Adelaide v Richmond (spoiler warning)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Adelaide v Richmond (spoiler warning)

Post by Lloyd is King »

Richmond levelled the scores with 10 minutes to go. An historic upset looked very possible. But Adelaide ran out winners by 9 points. Richmond gave their all, were gallant, etc, etc.

My concern is that Richmond's first win is getting closer and closer. And it might even be next week if certain other parties keep dropping the soap.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

My thoughts exactly. They cant have been too bad to only go down to Adelaide by 9 points. I was keeping a close eye on the scores throughout because i had Adelaide in all my multibets this week. I was a bit nervous for a minute or two.

They're going to face us with an extra day's rest in the knowledge that their first win isn't too far away.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

But was their "big" effort this week?

Loss after loss is really demoralising, trust me I played in a winless season once.

You see games as "winnable" games and really build for them, it's hard to be up for two weeks in a row especially after you've come so close.

I reckon they're a big chance against us but you have to worry about their mindset. Plus their team is inferior to ours on paper significantly so if we bring anything resemebling our A game then we should win.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rama_fan wrote:But was their "big" effort this week?

Loss after loss is really demoralising, trust me I played in a winless season once.

You see games as "winnable" games and really build for them, it's hard to be up for two weeks in a row especially after you've come so close.

I reckon they're a big chance against us but you have to worry about their mindset. Plus their team is inferior to ours on paper significantly so if we bring anything resemebling our A game then we should win.
I hope your right in that this week was their big week and that we do bring oor A game next week (and tomorrow as well)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

Richardson most likely out, with a fractured eye socket 4-6 weeks.
If essendon lose to richmond without a ruckman (Simmonds) and a key Forward(Richardson) it will be a travesty
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A game we should still win but lets get through tomorrow first.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Leigh wrote: If essendon lose to richmond without a ruckman (Simmonds) and a key Forward(Richardson) it will be a travesty
It might also be a big nail in the Sheedy coffin.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

rama_fan wrote:But was their "big" effort this week?

What if it is our "big" effort tomorrow?

And, do we have an "A game"?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I hate to admit it, but I was barracking for Richmond tonight. Maybe barracking for the underdog (EFC) has become too ingrained :?

But what I did like about them was how they kept taking the game up to Adelaide. At every opportunity they ran and tried to create something - whereas we have looked stagnant so often.

Richmond looked a lot inferior to Adelaide on paper as well, so the paper "strength" of our team doesn't instill me with confidence, but a win against the Lions will change that I'm sure.

I have no idea what our game plan actually is, but maybe it should be time to just give the players their heads and let them play aggressive, positive football at all costs, and if they make mistakes trust that they'll learn from it and be better in the long run.

Having said that, I am glad that Sheeds has always said he wants to develop a team that plays attractive positive footy, and largely we've looked like we're trying to do that, but somewhere along the line the message has been falling down because we look way too scared and stagnant.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

This has me worried.

What did Richmond do that got them so close?

And will it hurt us next week?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

j-mac wrote:
What did Richmond do that got them so close?

And will it hurt us next week?
Don't know.
Yes.