Please explain?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Since when has Sheeds ever used logic??
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I would assume that if Lovett fails to come up then Dyson will replace him.

Bradley would be cover for Lloyd after his recent goal kicking performances for Bendigo :?

Bolton.....who knows what piece of logic was used there :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Dyson might be the one to come in for Lovett. Even though Bradley has played well for Bendigo two weeks running and Dyson hasn't done anything, it's logical enough for Dyson to come in on a like-for-like basis for Lovett.

There's no way i could bring myself to tip us this week, given that both Lloyd and Hird are chances to be late withdrawals. I don't care if anyone says Lloyd is 10000% likely to play, i'll believe it when i see it; same goes for Hird.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Please explain?

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote: "We are going to play quick kids" thunders Sheeds. Then picks a slow 32 yo mid fielder. Why? To win enough games to save his gig or am I too cynical?
He did say that, instead he goes and recruits useless slow hacks. We will get smashed out of the middle tomorrow and will probably lose the game.
Imagine if we lose to Richmond the following week, his job will be hanging by a thread if it isnt already.
Filthy wrote: - Apart from Licha, Froggy, Houli, Stanton, & Gus the team is as slow as a wet week.
Stanton is not quick. Our midfield seems worse than last year. Sheedy is trying to play a quick style of football but a slow, poor skilled and unaccountable midfield will not be able to play that style.

I have had a gutful oif him saying he will do this and then does something else. Campo and Cole are two pathetic footballers, why are they even playing?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Just as an aside, Malthouse is looking at blooding his 5th debutant this week against the Doggies. We have blooded 3 & we are the ones who are supposed to be in the middle of a big rebuilding phase.

Sheeds is definitely selecting players to save his career, rather than coaching for the future.

I'm tipping us to win only because I cop a lot of crap when we win & I don't pick them.

In the big scheme of things, I believe it would be better for a Lonergan or Hislop to play, even though the risk of losing is higher (& even that is debateable).
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

CameronClayton wrote:Just as an aside, Malthouse is looking at blooding his 5th debutant this week against the Doggies. We have blooded 3 & we are the ones who are supposed to be in the middle of a big rebuilding phase.

Sheeds is definitely selecting players to save his career, rather than coaching for the future.

I'm tipping us to win only because I cop a lot of crap when we win & I don't pick them.

In the big scheme of things, I believe it would be better for a Lonergan or Hislop to play, even though the risk of losing is higher (& even that is debateable).
One step back for two steps forward.

There is nothing to say that we will improve either, which I find most disturbing. Its just the same routine, week after week. Monfries is wasted on the HFF, McPhee is out of position and the midfield is slow and unaccountable.
The only team we are in front of in terms of re-building is Richmond, and thats only just. Its going to be a long season, yet Sheedy will stay on.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Re: Please explain?

Post by Stocksy »

[/quote]
I have had a gutful oif him saying he will do this and then does something else. Campo and Cole are two pathetic footballers, why are they even playing?[/quote]

How the f*** is he getting a second game, still dazed that he got a first one, piss him off to some bum f*** country league...

Talk about going to a new car dealer and walking out with a second hand Datun, I would be happier to see the mascot take jis place in the side...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Only options from Bendigo for the midfield seem to be Lonergan and Hislop. I wouldn't want to reward Hislop for his suspension but I can't see why Lonergan doesn't at least make the emergencies.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It isn't looking to good for tomorrow. Let's just hope there are no late withdrawls.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

andrewb wrote:Only options from Bendigo for the midfield seem to be Lonergan and Hislop. I wouldn't want to reward Hislop for his suspension but I can't see why Lonergan doesn't at least make the emergencies.
Why? We are rewarding players for being shit.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Rossoneri wrote:
andrewb wrote:Only options from Bendigo for the midfield seem to be Lonergan and Hislop. I wouldn't want to reward Hislop for his suspension but I can't see why Lonergan doesn't at least make the emergencies.
Why? We are rewarding players for being shit.
A good point, but promoting a first year player to the ones after three reports in his first six months at the club will teach others to play the same and we'll end up with a team of solomons. I don't care how good he is.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

What has he been reported for ???
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Picking Campo (and to a lesser extent Cole) as well as naming Bradley and Bolton on the emergencies is confusing if not downright f***** up.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Surely CJ would be a better option as an emergency if Lloyd is in doubt. Bradley should not play again until he has kicked 5 bags of 5 at Bendigo!!!
dheal
Top Up Player

Selection Joke

Post by dheal »

Iagree withyou filthy, Laycock should have been perservered with as he can be an option up forward,ok he has not done well in the centre but big men take time to develop & he should be given more exposure as he has potential. Taking Ryder from the backline to plug holes is unfair to the kid. Johns had to go for Lloyd,unfortunately Johns was "lost" last week. What happens,heaven forbid,if Hille does his hamquinn early.

I noticed that Sheedys pets,Bolton & Bradley also make the emergency list WHY whose position are they going to take, Lovett? Dyson for Lovett i presume but Dyson cannot make the jump from the two's to seniors. Why not try the young kids like Collingwood, Richmond etc instead old hacks & those who are never going to make regular players, eg the 2 B's. Even naming the 2 B's in the same side let alone just one at a time is enough to condemn Sheedy. Explanation please to the supporters who are totally mystified.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe the draft selections have been good. Maybe its the way we further try and develope these players that is the problem?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Maybe Bradley is an emergency because hes been in the top 3 at Bendigo since ANZAC day?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Based on the in's and emergencies this is the only week so for this seaosn I have tipped against Essendon.
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

I Believe one of Either johns or Laycock should have been left in. As the Third Tall, and Laycock would also be backup ruckman for Hille.
Although a Bag of 5 or 6 Goals at Bendigo for Johns and A full game in the ruck for Laycock should improve both their fitness and confidence.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Kep could come in. He's been playing well at Bendigo apparently. He'd replace Ryder at CHB when he relieved in the ruck. And I think it's OK to throw Ryder in the ruck for 10 minutes each quarter - consensus is that he'll make the grade and he does seem to be progressing well so far. From what I've seen (not much I confess) he'd be an awesome ruckman, very mobile and a good leap and he does direct tap outs well. I'm just not sure if he's tall enough. How tall is he?

While I'm at it, if it were up to me I'd leave CJ in and put Lloyd at Bendigo for a couple of weeks. He needs to be able to work back to his best and get some confidence, and it'd give CJ some opportunity to show something.

Not sure that there's a lot of other options to promote from Bendigo at the moment, perhaps Lonergan, and a couple of others when over injuries.

Have to agree Cole is a waste, there are several others that can play his role just as effectively, and who have years on their side.

As for Campo, give him a go I say. When he was with Carlton I don't remember ever thinking he was useless and not up to AFL level, and everyone here agrees we need some skills and he does have them.