the all stars.

As for Dempsey, he showed some exciting signs last season but (like most of our young guys) is injured at the moment. Looking forward to seeing him progress though.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

i rate lonergan alot higher than dempsey, but dempsey will probably get the go ahead over lonergan cause he's simply got speed and sheedy is addicted to the stuff.
shh, don't tell the boys down at AFL HQ, or we'll have the Drug Squad snooping around...
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Word from Bendigo is Lonergan will become a consistent senior player. Some of the higher ups there are more then impressed with how he goes about his footy. Not so sure on Dempsey.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Dempsey is lightning fast with great skills and can really turn it on. Can also run cold, but worth playing on the wing.

Lonergan gets hard balls, run well and can kick goals. Should probably also be in.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.